Bonus set for Vanguard Tank?

Lannadew

To be honest, i'm not seeing any good set bonuses for tank, especially for PVE. If it was up to me, i'd pick Strategist(4) and Meteor Brawler(2) or Right Price(4) and Meteor Brawler(2). Reduced CD on Neural Surge has it's perks, especially in PVP and 10% dmg. reduction under BF with Ion Cell is mediocre at best, but still better than nothing, i guess... Edited by Spoloma

To be honest, i'm not seeing any good set bonuses for tank, especially for PVE. If it was up to me, i'd pick Strategist(4) and Meteor Brawler(2) or Right Price(4) and Meteor Brawler(2). Reduced CD on Neural Surge has it's perks, especially in PVP and 10% dmg. reduction under BF with Ion Cell is mediocre at best, but still better than nothing, i guess...

I thought the 10% dmg reduction with BF set bonus only worked when you were not using Ion Cell?

For PvE I'm mostly considering Amplified Champion so I can stack some more dmg reduction amps, but I'm not sure if that's the wisest choice

Now that they have nerfed the right price i have no idea myself.

There is the Meteor brawler. Wich is far from how fun the right price looked. I bet the x6 bonus does a ridiculouly low amount of damage as well. The 10% damage for every 15 seconds translates to a 5% damage increase. Wich is ok, but not awesome in a tank.

What was good about the right price is that was good for extra damage and for defense as Explosive fuel/Battle focus doubles as a defensive CD.

Then theres the new one that drops on Dxun, wich is equally as unexciting. 5 second longer on the shield and a big absorb on power yield for 3 seconds. This might be ok for PvE, but yeah, nothing as fun looking as the right price that was nerfed for tank FOR NO GOOD REASON!!

Yeah, i'm upset. I was looking forward to getting good agro and damage on groups of adds or PvP clumps. But alas, the DPS can take advantage of it cause their power yeild can last up to 30 seconds and kapow! Tanks get hit for no reason and now got no good choices!

I confess this has annoyed me to much i have lost most of my drive to play the game. I honestly don't have a good choice now. Maybe i will get Meteor brawler cause i'm not gonna be tanking Dxun anytime soon. Not that that bonus is awesome or anything. Just as weak outside maybe hard mode ops or something where you can soak a large hit.

Edited by Nemmar

Now that they have nerfed the right price i have no idea myself.

There is the Meteor brawler. Wich is far from how fun the right price looked. I bet the x6 bonus does a ridiculouly low amount of damage as well. The 10% damage for every 15 seconds translates to a 5% damage increase. Wich is ok, but not awesome in a tank.

What was good about the right price is that was good for extra damage and for defense as Explosive fuel/Battle focus doubles as a defensive CD.

Then theres the new one that drops on Dxun, wich is equally as unexciting. 5 second longer on the shield and a big absorb on power yield for 3 seconds. This might be ok for PvE, but yeah, nothing as fun looking as the right price that was nerfed for tank FOR NO GOOD REASON!!

Yeah, i'm upset. I was looking forward to getting good agro and damage on groups of adds or PvP clumps. But alas, the DPS can take advantage of it cause their power yeild can last up to 30 seconds and kapow! Tanks get hit for no reason and now got no good choices!

I confess this has annoyed me to much i have lost most of my drive to play the game. I honestly don't have a good choice now. Maybe i will get Meteor brawler cause i'm not gonna be tanking Dxun anytime soon. Not that that bonus is awesome or anything. Just as weak outside maybe hard mode ops or something where you can soak a large hit.

Already? Why? That was the most viable one. Why do they hate this class?

• 4 weeks later...
Already? Why? That was the most viable one. Why do they hate this class?

Have you ever tried Meteor Brawler? Firefall/Ionfall does a lot on dps specs, on my AP with ****** gear it deals like 70k, on Pyrotech it does even more. I`m not sure how much it does on tank tbh, I have not watched its value, but simple math says me that if I reached 70k on AP which has no buffs for elementar damage, I`d get like 50k on tank

Which is not bad. Other thing is that Emergency Power is hard to get atm, Right Price drops often from conq crates, and Brawler is buyable on fleet. So, imo, you should take Right Price from conq as long as you won`t get Meteor Brawler, then you can try to get Emergency Power from Dxun drops. Atm Right Price is not good for tank, its 1st bonus if 2% mastery, not 2% endurance like Meteor has, 4 pieces bonus is quite nice, and 6 pieces bonus sucks a lot on tank spec.

This is the one you want.

Emergency Power

(2) +2% Endurance

(4) Energy Shield’s duration is increased by 5 seconds.

(6) Activating Power Yield grants a major absorb shield for 3 seconds.

Source: Increased drop chance from Dxun Operation bosses. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

I've seen some testing.

You are as far as I have seen, immortal for 3s. I'm sure tank players can see the value of that.

Edited by Gyronamics

The Emergency Power set is the best all around set for Vanguard tank. After that Squad leader 4pc with a 2pc preserver for more shield is good. Right price is still good situationally and meteor brawler can also be used situationally. I'm also looking to test our the Veteran Ranger set, if it works how I suspect it might you will be able to heal 24% of your health in 4 seconds off the GCD so it will be pretty good for some things. The long answer is you want literally 3 or 4 sets to cover all your bases the tldr answer is...Squad leader until you can get EmergencyPower

• 1 month later...
I have 2 items with the set pieces that give you +2% Shield. However when I equip the two pieces my shield stats do not change... am I missing something?

So, first off that is not a good idea to run. See my previous post about what to run, or check out my guide found further down in the forums.

That said the reason what you are doing is not giving you the intended outcome is because it is not 2% shield chance increase it gives you 2% more shield rating. So for example if you had 2000 Shield it would increase that to 2020.

Thanks for the replies! I was hoping it would boost me from 50% to 52% Shield Chance... I was mistaken.

I have not been able to get any Emergency Power pieces so I have been using the Final Breath (6 pieces) to get me by. But after reading, I may try putting my tanking stuff into my Meteor Brawler gear that I've been using for DPS.

Edited by KBsFuRy