new CONQUEST bug/exploit ? or working-as-intended ?

Nee-Elder

Devs: Is it intended to allow the mega-guilds to NOT 'invade' for 5 days (and apparently still accumulate Conquest points) and then at the 11th hour (literally) ninja-invade a planet (on 'Guild Invasions' tab) and then bam they automatically have over 1.5 million points? (which happens to be at least 500k more than the previously current leading #1 listed guild )

Seems like an EXPLOIT , no?

Plus, iirc, isn't there supposed to be some type of 3-days-to-invade requirement window?

Otherwise, despite the recent change of allowing for more invadable planets (to supposedly help the smaller guilds) it still lets the mega-guilds just silently & sneakily rack up their points without any known competition (how is the #1 guild supposed to know how many points they need to stay at the top? ) .

Edited by Nee-Elder

It has been reported earlier (couple of weeks back) by Khaleg already. Lame tactics for sure.

Right right, but is it a BUG? Or just an oversight?

Or just an exploit-ish type thing we have to put up with?

I noticed this week's conquest was changed back to the previous '3 planets' only to invade.(as opposed to last's week's 20 available 'planets' ) Does that mean it was an unintended bug/exploit ?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

This issue isn't a bug, but we definitely agree something needs to be adjusted to stop that behavior. Our current plan is that in 5.9.2 we will move the commit timing forward by 24 hours to see if this helps address the issue. We will look at more control methods in the future if needed.

-eric

Right right, but is it a BUG? Or just an oversight?

Or just an exploit-ish type thing we have to put up with?

I noticed this week's conquest was changed back to the previous '3 planets' only to invade.(as opposed to last's week's 20 available 'planets' ) Does that mean it was an unintended bug/exploit ?

there were more planets last week since it was Galactic War.

In the old UI, there was a timer so GMs/officers knew how much time they had to invade a planet, before invading was disabled. And with the old UI, it made sense to invade a planet early because of the planetary bonuses (you'd get 2x or 3x points for some objectives).

But now in the new UI, the timer is missing (so I'm not even sure if there is a timer anymore, but we never tested it).

Also, it doesn't make sense to invade early. The only reason to invade early is so you can see your guild's score (otherwise, you'd have to manually add up all points in the guild window).

There really needs to be a strong motivation for guilds to invade the planet early, within 24-48 hours. There's no reason to give guilds any more leeway in invading a planet. If a guild can't have a player online on Tuesday or Wednesday to invade a planet, it should not be allowed to win the first place anyway.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

This issue isn't a bug, but we definitely agree something needs to be adjusted to stop that behavior. Our current plan is that in 5.9.2 we will move the commit timing forward by 24 hours to see if this helps address the issue. We will look at more control methods in the future if needed.

-eric

Or you guys could bring back bonuses for committing to planets. Halve the original values, and then double them all as soon as a planet is committed (this would have to be thought about a lot, because obviously only officers can commit to planets, so folks playing before an officer logs in get screwed). Maybe make it so any points gained in the first 24 hours also get doubled once a planet is committed?

Or you guys could bring back bonuses for committing to planets. Halve the original values, and then double them all as soon as a planet is committed (this would have to be thought about a lot, because obviously only officers can commit to planets, so folks playing before an officer logs in get screwed). Maybe make it so any points gained in the first 24 hours also get doubled once a planet is committed?

I tend to agree with LordTurin. I'm the one in our guild who commits the planets every Tuesday at 11:00 am PST. However, our guild has players from all different time zones so some do log in earlier than that so it makes sense that the ones who start earlier due to time zones before mine.

Hey folks,

-eric

24 hours is not enough Eric. I think that's pretty obvious without the need to "test" it.

That would still mean Saturday night or even Sunday evening CET (we are unsure if the last moment to commit atm is Sunday night CET or even 1 minute before the event ends on Monday). It's for sure possible until Sunday night CET. 24 hours mean nothing then in order to create a fair competition

It used to be Friday evening CET I believe before the conquest changes and that is the absolute maximum to guarantee a fair competetion imho.

BUT back then it was not even an issue because guilds had to choose a planet anyway asap to benefit from the planetary bonuses for certain objectives after selecting a planet.

That mechanic is gone nowadays with the conquest changes and I would say Thursday evening CET should be the maximum deadline for a commitment today. Otherwise the whole guild competition is borked from start and not fair, and would support a total lack of sportsmanship like a few guilds show it today.

Edited by Khaleg

Devs: Is it intended to allow the mega-guilds to NOT 'invade' for 5 days (and apparently still accumulate Conquest points) and then at the 11th hour (literally) ninja-invade a planet (on 'Guild Invasions' tab) and then bam they automatically have over 1.5 million points? (which happens to be at least 500k more than the previously current leading #1 listed guild )

Seems like an EXPLOIT , no?

