The credit spammers win

-Calypso

I just want to let BW know that I have finally gotten to the point that, there are SOOOO many credit spammers, that both reporting them AND ignoring them is too much work. I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many times i report them, YOU FAIL TO CONTAIN THE PROBLEM.... so i'll just ignore them. Me taking the extra 2 seconds to report the spam does NOTHING to solve the problem because your automated system designed to handle these things is quite simply easily defeated by the enemy. I'm not sure what's worse, though. The fact that you certainly know and have been more aware of this than I until now tells me that either you have given up, or you don't care. So which is it? Have you guys given up? Or did you just stop caring? Like i said, I can't decide which is worse. Edited by -Calypso

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to realize one thing, in order to send mail and type in chat the account has to subscribe. Since there are new and new names its new and new accounts so in theory its new and new subs.

So in general its in the interest of Bioware to bann them as soon as possible so that they make an new account and pay sub again :D

Unless however, its hacks, there are CC generators, so there maybe sub time cards generators too, if those spammers have subs for free using such hacks then yes, it sucks, but if they really buy the sub then Bioware can make a fortune out of it.

You have to realize one thing, in order to send mail and type in chat the account has to subscribe. Since there are new and new names its new and new accounts so in theory its new and new subs.

So in general its in the interest of Bioware to bann them as soon as possible so that they make an new account and pay sub again :D

Unless however, its hacks, there are CC generators, so there maybe sub time cards generators too, if those spammers have subs for free using such hacks then yes, it sucks, but if they really buy the sub then Bioware can make a fortune out of it.

Regardless, my point is i'm acknowledging that, at the very least, they simply don't care. You're implying that they have interest in letting it go, which is even worse. We would be speculating on that. Regardless, this is piss poor business practice.

From what i'm seeing, I would surmise that the spammers have simply figured out all their super secret automated defenses and work around it with one account. It likely goes something along the lines of, the automated system compiles the list of all reported spammers within a set period of time. So the spammers simply create a character, delete the character committing the offense before the automated system can tag them, rinse and repeat.

Dare i suggest, the solution to this problem is relatively simple to automate. It just requires a more complex programming of if/then filters to more rapidly target and contain a spammer. If they put a cooldown on the level 60 token refunding if a character is deleted, that would do it.

I've seen games that require you to delete a character, and then that character is put into a suspended status for 24 hours. After 24 hours the character must be confirmed to actually finally be deleted. This means the spammers cant keep rerolling a new character outside of the automated systems parameters utilizing the free lvl 60 token, or rather i say, abusing it.

There, I've told you exactly what you need to implement. there's your solution. Go do stuff.

Regardless, my point is i'm acknowledging that, at the very least, they simply don't care. You're implying that they have interest in letting it go, which is even worse. We would be speculating on that. Regardless, this is piss poor business practice.

yes that would be explaining the "not doing anything against it" since as I said, it basically would be profitable for them to do something against. They really must have figured out an system where they know when a toon gets reported and then delete him so that CS wont trace the ignores and spam reports to the original account.

Also there are a lot of chat messages like: dfaj4jr32f0923fj9jf39j2fdsafj913r32 which only indicates that those are bots that got their macro wrong.

I have been playing WoW for months now and never seen a gold spammer there. Its also at its peak now, new expansion, great opportunity to sell, but no spammers at all.

They've introduced paid for credit chips in their equivalent to the cartel market. Anyone can buy them and sell them on the Auction House, the cost of credits or inflation is then controlled by the community. So that kind of takes the wind out of the gold farmers.

I have been playing WoW for months now and never seen a gold spammer there. Its also at its peak now, new expansion, great opportunity to sell, but no spammers at all.

1) WoW does have gold spammers, you not having seen them is just your good fortune. Google it, tons of complaints on Bliz' forums.

2) WoW is a purely P2P game which inherently makes dealing with gold spammers easier. SW:ToR had significantly less back when it was P2P as well. It's more accurate to compare it to F2P/B2P games than it is to compare it to P2P.

They've introduced paid for credit chips in their equivalent to the cartel market. Anyone can buy them and sell them on the Auction House, the cost of credits or inflation is then controlled by the community. So that kind of takes the wind out of the gold farmers.

That is them giving up. But yes I suppose that is less hosed up. That would also probably work here as well if you consider it being a free market model.

SW:ToR had significantly less back when it was P2P as well. It's more accurate to compare it to F2P/B2P games than it is to compare it to P2P.

But still you have to sub to send mail and write in general chat! They have to sub, so its kind of the same model.

That is them giving up. But yes I suppose that is less hosed up. That would also probably work here as well if you consider it being a free market model.

The way credits can be exploited or gained in the game everyone would be buying the tokens for credits. On the other hand, someone would have to be buying them from Bioware, so hard to say.

I believe grindy nature of MMOs compared to other games is reason why people are so much more willing to buy credits. In MMOs earning credits can be boring, instead of getting rewarded for doing something fun. More enjoyable the actual process of earning credits is, less people will buy it with RL money and thus less gold farming there is, as people don't want to buy gold, they want to play instead. But of course, for some reason i will never understand, there are cheaters.

I have considered buying gold myself. Why would i do repetitive tasks for hours when i could just buy some gold now? I won't buy gols for numerous reasons, but i do want to. To me dressing my character to look cool is awesome. Killing same enemies again and again and again or play PVP again and again and again is not fun. I like PvP sometimes, usually i do weeklys, but i don't want to play it just to get money.

Sadly i don't have any detailed solution. I do think that Kotfe will have less credit farmers as it is so much more about awesome story and so much less about gear or grind.

What was the name of that game that doesn't have any gold spammers in it again?

Last I played, Lord of the Rings Online has none. This is because you have to have a certain amount of time actually playing your character before they let you use chat.