Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?

NogueiraA

That's kind of what everyone asked for by their revealed preferences - everyone wants to skip the trash mobs and cutscenes, and get right to the bosses and get out.
That would be a World Boss Ian...Uprisings are inundated with trash mobs...that's over 3/4 of an Uprising tbh.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kind of what everyone asked for by their revealed preferences - everyone wants to skip the trash mobs and cutscenes, and get right to the bosses and get out. Complaining that the boss fights are pretty simple is one thing, but complaining that they don't have story and can be finished quickly; when the VAST majority of FP runs (and all the Ops) I've ever been in skip every mob possible and the vast majority of players spacebar the cut scenes?

I predicted the (rough) format of Uprisings way back in the middle of 4.x, around the time TEC released (admittedly as speculation, not as "fact.") I'll put Cr5 down on the upcoming Op being formatted similarly, not a lot of trash mobs, no in-Op cutscenes to speak of. (If I'm wrong, first person to reference this post can pick up their 5 credits off me on JC).

Complain all you like that the boss fights are uninteresting; but I sort of think once the fight has been "solved" then it's all about executing your dance routine properly.

Wasn't complaining, just stating that they are not content meant to enrich the game. They are meant to be there to grind. People who spacebar through, skip "trash" and the like are grinding. They are not interested in the story or the envirement. That's fine that's their play style. But uprising only exist to support that play style they add nothing for any other play style. So calling then only grind bait seems fair as that is all they are.

I don't know what everyone asked for so I can't say. But uprising are all about the grind, cxp also tends to focus people only on the grind which to my play style is a shame.

That would be a World Boss Ian...Uprisings are inundated with trash mobs...that's over 3/4 of an Uprising tbh.

I just ran Battle of Rishi in Story Mode, with a stealth character; literally engaging no mobs but the ones around clicky bonus objectives and the bosses, and gratuitous use of rocket boosts (though no spacebar of the story - I was running it for the first time as an Imp and wanted to watch it); and it still took longer than the last Uprising I ran through; which happened to be Done And Dusted. Admittedly, I was running that with my wife and our 2 comps, so there was less group friction and easier coordination; but that's not exactly one of the shortest Uprisings, either; and we did the bonus boss.

(Note, I find Fractured to be a PITA with a PuG group that doesn't include (competent) healing; and it's VERY hard on the companion AI, so I don't like doing it through GF or paired with my wife; so they could nerf it to the ground and I wouldn't give a jawa's warranty about it)

KotFE chapter 1 and chapter 2 CXP rewards will be cut heavily. I expect 2/3 cut, no less.

You can bet that anything effective in giving good CXP for less time is about to get the axe. CH 1 and 2 definitely on the chopping block.

I have no doubt they are watching what people are playing now and if it's effective CXP gains bw is about to nerf it.

You can bet that anything effective in giving good CXP for less time is about to get the axe. CH 1 and 2 definitely on the chopping block.

I have no doubt they are watching what people are playing now and if it's effective CXP gains bw is about to nerf it.

Maybe they should cut the cxp stealth characters get....after all they are the ones most able to buzz through content and reap big rewards with little to no danger.

Wasn't complaining, just stating that they are not content meant to enrich the game. They are meant to be there to grind. People who spacebar through, skip "trash" and the like are grinding. They are not interested in the story or the envirement. That's fine that's their play style. But uprising only exist to support that play style they add nothing for any other play style. So calling then only grind bait seems fair as that is all they are.

I don't know what everyone asked for so I can't say. But uprising are all about the grind, cxp also tends to focus people only on the grind which to my play style is a shame.

Quite a lot of content outside of the solo story is "all about the grind," and it's plenty popular. I am constantly shocked by the amount of people who want a new reputation to grind, for example; or more open-world areas with daily missions.

