Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

If you don't play for juggernaut - leave, please.

Explain to me what's wrong with it?

The 2piece is mediocre, but it adds a nice 2% damage increase once in a while.

The 4piece adds a nice rage generator for us to use at melee range, meaning you won't have to use assault anymore.

The 6piece gives you a free autocrit on one of your highest damaging insta abilities every minute, not too shabby either. It procs saber throw, which is used pretty regularly in the rotation, even if it wouldn't proc the autocrit.

All things considered, I like these set bonusses. They give a nice boost to dps, while not being too powerful. And if you really want to, you can easily get the range reduction earlier on, with the old 2piece.

Edited by AdjeYo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furious strike proc with Saber Throw is not good for rage. Requires way too much extra cooldowns to initiate in pvp while sentinels can just use zen and use it right away. Jugs still got sunder to put on.

Interesting, hadn't tought of that, maybe add charge to the ways of proccing it?

Explain to me what's wrong with it?

The 2piece is mediocre, but it adds a nice 2% damage increase once in a while.

The 4piece adds a nice rage generator for us to use at melee range, meaning you won't have to use assault anymore.

The 6piece gives you a free autocrit on one of your highest damaging insta abilities every minute, not too shabby either. It procs saber throw, which is used pretty regularly in the rotation, even if it wouldn't proc the autocrit.

All things considered, I like these set bonusses. They give a nice boost to dps, while not being too powerful. And if you really want to, you can easily get the range reduction earlier on, with the old 2piece.

Saber Throw should not be in set bonus, range of Saber throw must be 0 to 30 metres and and reduce the movement speed of affected target by 50% for 6 seconds as passive. Do you know Double Saber throw ability of Marauder? Saber throw must do the same.

Edited by Anton_RUS

Saber Throw should not be in set bonus, range of Saber throw must be 0 to 30 metres and and reduce the movement speed of affected target by 50% for 6 seconds as passive. Do you know Double Saber throw ability of Marauder? Saber throw must do the same.

ST should not be the same as dst. Dual saber throw was a qol improvement for marauders.

If you don't play for juggernaut - leave, please.

I've been playing since launch. Jugg and sentinel were my very first toons. The current set bonus is perfectly fine. I like having an auto crit knowing that I can set up a guaranteed burst. Yes it would be nice to have saber throw 0m baseline, but its not a deal breaker.

A slow for what? We already get an aoe slow, and you get a utility that lets saber throw root. It doesn't need a passive slow tied to ST.

I've been playing since launch. Jugg and sentinel were my very first toons. The current set bonus is perfectly fine. I like having an auto crit knowing that I can set up a guaranteed burst. Yes it would be nice to have saber throw 0m baseline, but its not a deal breaker.

It's a dealbreaker in PVE. The 0M set bonus was never a PVP set bonus until now, and it was wholly unnecessary, unlike PVE, where it's required for the resource management. Hence why there is an issue.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

It's a dealbreaker in PVE. The 0M set bonus was never a PVP set bonus until now, and it was wholly unnecessary, unlike PVE, where it's required for the resource management. Hence why there is an issue.

Sure, it's less than optimal to not have saber throw usable in your general rotation. But you can easily do current sm ops without it, and if you're doing hard modes, you'll want have 6piece before you start anyways. Yes it would be nice to have it baseline, but it really isn't all that necessary. DPS juggs are doing fine now, wouldn't want the set bonus to make us too powerful, because then the nerfhammer will soon follow.

Sure, it's less than optimal to not have saber throw usable in your general rotation. But you can easily do current sm ops without it, and if you're doing hard modes, you'll want have 6piece before you start anyways. Yes it would be nice to have it baseline, but it really isn't all that necessary. DPS juggs are doing fine now, wouldn't want the set bonus to make us too powerful, because then the nerfhammer will soon follow.

Uhm... We're the most immobile DPS spec in the game, and still barely above the average in damage. We could use more damage.

Also, yolo and group ranked show that the Juggernaut class in general has deficiencies especially in regards to lack of a rootbreak, and single target damage. We have perfectly adequate single target pressure, but with the resolve changes and troll HTL, yeah...

Uhm... We're the most immobile DPS spec in the game, and still barely above the average in damage. We could use more damage.

Also, yolo and group ranked show that the Juggernaut class in general has deficiencies especially in regards to lack of a rootbreak, and single target damage. We have perfectly adequate single target pressure, but with the resolve changes and troll HTL, yeah...

I tried in one of our alt runs to run the barrels the entire time in bulo hm. Granted the debuff slows you down but this is not a problem with my vanguard whose movement speeds are awesome. All guardian has is leap and you cant leap to a friendly target bc conal in bulo will hit them.

Just a great example. Guardians do not have much movement if any

Edit: Speccing into enure movement buff is pointless. Enure is on a 45 second cooldown and its cooldown cannot be reduced unlike hold the line. So we need to wait 45 seconds to use a buff that is mediocre at best.

Edited by royhenderson

I tried in one of our alt runs to run the barrels the entire time in bulo hm. Granted the debuff slows you down but this is not a problem with my vanguard whose movement speeds are awesome. All guardian has is leap and you cant leap to a friendly target bc conal in bulo will hit them.

Just a great example. Guardians do not have much movement if any

Edit: Speccing into enure movement buff is pointless. Enure is on a 45 second cooldown and its cooldown cannot be reduced unlike hold the line. So we need to wait 45 seconds to use a buff that is mediocre at best.

We have unstoppable. The rootbreak on Enure has a longer duration than HTL, and the main necessity is for it to break roots. Unstoppable when properly used prevents new ones from being applied.

Slow effect for PvP, man

My point was we dont need it. Already have an aoe slow. Can spec to make it free, can spec to add a slow to leap, can spec to make ST root. Don't really need ST to have a baseline slow and it would be a little ridiculous given the other tools you can get.

