Bioware is handling this game poorly as of late.

Individual

No server maintenance in about 2-3 weeks. Class changes are ever 3-4 months (this is actually a trend with them). The game is running worse now than it was before f2p. Terror From beyond has been broken for about a month now. Haven't seen an event since last summer. The game, overall, is just running bad right now. Too much lag. I could go on and on about the various problems I feel should have been already fixed since launch. This game just doesn't ever seem to function properly imo. It's always had some sort of lag issue. It's pretty obvious when you go to click on your abilites and there is a little lag time before it executes.

If I wasn't in a fantastic guild, I probably would of stopped playing this game a while ago and gone back to Rift or tried GW2 out. I want this game to work, but thus far, I don't ever see it happening. Bioware hasn't gotten it yet, and I doubt they'll be able to fix some of these issues in the game due to the engine they chose to run the game. We can't even open world PVP due to the lag, and we'll probably never be able to either.

Does the word "vacation" mean nothing to some people? Seems that way.

Do you take a vacation when your job is bleeding customers on a daily basis, badly enough that you already have to offer half your service for free? I know it's the holidays and all but they should still TRY and get something done.

eh...there is a F2P option yes...but don't think for one second subs have not tripled since f2p launch...matter of fact they did an article recently about the numbers and how the game has done a complete 180.

I believe they even mentioned subs tripling and overall pop was nearing x10 what it was and they are contemplating adding 2 new PvE american servers because of the crazy pop Harbinger gets at times. I am almost positive i got this in a newsletter via email recently along with some ROTHC info.

eh...there is a F2P option yes...but don't think for one second subs have not tripled since f2p launch...matter of fact they did an article recently about the numbers and how the game has done a complete 180.

I believe they even mentioned subs tripling and overall pop was nearing x10 what it was and they are contemplating adding 2 new PvE american servers because of the crazy pop Harbinger gets at times. I am almost positive i got this in a newsletter via email recently along with some ROTHC info.

I don't get newsletters in my email so i cant really respond to this... I am of the opinion that the new subs will not last, however. Not much has changed since release, and many of the issues that drove most of the original subscriber base away remain. I would love for this game to do well, i enjoy playing. But there need to be some massive changes for them to sustain the current sub numbers.

People like you are un-believable, I want to see you try to run this game from the business end and lets see how you do. Oh, and this in the wrong section, now lets not feed the whinny troll gents and ladies... some of them have rabies! :D

what a lot of people tend to forget, MMO's are not about making an awesome game, they are about generating MONEY.

Thing about console games, you HAVE to make them epic, because the sales of the game is based on how well the game does and how it gets reviewed by players and game critics. So they have 1 chance for a console game to get it right otherwise the game is sunk.

MMO's are a completely different beast. Their longevity is based on how much money they get over TIME, not in the initial rush to buy the game. With MMO's they give just enough new content to open people's wallets like the cartel store and small moves like ROTHC. They generate profits, but they don't have to make sweeping changes to get people to keep playing and spending money.

Hell people seem to think that unless there are millions online and playing, they aren't making enough money. That is incorrect. Granted they have overhead costs and initial costs, but if you think for one moment that his game hasn't turned enough of a profit, you are fooling yourself.

If it hadn't, game wouldn't be online, and they wouldn't be putting out more content to try and make us open our wallets.

Catch a clue guys. Just because they are not fixing bugs, or balancing classes[and this is an issue that affects ALL games. Go to another mmo or online game and three of the biggest concerns are: Lag, bugs, and balance, with content close behind] does not mean the game is doing poorly.

The devs don't drive this game. Another thing people need to get right out of their heads. The producers and the corporate office drive where this game goes. Devs are merely the people who make it happen. Do developers want to give us the game we so fervently desire? Probably. But they are overridden to put out content and events that will generate cash, not player satisfaction.

The head offices want a nice quarterly statement, not customer satisfaction. Now you say they should go hand in hand, and to a point it does, but if there is a quicker and easier way to make money than totally satisfying customers, damn right they will take it. It's simply business, get the maximum profit for the least amount of spending.

People like you are un-believable, I want to see you try to run this game from the business end and lets see how you do. Oh, and this in the wrong section, now lets not feed the whinny troll gents and ladies... some of them have rabies! :D

I agree with you, this is the wrong forum for this, but since it is here, I'll go ahead and comment anyway.

As a person in the customer service industry, the holidays are our bread and butter. There are no vacations granted during this time and call offs are handled harshly. We are here to service the guest and we have our priorities. Everyone from the CEO down to the last person works during this time. Hands on, get it done. There is no "Well we worked last year, so we'll take this year off" stuff.

Every year.

Every holiday.

Every time.

what a lot of people tend to forget, MMO's are not about making an awesome game, they are about generating MONEY.

Whut? The two go hand in hand. You really can't do one without the other. At the very least, it's easier to make a larger profit if you have the content to warrant it.

This game did not have the goods at launch, and it's still lacking. The only reason I am here at all is because I got sick of the high fantasy genre, and it's Star Wars.

Ditto. Some people will never be happy, no matter how good the game is. I've always respected BioWare, but this game has really made me a fan. For any Star Wars fan, there is nothing better than this title.

For instance, I had a blast on Alderaan when one of the story missions featured the Killicks in a story that was discussed in the painting that Princess Leia and Han tried to get a hold of in the book Tatooine Ghost. I sometimes forget that TOR is thousands of years before the days of Leia and the gang, and when I ran into the Hive Mind subplot I remembered the content from the books. It is little things like that, which makes TOR a superior experience from not just the story content, but from just the whole mythology. It is a fantastic endeavor with real love and care put into every story and grapic interface. Is it perfect? No, but cutting edge attempts never are, and this is cutting edge stuff.

Really?

Those so called trolls know more about this game then the Dev's do. They understand what this game needs and know what I'm with them, it's time for Dev's to start giving us players what we want.

Really?

Those so called trolls know more about this game then the Dev's do. They understand what this game needs and know what I'm with them, it's time for Dev's to start giving us players what we want.

Why don't you go get a job there then :D Or make your own company with your own game. Or maybe do something more productive with your time then join the 10000+ complainers looking to voice there misery and have others join in with them to bash and troll things cause your upset :D Hmmmmmm

God forbid you try and organize something constructive, god help us! :eek:

Live long and Prosper :cool: