Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Interview with Charles Boyd.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Interview with Charles Boyd.

DarthWoad
05.12.2016 , 06:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mihlus View Post
Either they truly have their heads up their asses and think of themselves as great, or they just are straight-out lying and don't give a single crap about the people they supposedly make it for.
So basically this? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=880070
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

AlienEyeTX
05.12.2016 , 06:21 AM | #12
Well, I guess we know where OP stands on KOTFE.

But, plenty of people really DO enjoy this style of content and release schedule. Count me among them.

And there HAS been plenty of discussion about our choices and when we'll really start to see the differences they make.

And, yes, people DO complain about Alliance companions, but I think he was referring more to the original companions from the main story. Not the fluff companions that are pointless to recruit (or are they?).

So... thanks OP. We get it. You don't like the game. Not sure why you play a game you don't like, but that's not really any of my business. I am, however, disappointed that you would come on here and just make stuff up and over-generalize about what your fellow players do and don't like.

You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Codedrago
05.12.2016 , 06:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post

But, plenty of people really DO enjoy this style of content and release schedule. Count me among them.

And there HAS been plenty of discussion about our choices and when we'll really start to see the differences they make.

And, yes, people DO complain about Alliance companions, but I think he was referring more to the original companions from the main story. Not the fluff companions that are pointless to recruit (or are they?).

So... thanks OP. We get it. You don't like the game. Not sure why you play a game you don't like, but that's not really any of my business. I am, however, disappointed that you would come on here and just make stuff up and over-generalize about what your fellow players do and don't like.

I agree, the only problem I have with it is the scale in which Charles seems to think of it. I know it's probably just all marketing talk, but he talks like there are no negative posts on the fourms.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

peter_plankskull
05.12.2016 , 06:28 AM | #14

He states in his second post KOTFE isn't all that bad... and he's focusing more on How Charles is phrasing it like KOTFE is the godsend we all been waiting for, not however if KOTFE is good or bad despite my derailing.

Tsetso
05.12.2016 , 06:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Pretty much yes. The interview is shorter but basically repeats the letter. I don't think they really think that way - it's just marketing bs.

AlienEyeTX
05.12.2016 , 06:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
I agree, the only problem I have with it is the scale in which Charles seems to think of it. I know it's probably just all marketing talk, but he talks like there are no negative posts on the fourms.
Well, yeah... when you talk about your product, you generally don't want to paint it in a negative light. The only time you'd bring that up is if the product were a complete disaster and you were explaining what you have done/are doing to fix it.

That's not just marketing, that's common business sense.

I'm pretty sure that if I gave an interview and I brought up the complaints about my company's product, I'd be fired. Good business people know how to talk around those things. And always keep the focus on the positive.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Tsetso
05.12.2016 , 06:40 AM | #17
Actually i just read another one where he directly states that EC was supposed to prepare players for ops:
Quote:
MMORPG: What can you share about your plans for future non-story content? Many players in the game have been looking forward to new Operations for some time now.

CB: We’re constantly exploring different types of experiences to include in our updates – the Eternal Championship is one great example that’s going live alongside Chapter 13 this month. There’s definitely a story around it, but the real goal of that area it is to introduce players to some of the game’s more challenging gameplay mechanics and encounters to ease them into more high-level encounters like you mentioned. We’ve definitely heard our players’ requests for more of this type of gameplay and while we don’t have anything specific to announce right now, we’re taking those requests to heart as we develop for the future!

gabigool
05.12.2016 , 06:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Actually i just read another one where he directly states that EC was supposed to prepare players for ops:
Boyd is the guy that used to join Musco on the now-defunct story-streams? I guess it makes sense. He struck me as someone who seemed very personally invested into KotFE so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he truly believes all that.

But yeah, I would say that it is not a very objective interview.

I found the second quote (above) to be cause for guarded optimism. I simply wish there was a more direct acknowledgement vs. us having to interpret an offhand line from an interview.

Max_Killjoy
05.12.2016 , 07:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
I wouldn't say KOTFE is flat out terrible, as im sure the people enjoying it are playing it, but on the forums people naturally come to voice their thoughts, which at times normally negative. Almost all the forums like this, and this is no exception for KOTFE and its fine, but he shouldn't flat out lie and say its welcomed here with praise.

EDIT- Read the article completely now and found dem skewed metrics.

Of course when you only give players a single option its going to seem like they enjoy it. It's like I only let people play the trooper class and then state "Well... everyone plays the trooper class... so everyone must enjoy it." Theirs no other choice to see if people like operations, GSF, or more strongholds because they haven't provided any!
#Stoppedtheskewedmetrics!

I'm not saying that no one can like KotFE, just reacting in total surprise.

I'm just completely flabbergasted that someone could read these forums and think that it's been broadly loved and widely well-received.

merovejec
05.12.2016 , 07:11 AM | #20
Well, yeah... when you talk about your product, you generally don't want to paint it in a negative light. The only time you'd bring that up is if the product were a complete disaster and you were explaining what you have done/are doing to fix it.

That's not just marketing, that's common business sense.

I'm pretty sure that if I gave an interview and I brought up the complaints about my company's product, I'd be fired. Good business people know how to talk around those things. And always keep the focus on the positive.
When talking about your product it its even more authentic when you actually admit some difficulties, they the audience can see that you are being honest. Talking only good makes it look like typical American non-sense.

It would look better if he would say that there are up and downs, or that the community is devided etc. Something that would indicate that this isnt just pure promotion, but serious analysis of data they have.