Incredibly crappy customer service

chimera_hodges

So for literal years at least since this game came out I've been having this issue with the agent class holoterminal and I've let it go it's only one class outta 8 right well now with the new onslaught expansion all my classes have the same issue where my camera stays where I'm standing when I start the cutscene and the cutscene just doesn't happen at all well before with my agent I thought it was probably my computer but this time around I have a brand new computer built specifically for gaming (it cost a few hundred more than I wanted to spend but for every other game I play it was well worth it) it's fully up to date and ea decides they don't even want to glance at the ticket for my issue so I called the number figured hey phone dude can email a computer dude and after years of patiently waiting we can get this problem solved well nope after years and most likely at least three grand into this game apparently this very vexing and experience ruining problem just isn't worth being addressed

Maybe if you use punctuation this might make sense. What I can say is that reporting bugs is a dead end street. You either report them in game or here in the bug forum and hope for a future fix... if it ever comes. So if that's what you're trying to say, yeh, you're right.

Chimera, I am shocked! Shocked, I say! Never has EA/BW customer been less than 100% attentive to all my complaints and concerns! They have always responded immediately, professionally, and helpfully to all my communications, solving every single little problem I have ever had. Truly, SWTOR has the best customer service in the industry

(/sarc)

Sad to hear it because I previously had very positive experiences with SWTOR's customer service. This was back in the day when I wasn't even subscribed and the service I got was professional, friendly and quick. Too bad it seems to have gone downhill in the recent years. :(

I had this issue when I was playing on my laptop. It just could not play that particular scene. I had to switch to my wife's laptop in order to advance.

After I bought my desktop, I never encountered the issue again. I am not computer savvy enough to tell you if your system is sufficient but if you post the specifications, I am sure someone here can assist you.

the only reason there is crap customer service in the game and on the forums is that bioware is more focus to give life support to a other game to keep it alive will its 100% death more.

to tell it more easy most off the team there need for this game to run it good and let it work good is more busy to give life support to a death game more what has a worst reputation since launch day from that game.

this are the threads on the forum all to let you know how the players hate the developers team and support team all how bad the comunety thinks about there work more now.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=973842

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974459

Chimera, I am shocked! Shocked, I say! Never has EA/BW customer been less than 100% attentive to all my complaints and concerns! They have always responded immediately, professionally, and helpfully to all my communications, solving every single little problem I have ever had. Truly, SWTOR has the best customer service in the industry

(/sarc)

That’s always been my experience, without the sarcasm. The reason people get different levels of service is almost always the way the complainant communicates. Every time these posts pop up in the forums there’s the group who gives the advice to get better service that gets ignored by the other side that thinks the path to great service is yelling, anger, and or insults. Not making any accusations at the OP. Hopefully they were respectful and patient in their dealings with the service agents and they happened to get an agent that is bad at their job, which is not impossible, but all of my experiences with BW have been over and above expectations

I don't know, I have had to call CS a few times. I made it a point to friendly as possible and polite. I have always been treated great. I would be willing to bet most that hate calling customer service are yelling and screaming. I once accidentally left two parts of my xp armor on another server and transferring. They gave me the two parts on the new server. I once bought cartel coins 2400 worth with a glitch of some sort and got double billed. They offered me a refund or cartel coins I took the coins. got them instantly.

Eh, I've contacted CS a number of times over the years, and I've always explained my issues in a precise and dispassionate manner, and.. the helpful responses have been far outnumbered by the kind that seemed like a copypasta-response based on certain keywords in my ticket.

Account issues they will take seriously, but anything else you need to stick to very short and simple sentences and preferably add links to screenshots and forum threads to have maybe a 50/50 chance of getting a useful response.

