Mando Raiders

So I was in a group for Mando raiders last night and we made it to the first boss, the hound master or something along those lines.

Now I found the fight frustrating because it seemed as though his dogs had no threat table what so ever. They were immune to all taunts (which is fine) but it seemed as though they would just attack any random group member, and try as hard as I could I could not pull threat from them.

Is this the way the fight is intended and you are just supposed to deal with the two dogs just randomly attacking everybody?

We tested it out by doing the following: I leaped in and fought all three guys alone for about 10-15 seconds, the other groups members did nothing, and the dogs ran at them. Despite the fact they did nothing to warranty any kind of aggro.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

We had the same problem at first, until i realized their is no way to hold the dogs aggro and just kept the boss on me as much as i could. It was tough, but basically spread your party out so the dogs take time to switch targets as they run amok, and make sure the party focus fires one dog down, then the next and you should be able to get past it. I am sure someone else has come up with a perfect strat, but that's what we did on the fly and it worked.

We did it between lvls 22-24 with one companion and it was a very challenging area for our group. I had to add my healer companion to help with off heals while we burned the dogs down in order. It was a close fight but I'm sure you can manage it as well.

We had more problems with the encounter with the 4 imperial bosses together until we figured that one out.

What I did (and it took about 2 wipes to get it) is bring the boss and the dogs to the small walkway leading up to the room to keep 'em all close. As a tank, I tanked the boss as well as I could, and as a shieldtech kept their dmg debuffed (flamesweep) and their accuracy down (oilslick) and the DPS (we had 1 tank 2 dps 1 healer) beat on one dog while I kept the boss and the other dog on me (I would switch concentration if the extra dog attacked the healer or a DPS)

it worked. kept them debuffed enough and the dogs died fast enough, and the last boss was a synch.