Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Rabbitfoot
02.01.2012 , 02:29 AM | #381
Why do you care so much about your 'friend's opinion? ;-)

Anywys, yea the abilities are definately working differently.

MrLeee
02.01.2012 , 03:09 AM | #382
I just started my Trooper and my main is a BH.

I cannot believe how broken Mortar Volly is!! It takes me 3.5 secs before it casts THEN fires. When the bounty hunters ability is nothing like this!

To all of you who have posted here, make sure you /bug it (and the other abilities not working correctly).

Crazy how BioWare has not fixed this yet!!!
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Chronican
02.01.2012 , 03:38 AM | #383
It's very sad to have my first pick class to be so broken. Commandos, having more stay-in-place abilities than Vanguard's, have it pretty hard dealing with this. Game has been out for how long, and having a mirrored class that works just fine?

If this is intentional... please, Bioware/Lucas/EA... let us know now and we shall re-roll in peace!

P.S. Does anyone have any links to any other threads that have a dev/official response to this issue? Much obliged!
Peace is a lie...

Somewherehiding
02.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #384
Bumping for attention

Daezihang
02.03.2012 , 01:35 PM | #385
Boiware, might you grace us with a direct response regarding these issues please? Considering what state they are in and how it is affecting our performance as a class. No other class is anywhere near as affected.

Iram
02.03.2012 , 06:25 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by Somewherehiding View Post
Bumping for attention
+1.

I leveled a Merc to 50, then several of my friends decided to join SWTOR; they rolled republic so I created a Commando. My commando's only 47, but it's noticably worse at PvP than my Merc was at the same level.

For PvE it doesn't matter. For PvP, it hurts.

Daezihang
02.03.2012 , 06:32 PM | #387
It can hurt in PvE also; think if you have 4 weak mobs around your companion, and you need to dispense with them quickly before he dies. What could happen in this instance is your companion will die before you can kill them.

But yes I concede it is a more hideous problem in PvP.

Tarveck
02.03.2012 , 10:10 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Electroflux View Post
Can you please stop posting nonsense? Full Auto even says itself is a channeled spell, therefore it is a channeled spell. There is no disputing that and you're only making yourself look foolish.

I agree, the delay on these abilities are extremely annoying and unnecessary.
Troopers do not use spells. Take your fantasy elsewhere.

DaForceOfCourse
02.03.2012 , 10:20 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Potfish View Post
Greetings,

The problem with these two abilities is their cast times. The Trooper spends so much time going through a casting animation instead of actually using the abilities whereas the Bounty Hunter does not.

For example, Mortar Volley is supposed to launch three shells over three seconds. Instead, the Trooper spends the first two seconds going through an animation and the final second launching two shells. The third shell launches after the channel time has already expired. The Bounty Hunter does not have this problem, so obviously he has an advantage especially in PvP because enemies have an additional 2-3 seconds to move from Mortar Volley as opposed to Death from Above.

In addition, Full Auto will only deal damage twice (as opposed to three times) if the Trooper suffers from pushback. This would be fine except the Bounty Hunter's Unload is not vulnerable to pushback and will always deal its full damage. Full Auto must also be channeled for at least 1.4 seconds before it begins doing any damage, whilst Unload must only be channeled for at least .8 seconds.

Potfish/Turtlemilk
BioWare needs to step up their damn game, and actually pay attention to whats going on in these forums. Im sure they've caught **** from a lot of people already. I'd like to know what they are planning to do about these broken abilities. DPS is hard enough as Vanguard already without the ability delay adding to the problem.
- For those that remain, there is but one choice... We must fight! To VICTORY or DEATH! ... FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

Kotavo / Commando / The Harbinger

shadowAI
02.04.2012 , 12:18 AM | #390
I now do warzones every day on both a commando and powertech.

3-5 enemies at specific point
use death from above. they all start moving out, but still take 1-2 ticks of damage.
use mortar. they all move out and take 0 ticks of damage.

5 players capping node in civil. If any are pass the half point volley is not going to stop it. death will.

I miss spamming grav round, but at same time play less and less with my commando.