Returning Companions: Which do you expect?

Anysao

To sum what brought me to making this thread: BioWare has recently stated that we are getting an entire new cast of companions as the Outlander, with old and new faces alike. To those who are curious, Lana Beniko will be our first.

However, our original (I'm going to call them class companions) will be scattered around the galaxy, and their lives have moved on, influenced by the decisions we made. Certain "fan favorite" class companions will be appearing as helpful allies, or backstabbing enemies, throughout the story...

But who do you expect? Not every companion is a "fan favorite" *coughTannoVikcough*, some may not want to see you again, *gagKaliyoDjannisgag*, and others may just be too difficult to write back to life *sneezeJaesaWilsaamsneeze*.

So I created this thread for players to conspire with me what "fan favorite" class companions will be returning Knights of the Fallen Empire, and in what form. I'll get the ball rolling with one theory I have:

Trooper spoilers below.

Trooper class companions: Aric Jorgan or Elara Dorne (your decision from Chapter 1's end) will become the new Commanding Officer of Havoc Squad. They'll be on your side to help you fight the Knights of Zakuul in your "Alliance."

And some very far fetched Bounty Hunter theories below (not really a spoiler, though).

This "Saylin" person mentioned on the KotFE reminds me a lot of Mako... It would make sense that five years later, she would become her own bounty hunter, and have lost "everyone she ever knew." After all, Skadge really wasn't a fan favorite... :p

Post away.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "Saylin" person mentioned on the KotFE reminds me a lot of Mako... It would make sense that five years later, she would become her own bounty hunter, and have lost "everyone she ever knew." After all, Skadge really wasn't a fan favorite... :p

I'm assuming you mean Senya, whom I think is a whole new character, of whom a lot believe may be a turncoat from the Eternal Empire like Koth Vortena. I believe returning class companions are a different category, essentially.

One interesting bit of speculation that rose-up started with this thread from a while ago, which lists the companions that had speaking roles in Shadow of Revan. What's interesting, and likely not coincidental, is that it's exactly two companions per class, and each one is the designated "primary" romance for either gender of their respective class. Some people take that as evidence of what past companions will be returning to have a role in Fallen Empire.

I'm assuming you mean Senya, whom I think is a whole new character, of whom a lot believe may be a turncoat from the Eternal Empire like Koth Vortena. I believe returning class companions are a different category, essentially.

One interesting bit of speculation that rose-up started with this thread from a while ago, which lists the companions that had speaking roles in Shadow of Revan. What's interesting, and likely not coincidental, is that it's exactly two companions per class, and each one is the designated "primary" romance for either gender of their respective class. Some people take that as evidence of what past companions will be returning to have a role in Fallen Empire.

It seems clear they're going to keep the major romance options. Lady Insanity specifically mentioned that BioWare intends to have your LI know if you cheated on them.

Other ones they keep (IMO) will be the Khem Val/T7-01 types. They don't require additional voice acting and so are pretty easy to include. You can slice and dice their existing gobbledygook files and add new subtitles.

Sith Warrior is the hard one with Jaesa. Jaesa is a major romance option but even Dark Sith Warriors don't have to actually turn her Dark (as many unhappy Warriors have found out).

Edited by Canareth

At most, I expect 8 of them to return (1 per class) and none of the romanceable ones. I'm thinking they will go for fan favourites - Forex, Blizzy, Scourge, Khem etc.

Talking about returning to active companion status of course. NPC cameos (ME3 style) i expect for most if not all.

Honestly, I want Scorpio back, I'm not sure how fans think of her but I absolutely love Scorpio. and I'm pretty sure we'll probably see Xalek for Inqs aswell as Ashara, unless Ashara chooses to return to the jedi for some reason, and while a bit off-topic I'm rather curious about which choices they're gonna take into consideration and whether players have to return to planets to do all the quests there for all the choices offered.

So the one I personally would like to get back is Scorpio, I'd even put her in other classes, It's a droid that wants to kill you but at the same time learn shiz, so yeah.

At most, I expect 8 of them to return (1 per class) and none of the romanceable ones. I'm thinking they will go for fan favourites - Forex, Blizzy, Scourge, Khem etc.

Talking about returning to active companion status of course. NPC cameos (ME3 style) i expect for most if not all.

I doubt they deny the LI.

Furthermore, Scourge didn't even get any new lines for SoR. Revan completely ignores his existence.

Furthermore, Scourge didn't even get any new lines for SoR. Revan completely ignores his existence.