The thing is, FPs, Ops? Those were all about the grind as well - to the extent that they had story (and I'll admit they had some) it was one-and-done. And by putting story in group-required content, they annoy both the "thou shalt spacebar" group players and the "solo forever" players. I do a little bit of everything, and I don't see the point of putting story in repeatable content (group OR solo). I'll watch it the first time through on a character in case there's something tuned to their species/class/story choices; but after that? That little cutscene at the beginning of KDY TFP isd fun, the first time through. After that? It's just a drag. One of the few things HSF got right - the story components of the Star Fortresses are played out during the chapters, or one very short cutscene when you accept the first mission. After that, it's on to the button mashing. (Compare to my perennial complaint about the SF - they're too big and have too much trash, especially in Heroic mode. Heroic mode should basically have been a mob scene on entry, a paladin fight, a mob scene as filler, a paladin fight, the Ephemeris Room as filler, and into the Inner Ring. Double up the Alliance Buffs in the paladin fights, or spread 2 of them to the fillers. As it is, you pointlessly retread the same encounters you did in regular mode in a transparent bid to waste your time)

Let me look into 5.2 and see what other Mission reward changes are happening (buffs and/or nerfs). I will respond back in this thread once I have the info.

-eric

Thank you Eric. I, and I assume most of us, appreciate you trying to get ahead of this.

Let me look into 5.2 and see what other Mission reward changes are happening (buffs and/or nerfs). I will respond back in this thread once I have the info.

-eric

Thanks for the heads up if you get it done but sadly this tells me my theory from above is way more right than wrong.

Maybe they should cut the cxp stealth characters get....after all they are the ones most able to buzz through content and reap big rewards with little to no danger.

If bw truly is looking at risk vs reward (and after bws post above it seems they are going to adjust things come 5.2), you would think something woudl be done with stealth. It's a huge game changer when it comes to CXP grinds.

-eric

Equally - or more - importantly, is it possible for you to convince the management to:

(a) Avoid further CXP nerfs

(b) Reverse the CXP nerfs of Uprisings

Thanks for the heads up if you get it done but sadly this tells me my theory from above is way more right than wrong.

If bw truly is looking at risk vs reward (and after bws post above it seems they are going to adjust things come 5.2), you would think something woudl be done with stealth. It's a huge game changer when it comes to CXP grinds.

Stealth is a huge gamechanger almost anywhere for any grind. It's also a core mechanic in the game. I don't expect much changes to stealth, one way or another.

Equally - or more - importantly, is it possible for you to convince the management to:

(a) Avoid further CXP nerfs

(b) Reverse the CXP nerfs of Uprisings

They're fairly obviously going to rebalance effort vs reward for CXP. Let's see what happens, eh?

Stealth is a huge gamechanger almost anywhere for any grind. It's also a core mechanic in the game. I don't expect much changes to stealth, one way or another.

They're fairly obviously going to rebalance effort vs reward for CXP. Let's see what happens, eh?

Kind of contradictory statements. Stealth significately reduces the effort so it should reduce the reward. Just saying things can't be rebalanced right without looking at how steatth makes a mess out of this.

They aren't fairly rebalancing if they don't take stealth into account. Any rebalance not taking stealth into account is neither fair nor complete.

Edited by Sargrith

Kind of contradictory statements. Stealth significately reduces the effort so it should reduce the reward. Just saying things can't be rebalanced right without looking at how steatth makes a mess out of this.

They aren't fairly rebalancing if they don't take stealth into account. Any rebalance not taking stealth into account is neither fair nor complete.

How are they going to rebalance CXP vs Stealth? I'm already fairly ticked that stealth doesn't work well in solo combat; reducing its effectiveness in group combat will really chap my crawfish. They've done things I wouldn't have expected them to do before, but I don't really expect them to completely rework stealth so it's worthless out of combat just to address an imbalance in CXP gain.

(I guess they could remove the "party stealh" tricks from IA/Smuggler; but that won't really address a 4x stealth AC party, will it?)

SNIP...

I don't expect them to do anything either but if we have to hear bw spout off some garbage like they are adjusting things based on risk vs reward. Then lets also make the risk vs reward a bit closer for all toons.