100% agree on making 0m Saber Throw baseline, not only for Vigilance/Vengeance but for tank spec as well. It is too important for resource generation and filling out the rotation for it not to be baseline.

For set bonuses to be compelling, straight damage increases are fine, but to make them interesting, I would like to see some quality of life changes to make the specs more mobile, like shorter cooldown and increased damage to stasis/choke, or some incorporation of them into the rotation. Right now they feel like sparsely used abilities that, while integral to the class "feel", are not really all that good except for CCing uninterruptable mobs and token damage when sitting outside melee range. Perhaps have them proc above 30% dispatch or reset the cooldown on saber throw?

Tank has no issues with resource so it isn't needed for Tank Spec but agreed none the less that at least in Rage and Vengeance it should be baseline.

I have to agree here tankspec juggernauts get plenty of rage, since 3.0 I don't even open with saber throw anymore, rage generation isn't an issue in immortal spec.

To balance Guardian with the other classes we need to become more mobile and do more damage. We are already have good DCD's, flat DR, and decent raid utility. We can increase movement speed of the raid (with talent), keep an enemy interrupted for a long time (force kick, awe, force stasis, force push, force leap and there CD's being reset by force push and daunting presence), grant a shield to the raid (with talent), we have Saber Reflect and we can taunt. I know that the developers don't want to increase DPS by more than 5% but considering we are not one of the higher DPS classes it may not be bad to give us a bit more. Here is what I would like to see.

-Saber Throw 0-30 m range

-An offensive CD that increases damage. Even if it is something simple or a small increase I want more to do in my rotation.

-A new set bonus that looks something like.

2 PC-Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. 30 Sec internal CD.

4 PC-Blade Storm and/or Master Strike damage increased by X%

6 PC-Master Strike decreases your movement speed by X% for it's duration. Master Strike can be channeled while moving.

The 2 and 4 PC bonuses above should increase our DPS by enough to be more competitive with other classes. Right now I switch from my 6 PC bonus to my 4 PC with old Sent 2 PC on a fight to fight basis. If I am doing it right now anyways why not make a QoL change and put it in the same set? Honestly even when level cap raises and a new gear tier comes out if the set bonuses do not change it still may be better in some fights to run 186 armorings with the old Sentinel bonus over two 216 or whatever the rating will be crappy ones. It will be what, a 1.5% DR decrease, a loss of 400 health and very little bonus damage and crit chance. It will be a DPS increase and I don't care about the 400 health and 1.5% DR loss because I am already a hard to kill DPS.

The 6 PC bonus is a bonus I want to get. It will be helpful to me and make the toon more fun to play in my opinion. If you don't want to make animation changes to the ability to fit it being used while moving that is a lazy and lame excuse not do it. I honestly do not think that this is broken considering we are a melee class and already have low mobility in our spec and utilities. I honestly didn't even feel like getting the current 6 PC set bonus. It is boring. I put it in my gear because I wanted to see if it was a DPS increase and if it was helpful in some boss fights. It is but I wasn't excited to get it. On the other hand I would be very excited to get the above bonuses.

Thank you for asking the community about the set bonuses. This shows that the game is cared about as much as the money it makes and I hope that you continue to ask for feedback like this even if you do not take all of our suggestions.

-Lukimis of Jedi Covenant <Republic Command>

I like the idea of 0m saberthrow baseline, but maybe instead of increased ravage damage, we could do increased impale/furious strike (maybe raging burst instead). To decrease ravage dependency, so that when you're forced to break a ravage, it won't be as bad. Just an idea

For the record, the more I think of it, the more I am in FAVOR of a reliance on Ravage. The dumbing down of the game right now is stupid.

Let me break it down for you guys:

WE AREN'T ACTUALLY FULLY RELIANT ON RAVAGE FOR PVP! And, there's a little known stat that actually makes it easier to use Ravage!

CRAZY RIGHT?

Protip: DoTspread > Ravage in PVP. Vengeful Slam is what gives Vengeance competitive damage. Ravage is useful only for single target burst, and control. Nothing more.

As for landing ravages on bosses, #alacrity.

As it stands right now, if we could land all 3 ticks of ravage CONSISTENTLY, we'd be the most overpowered melee in the game. Notice that all the specs with the advantages of full mobility, and range, are also lower parsing than us (though tactics is still stupid.) I for one, don't want to see our class dumbed down to the point where we have a "Watchman" situation. I'd rather have more sustained DPS and better DoTs, than a dumbing down of ravage.

As it stands right now, if we could land all 3 ticks of ravage CONSISTENTLY, we'd be the most overpowered melee in the game. Notice that all the specs with the advantages of full mobility, and range, are also lower parsing than us (though tactics is still stupid.) I for one, don't want to see our class dumbed down to the point where we have a "Watchman" situation. I'd rather have more sustained DPS and better DoTs, than a dumbing down of ravage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I understood correctly, BW wants to create more mobile fights in the future (don't remember where I read that though :/). So, we're talking of fewer immobile moment. As it is now, it can be a pain to land even 2 ticks of MS/ravage. What would be the result if we couldn't even land those 2 ticks ?

And you seem to speak only for vigilance/vengeance. Cancelling a MS/ravage in focus/rage is even more destructive than in the other spec.

Dumbing down a class is not what most people want, and I agree with you on that point. But at least, give us the weapons to fight the next fights. And for now, if BW really want to make even more mobile fights, we don't have those.

Also juggernaut need this change for PvP:

- Charge 0-30 m range

It's give us more mobility and we can use Ravage more. Also it's good def vs stealthers and another root **** players.

Edited by Anton_RUS

• 1 month later...