Imp PvP on the decline?

Lium

I've been leveling a sorc lately, and she's currently at level 41. I decided to do some warzones last night and I went 1-3. Granted that's only four WZs total, so it's not even enough to get an accurate sample size.

But I made this thread because saw some disturbing things in the three losses. For one, they were blowout losses. And two, the pubs were just straight up better and more organized. I later asked on the fleet if there's been a role reversal lately, and a lot of imps were saying PvP seems to be more equal now than it used to be, when they would just roll all over pubs.

I'm curious to know what your take is.

It's lowbies. The only people who play lowbies are twinks that are geared to the teeth and people who want to pvp but haven't hit 50 yet... you're surprised that there isn't any teamwork?

For some reason pub lowbies in particular are full of twinked out toons with stats almost as good as recruit gear.

How do you "Twink out a toon" when you get xp bonuses for winning warzones?

You spend a ton of money to always have full purples with purple augments for your level, and if you want you even go all out and leave the warzone right before the end to avoid getting xp. Many do it.

Actually yes, there have been a lot of twinked pub premades running. Made finishing out my Marauder a lot more interesting.

And btw, with all advanced 22s at level 49, my stats were SIGNIFICANTLY better than recruit gear. On par with or better than my BM gear on my Sent back in the day.

As in, when I dinged 50 and threw on the junk recruit gear. I lost over 300 main stat and a truckload of power. My bonus damage went down 14X points. I was still using my level 39 ear piece and implants, too, which ALSO had better stats than recruit gear. No relics though, which gimped my health badly. Go figure.

Went from killing people in one ravage/5k crits on vicious throw and scream/5-6k smashes (highest in lowbie was 7459) to feeling like I was hitting people with pool noodles.

Edited by Racter

More players roll imperial side. Thus, more noobs, FTP, and/or inexperienced players w/bad gear VS. pubs who are often long time vets on their geared alts.

And for some reason, pubs usually have more healers while imps often don't have any. This goes for lvl 50 wz's as well.

More players roll imperial side. Thus, more noobs, FTP, and/or inexperienced players w/bad gear VS. pubs who are often long time vets on their geared alts.

And for some reason, pubs usually have more healers while imps often don't have any. This goes for lvl 50 wz's as well.

^^^^^...This. I'm leveling my first pub now and have thoroughly enjoyed the fact we have less players and are always fighting imp teams. I have no idea what everyone is talking about gear though. It's fairly simple for any noob to spend wz comms on the standard pvp gear from the vendors. There's no real secret to it.

I've been leveling a sorc lately, and she's currently at level 41. I decided to do some warzones last night and I went 1-3. Granted that's only four WZs total, so it's not even enough to get an accurate sample size.

But I made this thread because saw some disturbing things in the three losses. For one, they were blowout losses. And two, the pubs were just straight up better and more organized. I later asked on the fleet if there's been a role reversal lately, and a lot of imps were saying PvP seems to be more equal now than it used to be, when they would just roll all over pubs.

I'm curious to know what your take is.

That was my experience as well. Gìllies here was just leveled in December finished early Jan, and the Republic 10-49s were way better. Although most of it was a healing disparity. More healers (or more of those willing to heal in wz's) on the Republic side. I had a very pedestrian record I'd say in 10-49s leveling up I'd say. I don't joke when I say 75% of my warzones were zero healers. Hard to win those when DPS output is garbage compared to 50.

Got to 50, and different story. However, I expect an uptick in Republic 50 quality going forward, because there were some really bads on my side. Like worse then me, much worse:eek:

Edited by islander

You spend a ton of money to always have full purples with purple augments for your level, and if you want you even go all out and leave the warzone right before the end to avoid getting xp. Many do it.

LOL, ppl really do that? I used nothing but quest gear I won atleast 75% of the warzones I was in. If losers want to waste time like that let them.

Okay, yes, imp PvP sub-50 is abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. Last night, five more games played. Five straight spectacular flameouts.

And the fifth game, I actually switched sides and played my shadow just to see if I was being delusional or if I was part of the problem. Thankfully for my psyche, we won Denova with our base at like 98% at the end.

Holy crap! What the hell happened to the empire?!?! Pubs are literally facerolling to victory now.