How are they going to rebalance CXP vs Stealth? I'm already fairly ticked that stealth doesn't work well in solo combat; reducing its effectiveness in group combat will really chap my crawfish. They've done things I wouldn't have expected them to do before, but I don't really expect them to completely rework stealth so it's worthless out of combat just to address an imbalance in CXP gain.

(I guess they could remove the "party stealh" tricks from IA/Smuggler; but that won't really address a 4x stealth AC party, will it?)

Base rewards on the percentage of mobs in an instance killed. Skip half the mobs get half the cxp.

And stealth solo is awesome right now. My Guardian takes about 15 minutes a little more to complete chapter 2 on master level. My assassin less then 7 minutes. Is that really fair effort vs reward?

Edited by Sargrith

Every class has an easier time with something the others don't. It's that variety that makes playing different characters enjoyable. I enjoy skipping things with my stealth character but I also regularly complete missions (solo and grouped) with a non-stealth character too. It's ridiculous to get so nit-picky about one facet of a class in terms of CXP rewards. Edited by LonelyWookiee

Every class has an easier time with something the others don't. It's that variety that makes playing different characters enjoyable. I enjoy skipping things with my stealth character but I also regularly complete missions (solo and grouped) with a non-stealth character too. It's ridiculous to get so nit-picky about one facet of a class in terms of CXP rewards.

Its not nit picky when one class does missions in half the time of another does and does so often. Is assassin dps worse than guardian dps by half? Are assassin tanks half as durable as guardian tanks? Do assassins have as many CC's....oh wait they have a long lasting stealth one....

Sorry there has to be some balance for this issue to be fair. Arguing every class does something better is just obfuscation. Truth is stealth classes are way ahead in this area and there should be some balance brought to things.

Edited by Sargrith

Base rewards on the percentage of mobs in an instance killed. Skip half the mobs get half the cxp.

And stealth solo is awesome right now. My Guardian takes about 15 minutes a little more to complete chapter 2 on master level. My assassin less then 7 minutes. Is that really fair effort vs reward?

This is actually a brilliant idea! I 100% approve of this!!!

This is actually a brilliant idea! I 100% approve of this!!!

Thank you. And the stealther still has an advantage. He can choose to skip half the mobs for half the cxp, or he can take them all out for full cxp. His choice. The non-stealther has to kill them all.

That's tantamount to putting CXP on <Gold mobs. I don't object to it, per se, but why be so baroque about it?

Also, another reason to not include a lot of trash mobs in event design...

The question is does it even out effort v reward for all classes? If it does without any undo stress on specific classes I think it is more fair than what we have.

And its not the same as putting cxp on mobs, rather not the exact same. Take chapter 2 master level. There is a bonus, a gold and a champion. Those the stealther would get and faster if speed mattered to him. So he would end up with slightly more then half. Giving two classes double the reward for the same effort isn't fair and if this change can be done it wold balance that out nicely.

On master level trash mobs, espically ifn they include silvers can be a very real danger....I don't mind them I like the extra danger been doing all the chapters on master to enjoy it but trash it a tough thing, even regular mobs take a while to down for my guardian tank.

That's tantamount to putting CXP on <Gold mobs.

Not really as it's more akin to making every mob mean something and not just the gold ones (or the last one).

I don't object to it, per se, but why be so baroque about it?

Also, another reason to not include a lot of trash mobs in event design...

Whats odd about wanting things a bit more even across the board if bw is the ones nerfing things so they can make risk VS reward a bit more even?

While I think trash needs to be cut down, skipping it entirely is an issue if game design and nerfing of CXP is going to happen because bw doesn't think you should get as much CXP if there is little risk. (or mainly not enough time wasted to be truthful.)

Mercs and sorcs can do Chapter 2 in about 7 minutes, the same time it takes an operative to do chapter 1. Actually I know a juggernaut that can do Ch1 in about the same time. i don't think stealth is really the problem, its finding the chapter balanced to your class. There's a huge disparity to the chapters depending on the class you're on.

If stealth is really an issue though, I think the best method is add high stealth scanning sensors to the mobs, not nerf a stealthers cxp. A non stealth can still skip quite a few mobs depending on how you do it.