Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The State of Endgame.

RikuvonDrake
05.12.2016 , 08:57 AM | #141
imo a indicator of a healthy and growing game is to have proper end game group content for larger groups of people, ie. raids, I doubt anyone is asking for like four per year, but one would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by marekdusek View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortio View Post
StarParse is a violation of the EULA/TOS. And I don't need it. I can play games without some not allowed Software telling me what to do. Might surprise you, but some players actually do have skill.
Hey, I will quote myself from a recent reply to your similar assesment posted in another thread regarding StarParse and its compliance with TOS:

Quote: Originally Posted by marekdusek View Post
Hey there, just to clarify: StarParse is definitely NOT in any TOS violation as it does not interact with the game and does process only data provided by the game for the sole purpose of parsing. I personaly checked its compliance with a Bioware rep, you can do it too if my humble word is not enough :-)
(see my full reply here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=193)

I respect your decision about (not) using 3rd party tools to craft your own gtaming experience, however, please refrain from presenting your personal statements about its legal (non)compliance as hard facts (as it is objectively not true).

Anyways, enjoy your own SWTOR (parsing or not parsing, whatever you fancy :-)
Kortio got rekt by Ixale xD

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

PennyAnn
05.12.2016 , 04:15 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
I love your posts they always get right to the crux of the matter.

I believe swtor - whether intentionally or not - used to be a uniquely fulfilling raiding experience.

Team size, SM/HM/NM, no attunement, interesting mechanics....

You could have one or two nights a week where you spent 2 hours with a few friends and actually make some progress. It was nothing like my older days of WoW and nothing like W*. You could raid casually at any difficulty level. Yes, including NM.

It was perfect. And more or less, spotty QA aside, I loved the encounters. I tried going back to WoW. Hated it. I began downloading FF. Stopped because I realize I love this game too much to switch while there is still some life left in it.

But nearly everyone in this part of the community is gone. I've recently begun running a team of 9 players with a rotation since it's literally impossible to find people to sub in for NM when someone needs a night off.

I guess my frustration comes from reading post after post of people describing the raiding community as toxic/elitist/exclusionary.... when my personal experience is that the best part of my online gaming life which began back with Q2 and EQ1 has been endgame here. The community here was fantastic. The forums are far more toxic.

And, IMO what little of the community that is left is just as helpful/enabling/generous with their time as ever.

I just see it as strange, knowing this community, why everyone is in such a rush to see the rest of us go.
You and I quite often see eye to eye. Thank you for continuing in that vein with this post as well. I was there and loved every minute of it, too. It was a fantastic time and the best raiding in any MMO that I've played (and I've played a LOT of them!). Unfortunately, if people weren't in that community or in the game at that point in time, they don't understand what we are pining for... and don't know what they are missing. It's another part of the vicious circle... don't make new operations so people don't know they'd love operations if only Bioware would do a new one once in awhile. Self-fulfilling prophecy style "metrics".

What server are you on, by chance?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

PennyAnn
05.12.2016 , 04:25 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Sorry for snipping your post, I didn't want to take up more room on the page than I already am. ...return snip!
I should probably do people's page loading times the courtesy of snipping more often myself, so no harm done.

I always hate to see people that loved the part of the game that I loved leave, as it's just another nail in the coffin. Best wishes to you in whatever comes next!

PennyAnn
05.12.2016 , 04:34 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
No, I don't, Rivan. I didn't take you for one of those who would gleefully blort "I told you so".

Where we do disagree is coming into an MMO written by a studio who is known for their story based games and expecting what, for lack of better terms, I'll call a "standard MMO". It wasn't going to be that way, never meant to be that way. Yes, it's an MMO but it's a different one.

I have absolutely NO problem with it being a story-based MMO. In fact, I quite like that aspect. Makes a change from all the other "standard" MMOs. It's BW.

Not sure why you took my "I'm really getting bored with the same people trying to fob off the same BS" as aimed at you. It was not. It was aimed at those who make sweeping statements, expect everyone to believe their opinion is fact and get right shirty if people don't.
But it WAS going to be that way. It was absolutely that way, in fact... for the first 3 years of its life. You all act like we want something we can't have... but we've had it! We had it for the first more than half of the game's life. All we're asking is to have that BACK.

And one of the reasons we loved it is so precisely because it was more story focused. We get that people love story! Guess what? We loved it too! It was the thing that immersed us and tied us into the other parts of the game. I paraphrase what KBN famously said here, but story is FLAVOR. It gives flavor to the content. If it is enough for you, then you should be playing single player games that give you much better story for much, much, much cheaper! We want what we used to have in SWTOR... and that includes GROUP content. With both of those things? SWTOR is the end-all, be-all. If only...

gabigool
05.12.2016 , 11:01 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
What server are you on, by chance?
Mainly Shadowlands, although I'm on a Fri/Sat team on Harbinger.