I'm sorry to be so excitable, but as you can tell, I'm genuinely shocked to see this. I mean, my main is a 50 sentinel, and I'm used to imps dominating PvP. So, imagine my surprise when leveling my sorc, and I find imps getting wtfpwned most nights.

Is this the F2P effect or something? I mean, what's the deal?

Okay, yes, imp PvP sub-50 is abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. Last night, five more games played. Five straight spectacular flameouts.

And the fifth game, I actually switched sides and played my shadow just to see if I was being delusional or if I was part of the problem. Thankfully for my psyche, we won Denova with our base at like 98% at the end.

Holy crap! What the hell happened to the empire?!?! Pubs are literally facerolling to victory now.

I'm sorry to be so excitable, but as you can tell, I'm genuinely shocked to see this. I mean, my main is a 50 sentinel, and I'm used to imps dominating PvP. So, imagine my surprise when leveling my sorc, and I find imps getting wtfpwned most nights.

Is this the F2P effect or something? I mean, what's the deal?

Played 10-12 sub 50 games last night myself and won all but 1 game which was a huttball that went scoreless till almost the end. Maybe the problem isn't imp or pubs but the people expecting a win based on faction.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the correlation in your claim. Were all your games against the republic too? Had a guy two nights ago, in a losing match, say he was embarrassed to be an imp because our team got shut down in a CW. Why is this so funny? Because we were facing another imp team...

Edited by Master_Nate

I mean, to further clarify my comments yesterday - when healing was equal, we won more times then not.

The problem was primarily lack of healing. Even when we had one healer, seemed the other team had 2, if not 3. Due to the damage output reduction, healing really is king in U49 PvP. In 50 normals you can sometimes DPS through the lack of healing, especially in certain WZs.

Edited by islander

The problem was primarily lack of healing. Even when we had one healer, seemed the other team had 2, if not 3. Due to the damage output reduction, healing really is king in U49 PvP. In 50 normals you can sometimes DPS through the lack of healing, especially in certain WZs.

I can TOTALLY agree with this. Sub 50s lack the burst dps, unless twinked, and it is very noticeable. I'm constantly thinking in my head, "our team lacks dps on this node" and with lack of FF, taking down targets being healed and taking down healers can be very tough. There are a lot of factors to consider, I'm just not sure faction is always the common denominator.

Night before, won all night till the end and lost 4 in a row. Again, I don't know about it being a faction issue every match but rather a matchmaking issue, or lack of matchmaking, lack of experience in WZ, lack of knowledge of other classes and how to combat them etc.

You win some, you lose some is all I truly know.

Edited by Master_Nate

Played 10-12 sub 50 games last night myself and won all but 1 game which was a huttball that went scoreless till almost the end. Maybe the problem isn't imp or pubs but the people expecting a win based on faction.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the correlation in your claim. Were all your games against the republic too? Had a guy two nights ago, in a losing match, say he was embarrassed to be an imp because our team got shut down in a CW. Why is this so funny? Because we were facing another imp team...

You know what? You just reminded me of something. One of the blowout losses last night was to another imp team. In my nerd excitement I completely forgot about that. So basically I can't count that one loss. My bad.

I think the groups are random. Also it does seem people are ignorant about objectives. So you usually get horrible groups. But you do come up against horrbile groups as well. If both groups are horrible you'd better hope that theirs is worse off. Edited by LordQordisz

This thread needs to be stickied as an example for everyone.

Of why people should think before they post.

Also how some people should stop wasting oxygen.

Agreed. Because judging from what I've seen in both PvP and PvE, most of the people you describe play empire. True story.

I have to agree. I do sub-50 pvp late night on imp side and my experience is that we have a horrid track record. I want to say I was valor 19 before I got my first win, and that had everything to do with the fact that I stopped pugging and started queuing with my guild. A bit of voice chat and coordination goes a long way, and I think we just don't have that baseline skill level with the 1 AM sub-50 crowd.

I'm pretty awful, but I swear some of the most basic concepts like peeling off me when I'm trying to keep you alive and not breaking line of sight when I'm trying to keep you alive just aren't there.

I don't mind losing at all, I just hate how many stupid mistakes we make. It's almost enough to make me stop healing in pvp, if it wasn't that I love it so much.

Who knows. I'm sure at 50 it'll go back to ranked warzone pugs falling apart because we can't get enough.