[1.3] What we know so far:

Deewe

Here's the "known" entries on 1.3:

• Feature heavy, content light patch
  • LFG tool (not cross server atm) + teleport to instance = main feature
  • Character transfers
  • Augment slot will be addable to all gear. [Official interview on crew skills changes]
  • Social gear usable efficiently for all classes
  • Legacy features seen in the Coming soon tab added.
  • Legacy will provide unlockable experience boost for completing space missions
  • Incentives for completing a daily random Flashpoint
  • Slight possibility ranked wazones hits 1.3
  • No new warzones
  • No new Operation or Flashpoint
  • No substantial UI changes
  • No substantial Guild mechanics changes
  • No new gear
  • No dual specs
  • All the above are from various more or less official sources and subject to change.

Duffy one pic wrap-up, rumors included ;)source and related article (As always great work, thanks to her!)

IGN article is up: source

From the shadows our (German?) friend Ortagos points us at a great wrap-up:

........Darth Hater: Update 1.3 Primer

Thanks to Vareras for the initial wrap-up:

I can if you'd like.

Basically from what they said during it this is what we know about 1.3

- It will have an LFG tool that will allow us to select the role we're willing to perform, choose between Heroic Missions, Normal Flashpoints, Hardmode Flashpoints, and Story Mode Operations and that choosing random may reward us once a day.

- Social gear will finally adapt to our armor type and by what was said there may be other gear that comes along that will adapt to your armor type that is not considered social gear. Though I may be reading too much into that last part.

- The item modification tables will finally have a use. You can take your current gear and add an augment slot to them instead of having to deal with the rather involving processes necessary to get crit-crafted gear either from your own profession or someone else.

- The Legacy system will be expanded with the items already seen in the Coming Soon tab of it. Those are character perks, not global unlocks. They are specific to the character you use to purchase them and will do things like speed up leveling in certain areas of the game and give you little convenience functions like saying you want your first speeder at level 10 instead of 25.

- 1.3 will be a feature heavy, content light patch. What I assume they mean is that we probably won't see many additions to the playspace. Maybe a new Flashpoint and Operation. Possibly the dailies and the new HK-51 companion according to the datamined info from back in February. However, we will be seeing a lot of additions that aren't about what we interact with but how we interact with them and things that alter what we currently have in the game.

That's pretty much the extent of what was said.

- 1.4 "is shaping up to be quite an impressive patch". Yes, they mentioned 1.4 in the podcast.

Official word:

Hello everyone,

We understand that you would like as much information as possible about upcoming content and we have several tools available to help everyone track the latest updates from our development team.

The first is our Developer Tracker, which lists the latest posts from developers, as well as our Community Managers and Coordinators.

Secondly, our Community Blog hosts news, maintenance reminders, and in-depth posts from developers as well.

Also, we have our Q&A's where we answer your questions about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Our latest one just went up today and you can find it here -

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-may-11th-2012

By clicking the "community q&a" tag at the bottom you'll find our archive of past Q&A's here:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/tag/community%20q%2526a

Our next Q&A is focused specifically on Update 1.3, so we encourage you to ask your questions in this thread:

Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

We hope that helps! Thank you!

Will try to keep this topic updated.

P.S.: [Legacy in 1.3] & beyond: suggestions compendium

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Deewe!

Thanks for this great thread! This is exactly the kind of helpful and constructive threads we like to see.

To be totally honest both you and Varteras did all the job here.

I wish the higher echelons would have made something along this before mentioning the QA is based on 1.3.

Hopefully next time ;)

Edited by Deewe

Add that the LFG tool is NOT cross server as of right now.

How could it be?. From what I've read, it's only an easier/more automated version of the existing LFG functionality. It isn't an "LFD". it (apparently) only assists in forming a group, and doesn't (apparently) actually do anything else (like move you to an instance, or where the heroic is, or where the mission NPC is, or any of that). How would grouping up with people on different servers help any?

So....if I'm reading this right about the coming soon Legacy stuff. The rank 1-5 increase in xp for space missions, FP and WZ will be character only? If I purchase these on my lvl 50 main, these perks will not apply to my lvl 22 Bounty Hunter? With the over pricing on Legacy as it is....how do you expect my alt to have millions of credits?

