Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Atris upper robes are totally broken! Unusable with pants!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Atris upper robes are totally broken! Unusable with pants!

Tannatra
09.21.2014 , 11:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I sense you're trolling but then again, it's also likely you can't do any better than that.

"lol"

If you'd check the OFFICIAL CONCEPT ART for Tulak Hord and the Temple Guardian armor set, you'd know that those pieces are far more detailed and intricate than the ones used as basis for Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun.

They were designed in-house by Bioware's concept artists.

Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun, on the other hand, were far less detailed in comparison and even so, they came across half-baked.
yes i saw the concept art for Tulak hord and Temple guardian... neither really interested me that much. I only asked because i have not seen any concept art for the other 2 and you have answered that question and no i was not trolling i was asking a serious question which may have come accross as trolling which was not my intention but meh stuff happens we move on have a nice day

Alec_Fortescue
09.21.2014 , 06:34 PM | #22
Tulak Hord set is nowhere near as bad as Atris'. Tulak's is my Imperial favorite i've been wearing for months now.

It's sad how much players actually were hyping up the temple guardian set (based on cool concept art) and now i don't see anyone wearing it. Not only it is missing numerous elements but the issue of double hood is also present.

Meh. Just waiting 'til next pack now. * IT* has to be in the next pack. I am so sure of it!

Desolaytore
09.21.2014 , 07:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tannatra View Post
Concept Art != Final Product...... its just a painting :P lol
You haven't seen other games concept VS ingame have you? Look at WoWs for example, they do a damn good job and come so close.

Point is, bioware half asses these sets, there was an outrage thread for Mandalore the Ultimate before they released the pack, only thing they changed was the shoulders ._.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

SgtJeremy
09.21.2014 , 11:19 PM | #24
Isn't this similar to complaining that Heavy Armour top looks funny on Robe bottoms? Or am I generalizing.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Want free stuff, sure you do.

Strajder
09.22.2014 , 07:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
You haven't seen other games concept VS ingame have you? Look at WoWs for example, they do a damn good job and come so close.

Point is, bioware half asses these sets, there was an outrage thread for Mandalore the Ultimate before they released the pack, only thing they changed was the shoulders ._.
This is true, but keep in mind that the ingame models impose some limitations on the armor as well. When you compare various Mandalorian armor sets piece by piece, they all roughly look the same as in the concepts, but the "stylized", cartoony, player models ingame make their body glove to stand out, creating a completely different (and IMHO much worse) feel. Mandalore the Preserver's helmet looks different than the one in KotOR 2 as well, because of different models and perhaps texture zoom.

Additionally, Mandalore the Ultimate's set lacks red cloth tabard/skirt-like bits. I imagine this is because the engine doesn't handle them properly. It makes all the difference, the armor looks different without them.

Daewan
09.22.2014 , 02:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Tulak Hord set is nowhere near as bad as Atris'. Tulak's is my Imperial favorite i've been wearing for months now.

It's sad how much players actually were hyping up the temple guardian set (based on cool concept art) and now i don't see anyone wearing it. Not only it is missing numerous elements but the issue of double hood is also present.

Meh. Just waiting 'til next pack now. * IT* has to be in the next pack. I am so sure of it!
I wear the Temple Guardian's set on two of my characters and I have it fully unlocked in Collections so that I can use certain pieces on more people. I wear it with the mask on one and force the hood down on the other.

But then, I was one of the few people who was horribly upset when they ruined the Genteel Dress set for males and the Infernal armor set coloring, so what do I know.
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Derp :: Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B ::
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
Would you care to show me where the evil Bioware touched you? Possibly on this anatomically correct "SonofThulkose" doll?

Tatile
09.22.2014 , 03:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Daewan View Post
they ruined the Genteel Dress set for males
We are a rare breed.

Varnoukh
10.18.2019 , 07:16 PM | #28
Still super broken.

I previewed them in game and applied a dye. They're ok while standing upright but clip all over the place when you draw your weapon. I've never seen anything this bad in any game.

On the front the lower leg sticks through. On the back there's multiple little bits that stick through.

Lhancelot
10.19.2019 , 12:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Varnoukh View Post
Still super broken.

I previewed them in game and applied a dye. They're ok while standing upright but clip all over the place when you draw your weapon. I've never seen anything this bad in any game.

On the front the lower leg sticks through. On the back there's multiple little bits that stick through.
Making good use of a very old thread, or showing off master necromancer skills; you be the judge!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Varnoukh
10.19.2019 , 08:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Making good use of a very old thread, or showing off master necromancer skills; you be the judge!
Making proper use of forum and google search to see if a problem has already been reported before starting a new thread on it.

Some screenshots for anyone who hasn't seen this for themselves.

https://imgur.com/HVNKDVl

https://imgur.com/iwCO19Y

https://imgur.com/vqxsiZD

https://imgur.com/hxN0cWT

A few instances of clipping this like this when mixing sets is forgivable. But within a set, it's fundamentally broken and illegal.