Plus, iirc, isn't there supposed to be some type of 3-days-to-invade requirement window?

Otherwise, despite the recent change of allowing for more invadable planets (to supposedly help the smaller guilds) it still lets the mega-guilds just silently & sneakily rack up their points without any known competition (how is the #1 guild supposed to know how many points they need to stay at the top? ) .

Funny enough, at least on Tulak Hord, this lame tactic based on a pathetic attitude is ONLY used by small guilds to f... with other small guilds. None of the top 5 guilds including mine on Tulak Hord uses this pathetic move. Basically only two guilds total are using it on our server afaik. I would like to name and shame them but it's unfortunately not allwed lol. I already got a warning for it when I initially reported this exploit weeks ago. :-)

Of course they already tried to f.. with us too but they failed miserably since we could defeat the try, fight back and turn it around again in a last minute effort, two times already.

Last week, after we saw that, we even successfully helped a smaller guild which was a victim of this lame move by some obviously pitiful guild leaders from "guild X" :-) by moving chars to that guild and helping them to still end up in 1st place after suddenly being in second place due to a guild coming out of nowhere Sunday night CET. They were very happy we did that and helped them. :-)

Edited by Khaleg

The 20 planet thing last week was just one of the possible conquest events (they used to exist even before the conquest changes) and had nothing to do with a general change.

Hey folks,

-eric

Pre-accumulating points should be forbidden, imho.

Good god, get better at conquesting!

If you aren't aware of which guilds have the potential to score large points, you aren't paying any attention to conquest.

So basically the complaint here is that you thought you were winning but found out you weren't because you weren't keeping track of who invaded what...

As for smaller guilds, you aren't guaranteed wins, just rewards for conquest.

If you aren't aware of which guilds have the potential to score large points, you aren't paying any attention to conquest.

So basically the complaint here is that you thought you were winning but found out you weren't because you weren't keeping track of who invaded what...

As for smaller guilds, you aren't guaranteed wins, just rewards for conquest.

Since you obviously have basic problems to even understand the issue I suggest you to go back to the start and try again lol.

Bad troll, get better at READING!

If you aren't aware of which issue has the potential to be addressed, you aren't paying any attention to the thread.

p.s. Our small guild is doing just fine thx: https://i.imgur.com/fFJShWs.jpg :D

-----------------------

Pre-accumulating points should be forbidden, imho.

Agreed. Exploit is exploit.

----

The 20 planet thing last week was just one of the possible conquest events (they used to exist even before the conquest changes) and had nothing to do with a general change.

ahh ok, thanks, didn't realize that and personally i sorta wish it was like that every week , since there are tons & tons of planet areas that never have any "guild controlling" them

----

In the old UI, there was a timer so GMs/officers knew how much time they had to invade a planet, before invading was disabled. And with the old UI, it made sense to invade a planet early because of the planetary bonuses (you'd get 2x or 3x points for some objectives).

But now in the new UI, the timer is missing (so I'm not even sure if there is a timer anymore, but we never tested it).

Also, it doesn't make sense to invade early. The only reason to invade early is so you can see your guild's score (otherwise, you'd have to manually add up all points in the guild window).

There really needs to be a strong motivation for guilds to invade the planet early, within 24-48 hours. There's no reason to give mega-large-guilds any more leeway in invading a planet. .

Excellent post! ^

-------

Hey folks,

This issue isn't a bug, but we definitely agree something needs to be adjusted to stop that behavior.

. We will look at more control methods in the future if needed.

-eric

Awesome, hope so Eric yeah ...and thanks again for posting about it! /tiphat

Funny enough, at least on Tulak Hord, this lame tactic based on a pathetic attitude is ONLY used by small guilds to f... with other small guilds. None of the top 5 guilds including mine on Tulak Hord uses this pathetic move. Basically only two guilds total are using it on our server afaik. I would like to name and shame them but it's unfortunately not allwed lol. I already got a warning for it when I initially reported this exploit weeks ago. :-)

Of course they already tried to f.. with us too but they failed miserably since we could defeat the try, fight back and turn it around again in a last minute effort, two times already.

Last week, after we saw that, we even successfully helped a smaller guild which was a victim of this lame move by some obviously pitiful guild leaders from "guild X" :-) by moving chars to that guild and helping them to still end up in 1st place after suddenly being in second place due to a guild coming out of nowhere Sunday night CET. They were very happy we did that and helped them. :-)

That was a good tactic! And I bow to your guild as a sign of respect. This is the kind of attitude that should predominate in the game...

They also need to start conquest again at daily reset. Right now you can't do anything that might complete a weekly mission between reset and conquest start on Tuesday, because you might lose the chance for an one-time 7500 points objective.