I don't know, I have had to call CS a few times. I made it a point to friendly as possible and polite. I have always been treated great. I would be willing to bet most that hate calling customer service are yelling and screaming. I once accidentally left two parts of my xp armor on another server and transferring. They gave me the two parts on the new server. I once bought cartel coins 2400 worth with a glitch of some sort and got double billed. They offered me a refund or cartel coins I took the coins. got them instantly.

last week i sent a ticket in the game and ask then a question about why the developer team is not fixing the bugs in the game.

told then also that most off the bugs in the game getting anoying to have and also not forget that there are also bugs in the quest's like bonus series and class quest's and normal quest's.

you know what i got back from then was more this: I reviewed your ticket and I would like to inform you that Taris Bonus Series and I request you to please share your feedback on suggestions page located here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Our Development team actively monitor our forum and are constantly looking for feedback from our players. The thoughts and opinions of our community play a key role in helping them to improve the Star Wars: The Old Republic experience and to shape new features and content.

this is more crappy customer service more you get then since you ask about the taris bonus series bug and for all the other bugs you need to make a thread on the suggestion section on the forum.

its more like if you wane report a bugg to then you most never post it on the bug report section but in the suggestion section on the forum.

- Grammarly ad -

Basically, what you are experiencing is either a bug or a problem with your computer.

If it's a bug, reporting the bug is about all you can do. CS doesn't usually respond to individual bug reports. (There's not much they can say that will help you with a bug.)

If it's a problem with you computer, you can't expect SWTOR CS to fix your computer.

If it is a computer problem such as an earlier poster suggested, it may depend upon the graphics card you're using and what version of driver. It could also be the result of other random driver conflicts, so make sure all your drivers are up to date. The easiest way to do that, which may or may not help, is to just use Windows Update to look for new drivers. They may not necessarily be the very latest, but they will be close and are almost guaranteed to work together.

And, if it does turn out to be a bug, or a problem with your computer, it's not that big a deal is it? 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

my camera stays where I'm standing when I start the cutscene and the cutscene just doesn't happen at all well before with my agent

This occurs on computers below the minimum game requirements , submitting a ticket is the way to go , however do not enter it as a bug report , that goes to a different area and is not answered

current response time is around 48 hrs per the sticky at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-Known-Information-and-Current-Alerts-21st-Jan-20/td-p/4886775/jump-to/first-unread-message

submit a request to be moved forward due to stuck on the agent mission, any issues with the ticket submit a post in the technical issues forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en and it can be followed up further with CS

Edited by OwenBrooks

last week i sent a ticket in the game and ask then a question about why the developer team is not fixing the bugs in the game.

told then also that most off the bugs in the game getting anoying to have and also not forget that there are also bugs in the quest's like bonus series and class quest's and normal quest's.

you know what i got back from then was more this: I reviewed your ticket and I would like to inform you that Taris Bonus Series and I request you to please share your feedback on suggestions page located here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Our Development team actively monitor our forum and are constantly looking for feedback from our players. The thoughts and opinions of our community play a key role in helping them to improve the Star Wars: The Old Republic experience and to shape new features and content.

this is more crappy customer service more you get then since you ask about the taris bonus series bug and for all the other bugs you need to make a thread on the suggestion section on the forum.

its more like if you wane report a bugg to then you most never post it on the bug report section but in the suggestion section on the forum.

See, now this is a question they cannot answer. They have no information on bug fixes other than (perhaps) "We know a bug exists and it will (hopefully) be fixed in a future update." I suppose you can consider their response poor customer service, but I doubt if you would like a reply of "We have no clue of the priority of this bug or where it falls on the bug list" All they can do is log the bug and the developers will rank the priority. Hopefully they get down to it some year.

See, now this is a question they cannot answer. They have no information on bug fixes other than (perhaps) "We know a bug exists and it will (hopefully) be fixed in a future update." I suppose you can consider their response poor customer service, but I doubt if you would like a reply of "We have no clue of the priority of this bug or where it falls on the bug list" All they can do is log the bug and the developers will rank the priority. Hopefully they get down to it some year.

i have replay then and also give then 2 theads links from the forum that the comunnety has make about when will the developers fix the bugs theads.

i got a replay back from customer service with a link to the developer tracker section.

i have ask then nice about that we get sick about the bugs in the game and that we also more get sick about the bad promice there make on the forum about fixing then what for exemple Eric has done with the taris bonus series on rep side has done.

i told also that most off the comunnety wane see that the bug's we report get acknowledge by then that we know there know it.