Secondary love interests -- if you can call them that -- got the ax for SoR, namely Akaavi Spar, Raina Temple and Jaesa Willsaam. I found the latter surprising to be honest, since I always found her popularity to be on par with Vette.

Secondary love interests -- if you can call them that -- got the ax for SoR, namely Akaavi Spar, Raina Temple and Jaesa Willsaam. I found the latter surprising to be honest, since I always found her popularity to be on par with Vette.

I suspect popularity had little to do with the decision. Someone upstairs probably decided "We're only paying for two companion VA's per Class." and that was that. :mad:

But how they'd pick "fan favorites" begs the question. If you go by how much a companion is used in-game, it will skew heavily towards healers. If you go by numbers of maxed affection, it will undoubtedly skew towards romances and better crafting bonuses. If you rule out love interests, no females would make the cut. A lot of people complain about non-basic speakers. They'd be pretty unhappy if half of the vanilla companions you can recruit speak gibberish. (And the only way I can see Forex making the cut is if his only competition is Yuun. Personally I'd much rather have Yuun. Forex is only good for scrap metal!)

Secondary barely make any difference with the number of primary already being nonsensical. 16 primary romances lol. Double than any other Bioware game. I will be shocked if they all return as active companions

But how they'd pick "fan favorites" begs the question. If you go by how much a companion is used in-game, it will skew heavily towards healers. If you go by numbers of maxed affection, it will undoubtedly skew towards romances and better crafting bonuses. If you rule out love interests, no females would make the cut. A lot of people complain about non-basic speakers. They'd be pretty unhappy if half of the vanilla companions you can recruit speak gibberish. (And the only way I can see Forex making the cut is if his only competition is Yuun. Personally I'd much rather have Yuun. Forex is only good for scrap metal!)

Not that hard. Between Yunn/Tano/Forex, it's easy to tell which one community likes, values or would like to see expanded upon the most. Same goes for Rusk/Scourge/T7. Maybe some classes are harder than others, but it's not that hard to determine who would be a good pick (outside romances). One way or another, they will have to make some selection 'cause they WON'T have every single of the old 43 companions back (sans already-confirmed HK/Treek)

Edited by Pietrastor

Exactly. Playing DPS mostly, healers are just the handy companion to keep using. Using another feels like I'm purposely trying to make it all much more difficult.

Though, on some of my characters, the healers would have been my choice anyways. BH and Trooper. Consular is a toss up between Tharan and Nadia. Doc isn't so bad, but it just feels like Kira is your partner in the story.

Exactly. Playing DPS mostly, healers are just the handy companion to keep using. Using another feels like I'm purposely trying to make it all much more difficult.

Though, on some of my characters, the healers would have been my choice anyways. BH and Trooper. Consular is a toss up between Tharan and Nadia. Doc isn't so bad, but it just feels like Kira is your partner in the story.

Yea, I want Doctor Lokin to return. Of all the agent companions he is my favorite and he fits really well with how I play my Agent. I do like Vector and Temple too, but if I had to choose just 1 Doctor Lokin is my companion.

Kira is definitely the intended main companion. Her arc interweves with the main Knight story on several levels, in addition to her being your Padewan. Plus she's the male's love interest and it makes sense with all the developments around her. Kira is also like Vette in having extra lines or dialogue in quests.

"Wide margin"? Seriously?

I really hope that this is untrue, since Scourge is my favorite companion on the Knight. :D

On the other hand, its much more likely for T7 to be "the" Knight companion found in KotFE. I can name four reasons right now.

1. He's the first companion a Knight receives.

2. He's already survived for a hundred years, five more is nothing for him.

3. He's Nico Okarr's old droid.

4. He doesn't require a voice actor.

EDIT: 5. I'd say its pretty likely that the Outlander will need an Astromech droid companion.

Edited by Anysao

Kira is definitely the intended main companion. Her arc interweves with the main Knight story on several levels, in addition to her being your Padewan. Plus she's the male's love interest and it makes sense with all the developments around her. Kira is also like Vette in having extra lines or dialogue in quests.

Which is why my female Warrior used Vette almost entirely, it just felt like she was the one the Warrior was meant to run around the galaxy with.

So, just because I haven't had time to read up on everything concerning the companions... we are going to lose our companions in this expansion? Might have to start taking gear and weapons off them so I don't lose so much of an investment.

So, just because I haven't had time to read up on everything concerning the companions... we are going to lose our companions in this expansion? Might have to start taking gear and weapons off them so I don't lose so much of an investment.

I really don't think we're going to lose the gear we put on our companions. Not when people have their companions gears with CM gear.