Nerf Guard!

Foambreaker

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe don't tunnel the healer and use actual strategies to work around healer guard problem.

And lets be honest here, most tanks suck and won't guard swap until its too late. That should give you some idea of which strategy to choose.

As much as I hate to agree with a post like this that doesn't have much depth to it, yeah Tank mechanics in PvP are annoying. Guard's 50% damage split should be changed so that it's temporary, like Taunt, lasts for idk maybe 6 seconds? This wouldn't mess with PvE tanking abilities because the damage split only occurs in PvP. With the emergence of "skank tanks" as well (tank specs with DPS gear), we're looking at specs with TEAM DEFENSIVES that also have a high damage ceiling. I lived through Tank meta in League of Legends and I'd prefer to not do that again.

Or maybe don't tunnel the healer and use actual strategies to work around healer guard problem.

And lets be honest here, most tanks suck and won't guard swap until its too late. That should give you some idea of which strategy to choose.

That's right, the players are bad so the mechanic is ok.

You do understand that design discussions are based on "normal skilled players".

:rolleyes:

As much as I hate to agree with a post like this that doesn't have much depth to it, yeah Tank mechanics in PvP are annoying. Guard's 50% damage split should be changed so that it's temporary, like Taunt, lasts for idk maybe 6 seconds? This wouldn't mess with PvE tanking abilities because the damage split only occurs in PvP. With the emergence of "skank tanks" as well (tank specs with DPS gear), we're looking at specs with TEAM DEFENSIVES that also have a high damage ceiling. I lived through Tank meta in League of Legends and I'd prefer to not do that again.

You are aware that DPS classes have guard?

One way to "fix" it would be to double the damage the tank takes, but allow tank stats to mitigate the damage.

So:

Healer gets a 10k hit

Healer takes 5k

2x or 10k goes to tank

Tank mitigates 5k and takes 5k

For "real" tanks it is non-change, but for skanks and DPS guard they take 10k, double damage.

Problem solved plus it rewards real tanks for being real tanks.

Edited by Foambreaker

Do I need to repeat myself again? Ugh ok...

A. If dps are guarding a healer, send someone to kill them and watch them die or drop the guard.

B. Return guard to being a tank thing. I miss having a point in PVP other than "run skank because guardians suck otherwise".

C. Give tank stats a point and more people will use them.

D. Give vg/guardian dps actual survivability of some sort and more people will actual dps rather than skanking.

For more detail read my 500 other posts on the subject lol

That's right, the players are bad so the mechanic is ok.

You do understand that design discussions are based on "normal skilled players".

:rolleyes:

The developers aren't going to nerf guard just because players are bad. People die in regs, arenas, solo ranked and group ranked when there is a guard being thrown around. If this is the case, the problem isn't guard. It's that players need to stop smashing their face on the keyboard while tunneling through guard and expecting it to work.

Classic case of: git gud.

Not working, i see more and more skilled tanks swapping guard buff.

I totally agree that skank-tanks guarding everyone on warzones is a cancer, it ruins pvp and way too opped. Tre is not suffering much but harbringer (republic side) and t3m4 are suffering with army of skank- tanks premades guarding everyone and making their teams unkillable. I never saw any mmo with such opped guard ability in pvp, it makes fights useless and stupid.

/signed

Just another noob thread from someone who doesn't know how to PvP. Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers and you still cannot kill them? What happens when they get rid of all the other classes one by one until you finally have to face the facts that you suck. L2P.

In your ideal world the warzones would only have mercs in them. Tell me then, how you going to kill other mercs when they have the same 3 lives as you do. Then you'll be here with a new thread: "Please remove DCDs from all players except me."

Here is a tip: 8v8 Warzones are not won by who kills the most, only noobs run around killing people instead of trying to win.

translation: I want to be able to win by brainlessly mobbing one target until it's dead and then repeating this infinitely until I win

you could always try world of warcraft if using cc and changing targets is too hard

I've never had a problem killing someone with guard, use your brain. There are multiple ways to do this.

- Brute force, interrupt important heals like innervate and other big ones continuing then stunning for their next big heal, it'll work at some point with enough dps.

- Getting the tanks attention, surprisingly most tanks have a i'm a dps mentality, if you have their aggro move away from the healer if they follow you've successfully voided guard with out of range. Just hope your team is good enough to take advantage.

- Separating the tank with brute force, many classes can do this, Power tech pull, Darkness sin pull, Juggernaut push, Sniper knockback (Mainly extended one) and Mercenary Knockback (mainly the extended one too.) This sometimes can give you enough time to finish off or pressure them really low to use the brute force method.

