Was Palpatine ever approached by the Jedi?

Silvaro

I am about to buy the new Star Wars Book Darth Plagueis and did a little research on Wookieepedia to discovery the Palpatine may not have be approached by the Jedi Order to become a Jedi. I find this kind of odd the Palpatine being force-sensitive wouldn't have been brought the the Jedi Temple at a young age to be trained as a Jedi. I am hoping the book might shed some light on this but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on this.

I am about to buy the new Star Wars Book Darth Plagueis and did a little research on Wookieepedia to discovery the Palpatine may not have be approached by the Jedi Order to become a Jedi. I find this kind of odd the Palpatine being force-sensitive wouldn't have been brought the the Jedi Temple at a young age to be trained as a Jedi. I am hoping the book might shed some light on this but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on this.

He sure was approached by the Jedi. Four of them. One of them wielded a lightsabre that had "BAMF" written on the side of it.

Other than that, though, I suspect it's either a case of it being unrealistic to expect the Order to know of the existence of every single Force sensitive in the Republic, Plagueis made sure Palpatine was kept off the Order's radar screen, or Palpatine was born and raised either outside the Republic or on one of the fringe worlds where the Republic had very little influence.

Right... Plagueis found him first as a boy, I imagine like 5-7 years old at oldest and saw his strength. He then arranged to meet with him several times, building on his already growing hatred of his own family, and eventually got him to kill them in an 'accident' I think... Now, at this point I don't know what happened for sure, but I think it would not be so far fetched if he disappeared for a couple years (learning from Plagueis) and then showed up again, got his position and started climbing towards supreme chancellor...

At the point where he shows back up he would be too old to test, at the point he disappeared he would be too young... But this is all my interpretation of movies/books/internet stuff that I have been exposed to, and do not know for sure how it really played out, but if I had to guess...

Remeber age is a huge thing to the jedi order. They dont look for teenage and young adult jedi by that time they are too free in thinking and too much of a risk to be turned to the darkside IE Vader.

Sith didnt care young old if there was a force power to be gained they tried.

Palpatine did not killed his family by accident. He enjoyed murdering them specially his father. He was easy to find for Plagueis because it was a rarity to run into a strong force sensitive being that was not a Jedi. Palpatine killed his family using the force without any knowledge of the Dark Side. Edited by Jurakan

It is also possible that the Jedi cannot test every single birth, and would make sense to a point as well...

We know that the "force" (midichlorians) are passed down genetically for the most part. If the Jedi never caught someone being a force user (therefore never trained them) then they would grow up, have kids, and those kids could possibly be tested as well, if not, repeat cycle... Given a couple thousand Jedi, and literally millions of planets... I'm pretty sure they didn't test every single baby.

Also, according to what I have read, the reason the dark side corrupts a person, is because the knowingly commit acts that lead to the dark side. If that were not true, the good Jedi would have been wiped out a long long time ago when the "Jedi Order" had not yet been created, and the Jedi Code was just a thought, not a training...

Also, this is the reason why, in the game, the Jedi Masters who get saved by the Consular are not doomed to the dark side of the force, nor would I expect they received any dark side at all... They didn't knowingly commit any evil acts, it was the plague.

So, I think there are probably hundreds of thousands of potential Jedi/Sith out there, that no one knows about at all...

My question is why, when they were told that the Senate was under the power of the Sith Lord, did they not just mandate every member of the congress submit to a midichlorian scan... hmmm

The Dark Side found him before the Jedi. And then Plageuis found him.

My question is why, when they were told that the Senate was under the power of the Sith Lord, did they not just mandate every member of the congress submit to a midichlorian scan... hmmm

Profiling much?

"Hey, you. . . you have a physiological difference from anyone else, you must be a traitor!"

Profiling much?

"Hey, you. . . you have a physiological difference from anyone else, you must be a traitor!"

How is that profiling? lol...

It's no different than in Star Trek, having to cut themselves to prove they weren't changelings... If everyone in the senate goes through the test, they can go, "WOW!!!! WTH?!? I have NEVER seen someone with that high of a count!!" and thus know who the person is... It was already quite plainly told to us, the strength of a person is dependent upon their midichlorian count (I still disagree with the entire idea of midichlorians, but /sigh whatever, try to stick with Lucas as best as we can right?)