Where is the 10 responses for the weekly Q&A?

ldeclue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't worry, they are postponed until tomorrow.

And cause of the Q&A the servers will be offline tomorrow until afternoon.

Come on, they didn't started answering our questions today, did they?...

And hey, we are not NA, we are EU. We are really really really unnecessary.

Edited by LovarBoy

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of the weekly Q&A. Sounds interesting. Where might I read these or get past Q&A answers?

Is it posted in the general forums?

There used to be a sticky thread collecting questions.

It had about 2000 posts when it got unstickied, I think.

I found this about the Q&A...it looks like this is, in fact, the first one. Here are the details:

We’re very happy to announce that we are adding two new weekly blogs to hopefully give you more insight into development and keep you up to date on developer comments you may have missed.

First, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have our first set of answers next week on February 10th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

We’ve opened a thread in General Discussion in which you can now ask questions (one per user, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM GMT), we will close that thread, select ten questions and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.

Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.

Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.

Limit yourself to one question per thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!

And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please head on over to the official thread for the Q&A session and ask away!

The second addition to the Community Blog section is going to be a Weekly Dev Tracker Summary. In it, we will be rounding up all of our official responses to Forum threads in one handy blog post. Hopefully this will give anyone who does not look at the Dev Tracker on a daily basis a useful summary of what’s been said recently, and will also help you decide on your question for our weekly Q&A sessions.

We’re looking forward to your questions and hope these blogs are useful to you!

While we're waiting, here's a 10 questions/answers simulation, featuring typical MMO player questions and MMO dev answers!

1Q. Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?

1A. Because the hypotenuse of a triangle is equal to the Summer of Love.

2Q. What if the Black Knight has a fire-breathing dragon?

2A. That would be cool!

3Q. Scooby Doo, where are you?

3A. Yes.

4Q. Why?

4A. For real!

5Q. Who wrote the Book of Love?

5A. Blue! No, ye-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

6Q. What's your favorite color?

6A. Whales.

7Q. Boxers or Briefs?

7A. It's Shake 'N Bake, and I helped!

8Q. Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

8A. I'm the <bleeeeeeeep!> Batman. And that's TWO questions!

10Q. Who shot first?

10A. You put the lime in the coconut and call it a banana.

While we're waiting, here's a 10 questions/answers simulation, featuring typical MMO player questions and MMO dev answers!

2A. That would be cool!

3A. Yes.

4Q. Why?

4A. For real!

6A. Whales.

7Q. Boxers or Briefs?

10Q. Who shot first?

I lolled at first but then I cried because this is so true...

2A. That would be cool!

3A. Yes.

4Q. Why?

4A. For real!

6A. Whales.

7Q. Boxers or Briefs?

10Q. Who shot first?

Saddly, i expect this to happen too. Trying to think of a legit asked question they'll answer could be fun... i saw a question asking when we'd be able to sit on more of the chairs in the cantinas. Wouldnt that be a kick in the crotch if this was one of the 10 answered.

Saddly, i expect this to happen too. Trying to think of a legit asked question they'll answer could be fun... i saw a question asking when we'd be able to sit on more of the chairs in the cantinas. Wouldnt that be a kick in the crotch if this was one of the 10 answered.

LOL, is it bad that I actually wonder this same question? I think it would be 'neat' to be able to do, but...god I hope that isn't something they have in mind right out of the gate when so much work needs to be done....

It would ... lol. :D

Two things:

1. They promised 2PM CST for the Q&A to be posted. Of course, by now we know BioWare's promises mean nothing (really guys, how hard is it just to say, "we don't know when it will be posted?")

2. I would be FLOORED if they answered anything REMOTELY substantive and/or controversial. Answers about conrete plans to improve the UI? Doubtful. Healing class imbalances? Not likely. Ilum failures and plans to improve? yea, right. Gear inconsistencies among tiers (i.e. Why is Rakata gear so bad?). Unfortunately, not. Why Alacrity is a garbage stat for many classes, yet is extremely common on end-game gear? Fraid not.

Two things:

1. They promised 2PM CST for the Q&A to be posted. Of course, by now we know BioWare's promises mean nothing (really guys, how hard is it just to say, "we don't know when it will be posted?")

2. I would be FLOORED if they answered anything REMOTELY substantive and/or controversial. Answers about conrete plans to improve the UI? Doubtful. Healing class imbalances? Not likely. Ilum failures and plans to improve? yea, right. Gear inconsistencies among tiers (i.e. Why is Rakata gear so bad?). Unfortunately, not. Why Alacrity is a garbage stat for many classes, yet is extremely common on end-game gear? Fraid not.

The thread they posted in regards to the Q&A states that the questions thread would be 'taken down' at 2 pm. They do not state when the 'answers' will be posted.

2A. That would be cool!

3A. Yes.

4Q. Why?

4A. For real!

6A. Whales.

7Q. Boxers or Briefs?

10Q. Who shot first?

You know this is the sort of rubbish they are going to give us.

The communication so far has been very poor. The only difference now is at least we don't have to put up with people telling us Bioware don't owe you anything.

Every damn patch there's these little tweaks to abilities and stuff to do with pvp and FP's yet it would be awful if they addressed the question about being able to sit in cantinas?

I want to hear more about the little things like extra functionality for cantinas, fixes to the codex, improvements to the GTN etc

Edited by Tarfang

In the words of the infamous Veruca Salt!!!!!!!

I want a golden goose!

No! I want one of those!

Who says I cant have one!

Gooses...Geeses...I want my geese to lay gold eggs for easter!

I want a feast...I want a bean feast!

Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts...

No NO...I want a ball.......I want a party!

Pink macaroons and a million balloons.....and performing baboons....Give it to me!.....Now..

I want the world I want the whole world.....

I want to lock it up in my pocket its my bar of chocolate!!!! I dont care how! I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Ohh the power of entitlement and immediate gratification....Sums up most this issues with MMO's and the qq's on these boards lol...

Patience people:)