Looking for info on recommended gear levels for Ops.

Good afternoon and thank you for checking out this thread. If you can help me out, even better. What I am looking for is any information on what level of gear is recommended for which Operations. My guild is capable of completeing 8 man EV Normal and several members are ready to move onward and begin running others, like Karagga's Palace and their Hard Mode versions.

While I know many are ready to progress, I am afraid others might not be quite ready gear-wise. Therefore I am looking for someone who can tell me at what basic gear levels were they able to complete the later Operations and their Hard Modes.

For an example on the type of information I am looking for, I will tell you what we currently require for someone to get a spot in one of our EV-8-Normal runs.

A rating of at least 124 in ALL the following gear slots, with no greens allowed in the other pieces...

Head

Chest

Gloves

Pants

Boots

Weapon

Also must have at least one (1) Columi level equivalent Implant or Earpiece.

Fairly simple breakdown but I don't know what is needed to complete Karagga's or EV's and KP's Hard Modes. Any help you can provide, whether it be a link to an already existing thread or site, would be greatly appreciated.

- Blaze

My guild is currently having the same discussion for members to get into HM.

Your guidelines are pretty good although I'd like to see lvl 126 (daily mod level, I mean it takes a week to get all modded out with daily mods, not hard).

We are also tossing around at least having your two piece bonus, be it from Tionese or whatever, also not hard to get if you're running HM flashpoints or spend any time in a normal mode raid.

Edited by McMad

Eternity Vault

• Normal - Gear does not really matter. You can be in partial greens, or even Orange with L48+ blue mods

• Hard - At least Tionese grade (124)

• Nightmare - Columi/Rakata (136-140)

Karagga's Palace

• Normal - High end Orange mods or Tionese (120 min)

• Hard - Tionese/Columi mix (124-136)

• Nightmare - More Rakata than Columi (More toward 140)

I would definately run Normal modes a few times through until you can get the mechanics of the fight down smoothly if your gear is lacking. You can Skill>gear in some of the fights on HM.

If your gear is lacking, you need to be spot on with rotations and not dying if you expect to beat enrage timers in HM. That is, if your gear isn't up to par.

Edited by Alchropie

In my opinion, I wouldn't put a requirement on the Columi Ear/Implant. That's just forcing people to buy them off the Galactic Trade for what could be most of someone's money. I think it would be more reasonable to require an armor piece of Columi. That way they could run a HM FP and not spend any cash.

Or better yet require 2 Columi pieces (from Head, Chest, Legs, Hands, Feet). Its not hard to run false emperor and get someone a chest. Takes like 1.5hours. What else are you doing the rest of the week when you cant run the Ops? Kaon Under Siege is slightly hard to learn, but its fast and fun and you get the Columi Helm from it.

As far as what gear is necessary...the level of gear required would be somewhere between No Columi, and Full Columi. "No Columi" is do-able but obviously would be even harder. "Full Columi" is not even necessary. If your whole group had full Columi, you should have no problems.

DarthBloodloss,

I put the Implant/Earpiece requirement in place more to get them to buy the Daily Commendation Rataka piece. With listing as requiring a Columi rank instead of Rakata, it gives them the option to buy one off the market if they are not fans of doing daily missions. But I agree completely with your line of reasoning and would rather them buy it with tokens than with credits.

I am also a little bit confused as to which specific Operation Hard Mode you are talking about with this statement, or if you are talking about both EV and KP.

"As far as what gear is necessary...the level of gear required would be somewhere between No Columi, and Full Columi. "No Columi" is do-able but obviously would be even harder. "Full Columi" is not even necessary. If your whole group had full Columi, you should have no problems."

Alchropie,

That is fantastic information and laid out in a very easy to understand format. Thank you, very much!

I edited to add this quick sentence: Hard Mode and Normal Mode have different lockouts. If I were you, I would at least run EV-Normal Mode first 4 bosses to stock up on Columi. THEN I would run HM EV first 4 bosses. After all that is done, either go for Soa HM or switch to KP HM. EV normal should be cake for you and the Columi drops will definitely help for HM.