If someone says mail the credits to the toon.....I have read horror stories, of players doing this(in this game). The credits never appear to said character's mail. CSR response was basically tough break.

So....if I'm reading this right about the coming soon Legacy stuff. The rank 1-5 increase in xp for space missions, FP and WZ will be character only? If I purchase these on my lvl 50 main, these perks will not apply to my lvl 22 Bounty Hunter? With the over pricing on Legacy as it is....how do you expect my alt to have millions of credits?

If someone says mail the credits to the toon.....I have read horror stories, of players doing this(in this game). The credits never appear to said character's mail. CSR response was basically tough break.

Correct. The upcoming Legacy additions found in the Coming Soon tab will only apply to the character that purchases them. If you buy them on your level 50 main they will only apply to your level 50 main. They will not apply to your level 22 BH. We have no clue how much these will cost at the moment however I would strongly doubt that such character perks will be anywhere near as costly as the Global Unlocks considering that they do only affect one character whereas the Global ones apply to all characters. That you only need to purchase them once for your entire Legacy from now until the end of the game is likely justification for the high costs.

I'm not sure about the horror stories as I have yet to attempt to mail any amount of credits from one character to the next considering that I have been completely capable of making the credits necessary for that character while playing them.

In addition, back to the idea of pricing, considering that the enhanced leveling perks for flashpoints, warzones, and space missions seem to be added with the idea of allowing your character to almost completely if not completely bypass faction stories and just stick with class stories and those particular areas of the game I doubt that the prices will be anything extravagant. I would assume that they are already considering the fact that a significant portion of your earnings from your main character will be going to things like the expensive global unlocks and thus you may not have the spare funds to send to your multiple lower level Legacy characters. If they don't make them affordable to even a low level character then that would mean you would have to still go through much of the faction stories to achieve the appropriate amount of credits or keep them on hold until your main can afford them instead. Either way would be defeating the purpose in my opinion.

To be totally honest both you and Varteras did all the job here.

I wish the higher echelons would have made something along this before mentioning the QA is based on 1.3.

Hopefully next time ;)

pftt somone is looking for a beta keyyy...

oh wait its not 2011

--------------

Thanks for makin this thread ;p

Edited by Anti_Bodies

You mention some incentive to do a random daily FP? Is this confirmed, and if so any source? Would like more info on just cause well it sounds great :) I'm sick of seeing lfg BT hm speedrun everyday lol.

"However, if you play the random game, especially for flashpoints and heroic flashpoints, and you just set yourself purely random then like yeah we are going to throw a cookie at you. We are going to give you, I forgot what the itemization guys ended up offering, but you are going to want to try to do a random dungeon day I believe. The patch is also mostly going to be a features patch. It’s going to have a slightly shorter development time than the last patch and it is going to be content light, but it is going to have a heavy focus on a couple of key features that we felt were really important to be giving to you guys."

http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-official-podcast-episode-i

Any news on class balance?

None so far. Personally I'm not expecting anywhere near the class changes that came in 1.2 but I'm sure there will be some at least.

Edited by Varteras

"However, if you play the random game, especially for flashpoints and heroic flashpoints, and you just set yourself purely random then like yeah we are going to throw a cookie at you. We are going to give you, I forgot what the itemization guys ended up offering, but you are going to want to try to do a random dungeon day I believe. The patch is also mostly going to be a features patch. It’s going to have a slightly shorter development time than the last patch and it is going to be content light, but it is going to have a heavy focus on a couple of key features that we felt were really important to be giving to you guys."

http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-official-podcast-episode-i

It might also mean 1.4 would be a content heavy patch :)

None so far. Personally I'm not expecting anywhere near the class changes that came in 1.2 but I'm sure there will be some at least.

We can expect there will always be classes fixes.

Greetings everyone,

You may be interested to know that Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson and Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert talked a little about what to expect in the most recent

. You can jump right to the section where they start talking about Game Update 1.3 here:

Hope this helps!

Will you be able to add those augment slot to social gear?

It will allow you to use item modification table anywhere in the game to add an augment slot to any piece of wearable gear armor and get that augment slot so that will pretty much allow all of our gear at the end game to be equivalent to each other, which will solve a lot of the itemization problems that we have had in the past.

in the Podcast

Edited by Deewe