Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to nerf Deception assassin's dps or everyone will play only assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Time to nerf Deception assassin's dps or everyone will play only assassin

CaptRogue
11.04.2019 , 10:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
This seems like a bit of an overstatement. If anyone 4v1s then it isn't the class, it's the low skill of the opponents. No class is outdamaging others by 4 times and livinig through 4 people damaging them.
Not considering that the 3-4 vs the 1 where basically fresh 75's aka low iLvl gear compared to a geared 306.
I didn't claim to be the best, as I was on my weak dps sage when I was running that one, but as I glanced at all our iLvls as the match was ending, I think the highest iLvl in our group was a 280+ but when I did a quick scan of what I could of the enemies, they were all 300+ so not it's not an overstatement.

Like I said give it a few weeks & it will level out.
The ones wrecking ppl & being OP right now are just the players who have no RL & have run hundreds of HS or stealth RR & then spent millions on their tacts/amps w set bonus so they can be the best & then claim gearing was easy.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

bladech
11.04.2019 , 12:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
As it was stated here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971121
And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971148
And here https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970466
And from my personal experience doing 8.7 k dps per second with 70k crits i can definitely confirm that deception assassin needs dps nerf.
With tactical items like double force cloak or life warden and unfair opportunity for stealth classes to swap different tactical items with using vanish and getting out of combat (which other classes can't do since they can't so easily go out of combat) deception assassin's are not so squishy and easy targets as they were before. Yet now with super set bonuses which makes their dps insane, assassin's dps is 3x more compared to other classes. More overall dps, bigger single crits, more control abilities, taunts and guard makes other classes irrelevant and useless in pvp and pve.

Making deception assassin's so strong was a huge mistakes which already resulted in everyone playing this class.
I agree here. Just check it - https://imgur.com/a/weZr6Vj
Sin top dps, sin has 21k protection, sin 300k healing (from what lol?From swaping damn tactical items ofcourse). This is a joke..one class can guard, cc, taunt, survive and do top dps.... time to go playing sin

dipstik
11.04.2019 , 01:30 PM | #23
nm... how did i end up in the pvp forums...

Josewales
11.04.2019 , 02:52 PM | #24
I started farming for crafting. Bumped into a few fresh 70 sins last two days questing.

Banderal
11.04.2019 , 03:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
nm... how did i end up in the pvp forums...
Looks like the thread got moved. Not sure why. Seems like there were plenty of PvE people replying about how it would affect PvE... and a general nerf thread is not really a "pvp only" thing. So weird.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

ottffsse
11.04.2019 , 03:35 PM | #26
People complained on first round of pts that sins were not pulling their weight on dummies (rightly), and in classic bioware style they buffed their set etc "merc" style.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

omaan
11.04.2019 , 03:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
I agree here. Just check it - https://imgur.com/a/weZr6Vj
Sin top dps, sin has 21k protection, sin 300k healing (from what lol?From swaping damn tactical items ofcourse). This is a joke..one class can guard, cc, taunt, survive and do top dps.... time to go playing sin
Pretty proves much my point. Today one of sins rushed in enemy team without stealth in hope to taunt them from his jugg team mates. And it worked pretty good..he used two force cloaks one by one then saber ward with deflection utility then he vanished regen to full hp and while running back changed his tactical item to life warden which allowed him to heal himself greatly when we rushed him second time... if sins can allow themselves such bold and fearless zerg means they are same as tanks lol

Jdast
11.04.2019 , 03:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Pretty proves much my point. Today one of sins rushed in enemy team without stealth in hope to taunt them from his jugg team mates. And it worked pretty good..he used two force cloaks one by one then saber ward with deflection utility then he vanished regen to full hp and while running back changed his tactical item to life warden which allowed him to heal himself greatly when we rushed him second time... if sins can allow themselves such bold and fearless zerg means they are same as tanks lol
What is your proposed solution that does not impact PvE?

Dasty

Seterade
11.04.2019 , 05:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
What is your proposed solution that does not impact PvE?

Dasty
increased sustained dps and reduce burst windows.

dps in swtor is balanced around two things, sustained damage and burst windows. burst win control pvp, meanwhile both sustained damage and burst perform well in pve, although sus dmg performs better because it tends to have better energy managment... ie for longer fights.

ThePsyEagle
11.04.2019 , 06:02 PM | #30
How about we wait with calling for nerfs untill everyone is geared? The only reason you see people getting upset right now about sins is because they were the first geared people. So they were pretty abundant in pvp in the first week while a lot of other classes/people still had 270-280 gear. And just because a class got something new and you haven't learned to deal with it yet doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. Don't get me wrong, there might be a nerf needed, I just don't want to get them nerfed to the ground again because everyone is upset about it.
Little sidenote: I am saying all this as a non-sin main