---------------------------------------

I agree that the dailies are best, to get Rakata ear / implant. I hadn't thought about that aspect of the requirement.

And for my statement you quoted, it was just a generalization of both Ops. I will list here my opinion on which bosses are harder, and may require more gear. I will also rank the bosses from 1 (easiest) to 5 (hardest).

I know you have already ran thru them on Normal so you know the fights. But Im bored at work so I figured ill give a rundown just for the heck of it. Also as a side note, we find that Sorc AoE heals are often the difference in success or failure. We frequently bring an Agent healer or Merc healer but find that the Sorc is waaaay better strictly because of the AoE heal. Too bad though, I wish they were all equally viable for Ops.

EV:

Annihilation Droid (4) I ranked this one as harder than the others because of the damage output he has. Its not too gear dependent except for the phase where he uses a missile barrage against everyone. We like to throw down a couple Sorc AoE heals, stand in them, and DPS thru the damage. If your gear doesn't let you do this, he may be harder cause you will have to hide behind the pillars and heal during this phase.

Gharj (3) - This fight is also not gear dependent as only the tank should be taking any damage. In normal mode, his stomp is very weak. On Hard mode you will find that you have to stand further away from him to avoid the entire group getting stomped. At first, we had a ton of trouble learning this one. But now we one shot him every time. Pretty easy.

Pillars (2) - This is completely non-gear-dependent. To beat this one, you just need the proper strategy. And don't hit the mobs when they have their red shield up. Most people solve in the following order and get little to no bugs: SN SN SN SN

Hall of Heros (1) - This is the easy one and should be doable in any gear. If you are having problems with 1 of the mobs, if may be because your group makeup is off and may need to swap 1 class for another for this fight.

Soa (5) - Need good gear to DPS him down in the 3rd phase, as well as to survive the ball lighting and flying through the air. Need good luck to avoid bugs as well as things beyond your control. (Flying up in the air, and landing on 2x ball lightning for example)

KP

Bonethrasher (5) - Hardest fight is first. Good gear helps alot because you really need to lay down the DPS on this guy, and everyone also takes lots of damage. Might take a while for everyone to really learn this fight. Because he is first, I prefer to do EV where the hard boss is last.

Jarg and Sorno (3) - This fight requires some good DPS as you really need to kill the carbonizer droids asap. Also you need people to interrupt the bosses casting.

Foreman Crusher (2) - Gear level isn't too important on this fight. The tank takes tons of damage however, so either the tank or healers should be geared and ready to handle things.

Fabricator (4) - Gear shouldn't matter too much in this fight. Its up to the tank to always have him in the right position. And you need someone whos good at clicking. Be sure to take out the stun droids asap as well as move to the side room when targeted with the AoE missile.

Karaga (1) - This guy is a wuss. Dont need that good of gear to kill him. This fight relies on tanking positioning as well as DPS AoE on the mouse droids.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

We were kinda late into the Raiding of EV and KP, only started last week and doing ok.

With the new raid coming out in March, I am kinda looking at the average gear level of the raid (we are very small, 10 RL friends, known each other for years) and trying to second guess what we would need to be in so we are not wasting our time banging against a brick wall.

I know we dont have a crystal ball and we dont have any idea of the difficulty of the March operation, but what do you think of 60% Columi / 40% Tionese (or equiv) gear wise to be ready for the new on on normal?

We were kinda late into the Raiding of EV and KP, only started last week and doing ok.

With the new raid coming out in March, I am kinda looking at the average gear level of the raid (we are very small, 10 RL friends, known each other for years) and trying to second guess what we would need to be in so we are not wasting our time banging against a brick wall.

I know we dont have a crystal ball and we dont have any idea of the difficulty of the March operation, but what do you think of 60% Columi / 40% Tionese (or equiv) gear wise to be ready for the new on on normal?

I'd say the new content on Normal is equivilant to HM KP. But that's just my speculation. If they are starting to tier up the raid content then that will most likely be the case.

IMO slam through KP and EV on normal every week and start dipping your feet into HM with the time you have left before reset. Not sure how much you guys raid though. You definately want to be full Columi for the new content I'd say.

Just theory crafting though :)