Why am I seeing hard mode 4 man gear in an 8 man flashpoint?

Darth Bandon's double lightsaber drops in hard mode False Emperor from HK-51. Why is it that I'm seeing that same exact drop in a 8 man normal mode flashpoint? I would think that gear would be better especially from the last boss

Darth Bandon's double lightsaber drops in hard mode False Emperor from HK-51. Why is it that I'm seeing that same exact drop in a 8 man normal mode flashpoint? I would think that gear would be better especially from the last boss

i honestly have no idea what you are talking about or want to say to use at all.

- Darth Bandon's Double-Bladed Lightsaber is rating 126, and so only Tionese Level.

- HK-51 is not the last boss at all.

- And with 8 man flashpoint you mean ops i guess.

The bosses in the ops always drop some highest rating items, and some one tier lower rating item (for normal it meanst columni and tionese, or ration 136 + 126).

So i guess you have done EV and killed Soa and you got this weapon from him as well. Together with the two Columni chests you got. And maybe a mount.

The columni level weapon token does drop from KP normal, last boss. This is the next best weapon you can get. Beside the champion one.

HK-47 is not the last boss in FE, that would be Darth Malgus. Columi gear can drop off the last boss in any HM FP, and 8 man normal OPS Columi gear can drop but off every boss. When you start doing 8 man OPS HM then that can drop Rakata gear. Getting Columi gear off the last boss of any FP HM it's your reward for finishing the FP, you'll probably gear up quicker if you run OP's normal 8man regularly.

He never said HK-47 is the last boss. He said the same thing that drops off him also drops off the last boss of an operation (soa).

Well, true, but normal operations aren't really supposed to be better loot, because they're so easy. It's just a faster way of gearing up for hardmodes. For better weapons go run normal karagga's palace.