Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
08.02.2019 , 03:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
1.I have tried it multiple times within the 5 hours I have been on the PTS server.

3. Until you can show me a screenshot or some other proof of BS doing more damage than 35k I won’t believe you
Good policy. I'll bet his "five friends" are called Pinky, Ring, Middle, Index and Thumb...

memerobot
08.02.2019 , 03:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Good policy. I'll bet his "five friends" are called Pinky, Ring, Middle, Index and Thumb...
Read all the posts first before you act that way, really...

BillyPotatoes
08.02.2019 , 09:48 PM | #23
I have been testing the Medicine Operative healing changes on the PTS and overall I have been pretty underwhelmed.
Keep in mind I am posting about PvE.

I'll start with the positives.
I like the new ability, Tactical Overdrive. It is nice to be able to reset the CD on Stim Boost, since it has so many different reasons to use it. I'll feel better about using Stim Boost aggressively, knowing I can have a backup if I need it as a defensive later. A 1 minute cooldown seems strange, a 1.5 or 2 min cooldown might me more appropriate. Not 3 minutes though.

Now everything else.
The only set bonus worth using is the Aggressive Treatment set, which causes Toxic Haze to heal for a minor amount. I imagine that either the wording is wrong or the heal is stronger than intended, since it makes each Toxic Haze tick heal for the same amount as each tick of Kolto Waves. That is not a minor amount.

-The other bonuses are so unimportant I would consider using 3 different (2) piece set bonuses instead, just for the extra stats. If Aggressive Treatment gets nerfed, it will bring the number of set bonuses I want to take down from 1 to 0. They just don't really matter.
-The Berserker set bonus has been changed and is no longer an alternative for healers.

The tacticals feel more useful than the set bonuses.
-The Diagnosis Probe reducing the cast time of Kolto Injection is nice, and feels good to use.
-The additional healing on Kolto Waves will be good in heavy AoE situations, so the Regenerative Waves tactical is fine in my book. Although it doesn't work well with the Aggressive Treatment set, so that is currently a big downside.
-Critical Surgery looks nice, but isn't quite enough. Having it only active on only such low health targets makes it a nice backup, however it goes against the general playstyle of the class. I would rather prevent major problems than try to catch up.

Moving onto the utility changes. The way the utilities are divided now causes so many useful utilities to be in the Heroic tier. Having only 3 points to put in Heroic, while being forced to put 6 in the other tiers just feels bad. I end up putting filler points into some utilities to get to the heroic tier, just to be punished by having all the ones I used to care about shoved into the last tier.

Lastly, it seems as though the overall healing numbers haven't increased as much as I would have thought, considering how much the player health pools have increased. Although to be fair I haven't done as much testing as I would have liked to figure it out for sure.

Overall, I feel as though Operative healers are losing more than they are gaining in 6.0.
I will miss the autocrit Kolto Injection, the reduced CD on Recuperative Nanotech, and the reduced energy cost of Kolto Infusion.

Delani
08.03.2019 , 12:38 AM | #24
Operative tactical item suggestion,

exfiltrate meters increased to xx

AUTChris
08.03.2019 , 02:21 AM | #25
I think the Surgical Probe Tactical should be changed to:
Increases Surgical Probe Critical Chance by the amount of health the target is missing

So at 60% target health you'd get +40% crit chance, at 30% health +70% crit chance and so on

PrivateerArris
08.03.2019 , 03:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PrivateerArris View Post
About lethality operative.
Tactical Items:
1. Synox Shots - Toxic Blast does 50% more damage. Useless. Suggestion - none. Its useless.
Lethal Strike increase your movement speed by 50% for X seconds and increase duration of Augmented Toxins for X seconds

Drunken-Monkey
08.03.2019 , 08:13 AM | #27
Since nobody already brought this topic to the table, I want add for consideration, that nerfing the roll (effectively double it's cooldown) will have a huge impact on the class in PvP.

Please consider, that the roll fulfills many tasks. It's not only a defensive CD, but it's basically (except from holotraverse) our only relevant movement skill. You depend on it for chasing/gap closing AND running away.

The nerf doesn't affect medicine so much, since it relies more on healing/facetanking anyway. In fact, it could even mean a small buff, since you don't need to roll twice all 10 seconds for the unshakebale buff, but once.

But for the DD specs, especially for concealment, the nerf will hurt the class much. Tbh, in the light of all the new defensive abilities, which are granted to other classes, a nerf was the last I expected.
Tactical overdrive and thus a second stim boost won't save any operative under pressure. 20% DR and a small heal have literally no effect when 3 or 4 people are hitting you (arena). You most likely don't get the chance to activate stim boost a second time anyway, since you already died.

Please keep this in mind: Operative is (most likely) the best dueling class (if played correctly), BUT dueling is no game mode (except from community events like the URC). I know, that dueling has it's place in regs and arenas. It happens now and then. And an operative who knows his way around can stall caps almost endlessly (against inexpericend players). But the same could be said about snipers, assassins, sorcs and mercs (and I don't even put healer specs in this equation). But you should balance a class around most common situations and not around special occurences.

Every class has it's place and situation to shine. And that's absolutely fine. The perfect balance cannot be achieved, except you make all classes equal, which would result in the most boring game ever.
But I belief, you can make at least every class/spec VIABLE. Not perfectly balanced but viable.

Conclusion: Usually I don't forecast the sky will fall on a class premature in the forefront of a major update. It's hard to tell, how things work out in PvP's "everday life", but in this case "I have a very bad feeling about this..."
Inkabunga - ToFN RIP

PrivateerArris
08.03.2019 , 09:55 AM | #28
PVP. Ok, lets duscuss jesus immortal roll in conceal or roll + holotraverse on hutball as example

Its NEED to be nerf and increase cooldown very soft nerf in current situation

Iymurra
08.03.2019 , 10:10 AM | #29
I agree with you in theory that concealments roll needed to be nerfed to a degree.
However, roll (as stated) is an integral part of the operatives survivability.
With roll essentially being nerfed to 50% uptime from previous, how are Operatives going to increase their survivability?

cibacrome
08.03.2019 , 11:18 AM | #30
Right now I'm liking Leth Op PVE, but that thing that everyone is concerned about has already reared its head, and that's the tendency to funnel down to meta. The way stats are now, there seems to be only one choice for DPS and that's 2% accuracy 2-set, and berserker 4 set, plus maybe 2 tacticals - greased lightning, viral elements (for fights with adds).

To between the new accuracy & alacrity thresholds, both of which are mandatory to reach, it just doesn't make sense to take sets without the 2% accuracy buff. I've tried several of the op sets that seemed to make sense, and they're a big nerf vs the accuracy + berserker set from general.

Viral elements is super fun in mobs / adds situations. I think greased lightning might be bugged, seems like it'd be more of a boost than it is. I can't find another leth op tactical that makes any sense for lethality, whereas concealement & medicine have several choices specific to their abilities.