Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When romancable companions are first reintroduced, they are customizationless?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When romancable companions are first reintroduced, they are customizationless?

Axcalion
05.12.2016 , 12:19 PM | #1
I'm sorry for asking this, but I would like to know this. I haven't romanced either Kaliyo, Vette or Aric yet on any of my characters. But I would like to know if:
-If you had a customization on them, is this not remembered initially when they return?
-As soon as they "join" you (I mean you can summon them or they appear as your companion in-game), can you put a customization on them?
-Are there romantic actions in scenes before they rejoin you as companion (meaning they are not yet summonable).

The reason I ask this is because I romanced several other companion characters. My Jedi Sage for example romanced Iresso (with a customization which turns him into an ok-looking Caucasian guy), she likes this Iresso, not dark brown Iresso with weird hair. So when he returns this means my customization is not taken into account and just handwaved? If this is so, this is extremely disappointing and I will have to dump him on the spot if he shows up as an dark brown guy. Same with Kira for my Knight and Mako for my Bounty Hunter .

Anybody knows something about this?

MACharlieV
05.12.2016 , 12:44 PM | #2
Oooh boy. So many things wrong...did you really have to add that you didn't want a "brown guy"?

But...to answer your question. Companions all appear as default when they show up in the chapters. The moment you get them as a companion on you can add the customization. Its been pretty inconsistent if they continue to show up the way you dress them up in cut scenes but in the most recent chapter they do.

Cedia
05.12.2016 , 01:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MACharlieV View Post
Oooh boy. So many things wrong...did you really have to add that you didn't want a "brown guy"?

But...to answer your question. Companions all appear as default when they show up in the chapters. The moment you get them as a companion on you can add the customization. Its been pretty inconsistent if they continue to show up the way you dress them up in cut scenes but in the most recent chapter they do.
I find this very disappointing. If they can make custom outfits show up, why not custom faces?

And for the record, I like my Torian brown instead of blonde and blue-eyed, even though I'm a fishbelly white blonde myself.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

MACharlieV
05.12.2016 , 01:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
I find this very disappointing. If they can make custom outfits show up, why not custom faces?

And for the record, I like my Torian brown instead of blonde and blue-eyed, even though I'm a fishbelly white blonde myself.
They do show up. After you equip them. When you reach the companions in the new chapters they are totally fresh without any meddling on your part apart from influence. The moment you get them, you can change them.

If the custom outfit is showing up, then so is the face. There are instances however where they'll default to the default face and outfit though. The recent chapter had my Kalyio show up in her customized face and outfit.

Cedia
05.12.2016 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MACharlieV View Post
They do show up. After you equip them. When you reach the companions in the new chapters they are totally fresh without any meddling on your part apart from influence. The moment you get them, you can change them.

If the custom outfit is showing up, then so is the face. There are instances however where they'll default to the default face and outfit though. The recent chapter had my Kalyio show up in her customized face and outfit.
Okay, I'm not understanding. When they first show up, they are always default face and clothes? Or did your Kaliyo first show up with customized face and clothes?
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

MACharlieV
05.12.2016 , 01:12 PM | #6
Okay, I'm not understanding. When they first show up, they are always default face and clothes? Or did your Kaliyo first show up with customized face and clothes?
When they FIRST show up. After you have access to inventory you can change it. Whether or not the customization (both face and outfit) shows up in cut scenes has been inconsistent.

ImmortalLowlife
05.12.2016 , 01:19 PM | #7
When my warrior found Vette again in KotFE, she had the red/black striped customization already equipped, and the outfit she was wearing b4 I started appeared in my inventory. Hope that helps....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Axcalion
05.12.2016 , 04:12 PM | #8
Quote:
.did you really have to add that you didn't want a "brown guy"?
Yes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with prefering certain qualilities or looks, it's called personal preference.
My Jedi Sage prefers guys who are not too brown, she doesn't like aliens either. How can such a thing be discriminatory?

Gwena
05.12.2016 , 05:20 PM | #9
The very first time my Agent met Kaliyo in chapter 10, she was indeed wearing the customization I had given her pre-KotFE. I thought that was a nice touch. I'm not a big fan of Kaliyo, but having her look the way she had looked since around level 12 instead of how she looked for like 15 minutes on Hutta really made the reunion more meaningful.

I hope it works like this for other companions too. I'm sure they have it planned that way, I mean I just hope it doesn't get bugged.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Axcalion
05.12.2016 , 05:21 PM | #10
Quote:
The very first time my Agent met Kaliyo in chapter 10, she was indeed wearing the customization I had given her pre-KotFE. I thought that was a nice touch. I'm not a big fan of Kaliyo, but having her look the way she had looked since around level 12 instead of how she looked for like 15 minutes on Hutta really made the reunion more meaningful.
If this is true, I am very satisfied.