Imps

Qini

roam around in smaller grps, stop camp objects, spread out in diffrent Ilums, loads of stuff that u can do IF U JUST want to do it.

If only there was any sort of justification to any of your suggestions. There no reason to be in Ilum at all right now outside of the daily/weekly. That means camp the center or camp pubes.

Imps don't like it either, but there just isn't any other better option. I can't imagine how much it must suck trying to finish your objectives there.

If it makes you feel any better I donated a few deaths going 1v2 a few times just for sport the other night.

lol i agree with most people, what are u gonna do its the population control problem not the imps themselves.

that being said the imp on my servers are a bunch of wussy men they'll have like 50 people and we'll have 20 and they'll wait for us to atk them.

its like really? u have over twice our people and u still want the advantagoues condition.

While theres nothing to be done but fix population control the imp need to learn

" hey we out number then 3 to 1 mabey we can atk them"

last night was actually different we were northwest of there base on a bridge we had 30 on one side they had 30 on the other and it was quite comical seeing one group take the bridge with players running up and knocking off large numbers of players. At one point they had us pushed pretty far back, it was my best ilum experience to date and i hope it keeps happening.

but this was the day the weeklies reset so im sure ill have my hopes crushed

Edited by Paralassa
content

Imperials destroy the pvp in this game. All they do is zerging, camping. They dont even want to play fair fights.

The root of the problem is that there are too many Imperials and not enough Republics.

As long as they have the numbers, nothing is going to change.

How then do you get the factions better balanced? Well, there are multiple threads concerning this topic and hundreds of ideas.

No, you can't get people to start playing Republic. You can however offer faction changes and incentives to faction change. You can offer incentives to new players to choose Republic. You can improve the horrid graphics/aesthetics the Republics get stuck with. You can improve the ugly ships the Republics get stuck with. You can improve the ability descrepencies between mirrored classes. The list goes on and on and on.

Now the real question, will BW do anything about it before they start losing more customers? I have 4 days left myself. I'll gladly come back if these issues get addressed.

To finish, anyone that argues against balancing is probably an Imperial, happily doing their flashpoints, premade PVP team, owning Ilum, better working abilities, and all the other perks that go with having an extremely higher population than the opposing team. They'll whine and scream and say you're wrong, call you a whiner and everything else you can dream of. All that does is prove that we, the Republic loving members of the community, are correct: this game is biased in favor of the Imperials in more aspects than I care to type out.

lol i agree with most people, what are u gonna do its the population control problem not the imps themselves.

that being said the imp on my servers are a bunch of wussy men they'll have like 50 people and we'll have 20 and they'll wait for us to atk them.

its like really? u have over twice our people and u still want the advantagoues condition.

While theres nothing to be done but fix population control the imp need to learn

" hey we out number then 3 to 1 mabey we can atk them"

If we wait for you to attack, we get 200% bonus valor for defending.

Imperials destroy the pvp in this game. All they do is zerging, camping. They dont even want to play fair fights.

currently being camped by about 50 reps on ilum atm. Therefore by your logic Reps ruin pvp. and considering you guys only play when your winning i think you have no right to make stupid comments

How about, if your side is grossly outnumbered by the other faction, just dont go to Illum. While it sucks that world pvp is pretty much required there for any reward, you can do as they do and send your bored 50s to farm their lowbie questers elsewhere.

If we wait for you to attack, we get 200% bonus valor for defending.

yes but the the problem is where is the logic in atking someone who has 3 times more people then you?

this mind set befalls my server much. It results in 10-20 minute intervals of not even getting kills. and when you do its not a fight its just 1 or 2 dummies getting caught.

both sides are loooking for advantages but sithies ON MY SERVER (idk bout urs)

only fight when they have rediculous advantage. if they arnt 5 to 1 they dont atk.

im sorry is having 4x the people still not enough to fight aww thats cute

once again the lower populated side starting the fights is very illogical, as is the side with way more people going.

WE NEED TO FIND A GREATER ADVANTAGE BECAUSE WE CANT WIN THIS WAY

duurrrr

once again this isnt directed at u, its what ive experienced on my server of mandalore the indomitable

what would you suggest we do? wait a couple hours for you to gather enough players for an even fight? we have dailies to complete and lives to get on with. cry more.

i dunno fight for once? i always challenge imps baiting in central, but 99% of the time they are too chicken **** to come out and fight 1v1 for kill credit, they would much rather call for help and zerg or camp an arms spawn.....

its pathetic to be honest, imperials : "oh hey im gonna login today to not pvp, i just wanna tag targets for kills instead of challenge people for the kills....."

the real issue is armament spawns, they should spread them out everywhere to promote people running off solo to find em, allowing for more 1v1's and 1v2's instead of zergfest, maybe even allow an armament to count as 10 kills if you loot it within 30 seconds of defeating an opponent and also not being grouped or having an ally within 300 yards

Edited by Vegathegreat

It sounds like your idea of "PvP in this game" is Ilum. Try queueing up as a premade for a warzone, you'll enjoy winning most of your games if you aren't terrible.
I wouldn't call that "enjoyment" so much. The few times I find myself PvPing anymore, I run as a DPS Guardian with a Sage Healer, and two DPS. We're all fairly geared PvP-wise. Our matches are usually:

1. A one-sided curb stomp (especially if Huttball comes up) which almost always does not count for our daily because (I assume based upon dev comments) that the OpFor had the first player in the WZ leave.

2. An 8 vs 11-14 match we do well in as a group, but cannot accomplish objectives because we're matched man-for-man with 3+ Imps left-over to stall us. I've been on the opposite side of this once and I can't say it was fun smashing the other team because there's zero skill involved.

3. An actual good match against another premade or geared and competent pug team, that results in either a narrow win or narrow loss.

Number 3 is actually exceedingly rare and accounts for maybe 10% of the games I play.

Ilum is a craps shoot. There's either just enough players to get a decent mix of roles to push back the Imps, cap objectives, and get dailies done or it's a ghost town of 8 Reps vs 20+ imps. If I luck into a good day on Ilum, I have about 15-20 minutes to get my daily done before the Imps figure out there's fun to be had on Ilum and 2 full OPs group show up to make kills near impossible.

Once Ilum 1 fills, every rep that leaves the Ops group narrows our chance for reinforcements considerably. Maybe it was buggy, but I remember one day where our group thinned to ~10 members and players still couldn't get into Ilum (1). There was literally a sea of red nameplates and AOEs outside both side of our base. If the 100 player cap is correct and was working correctly, we were outnumbered 9 to 1.

None of this is the Imperial faction's fault (with the possible exception of the imbalanced WZ numbers. From my reading, it's almost certainly an intentional exploit of the system). But something needs to be done either way. PvP is a grind in this game and not just in the sense of dailies/valor.

i dunno fight for once? i always challenge imps baiting in central, but 99% of the time they are too chicken **** to come out and fight 1v1 for kill credit, they would much rather call for help and zerg or camp an arms spawn.....

its pathetic to be honest, imperials : "oh hey im gonna login today to not pvp, i just wanna tag targets for kills instead of challenge people for the kills....."

the real issue is armament spawns, they should spread them out everywhere to promote people running off solo to find em, allowing for more 1v1's and 1v2's instead of zergfest, maybe even allow an armament to count as 10 kills if you loot it within 30 seconds of defeating an opponent and also not being grouped or having an ally within 300 yards

Yea agree