- Ignoring them, some healers only focus on healing themselves, most of the time you can figure these types of people out fast if you're decent at paying attention. Meaning you can kill someone else and leave them for last.

- Pressure you can tunnel the **** out of this but if the tank is good, chances are it's going to be rough if you're lacking damage, if you're playing a spec like carnage, it's incredibly good at swapping targets and blowing up people with burst. Eventually there will be enough guard damage to possibly execute the tank, if you ever see a opportune time to do so, do it. Also never overlook your AoE mezzes.

ITT: people who are afraid to die.

Guarding and taunts should be restricted to tanks, and the amount of damage they can tank when guarding healers should be reduced. The healer / tank dynamic is simply too strong, and premade teams benefit immensely from this structure.

But this is a pointless argument, as BW can't figure out how to separate PVE tanking from PVP tanking.

ITT: people who are afraid to die.

Guarding and taunts should be restricted to tanks, and the amount of damage they can tank when guarding healers should be reduced. The healer / tank dynamic is simply too strong, and premade teams benefit immensely from this structure.

But this is a pointless argument, as BW can't figure out how to separate PVE tanking from PVP tanking.

Guarding, should only be available in tank spec, taunting should be available to dps as well. Taunting by dps has its place in some PVE strats so unless PVP and PVE get completely separated dps should have taunts.

Dps specs should not be able to guard. They did not use to before 5.0 (at least without changing stance) and they should not now. TTK is slow as it is..

DPS could guard before, they just had to switch stances which took an extra GCD.

There is nothing wrong with DPS being able to guard. What do you do when this happens? Tunnel the guy who is guarding. He will be taking the guard damage of the person who he is guarding and also the damage on himself. He will melt.

Just another noob thread from someone who doesn't know how to PvP. Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers and you still cannot kill them? What happens when they get rid of all the other classes one by one until you finally have to face the facts that you suck. L2P.

In your ideal world the warzones would only have mercs in them. Tell me then, how you going to kill other mercs when they have the same 3 lives as you do. Then you'll be here with a new thread: "Please remove DCDs from all players except me."

Here is a tip: 8v8 Warzones are not won by who kills the most, only noobs run around killing people instead of trying to win.

I am a no skill chump who wants to tell you that there were times when you could win a warzone:rolleyes: without healers...in your team and with enemy having at least 1. A typical warzone today is mostly about a team with 2 or 3 healers VS a team with 1 or zero heals getting hammered down. No fun at all. Sometimes I think that the only reason we are winning is because we had more healers and not skill. it's f*ng bad !

In 5.0 winning with 1 heal team vs 2 or 3 heal team is mostly out of the question. especially when you have skank tank abominations running around with VIABLE guards to healers and doing 3 mil damage..

Yes, us no skill chumps just hate how everything is so broken now.

I'd to have a word with the genius who thought that giving guard to dps classes jugg, pt sin was a good idea.... and STILL, no word of it being FIXED. EVER ! ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Its the reason that healers were obliterated with the last nerf, a bunch of no-skill chumps complaining how hard it was to kill a healer because they do not know how to play. Then they pretty much eliminate all healers. L2P.

this post was ironic. someone telling someone else "L2P" while at the same time calling healers "obliterated". Im a DPS 90% of the time, but for the last week have played merc/op/sorc hlr in non set bonus gear, healing 3-4m a match and doing hmfps for farming. heals are not broken. no skill players just cant roll their face on their keyboard an pull 3.5m heals on sorc anymore.

There is nothing wrong with DPS being able to guard.

If you truly believe that then you are the problem on why Bioware listens to the masses on what is supposed to be balanced, and what needs adressed.

What it should be is Tank can only guard, and has to be in tank gear.

Tanks should not be able to wear dps gear and dps should not have tank utilities. Taunts, guard, ect. Dps is dps, tank is tank and healers are healers.

That is suppose to be the trinity here, unless Bioware wants this game to be like Rift or Guildwars or Final Fantasy...

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Not working, i see more and more skilled tanks swapping guard buff.

I totally agree that skank-tanks guarding everyone on warzones is a cancer, it ruins pvp and way too opped. Tre is not suffering much but harbringer (republic side) and t3m4 are suffering with army of skank- tanks premades guarding everyone and making their teams unkillable. I never saw any mmo with such opped guard ability in pvp, it makes fights useless and stupid.

/signed

I am so very confused by this post. Setting side the rediculousnes of this thread and thinking that skank tanks are op right now.

First u complain about not having enough dps to kill a healer tank combo. Then you complain that skank tanks do too much dps....