Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank (im)balance

allexj
10.10.2019 , 07:12 AM | #21
I have been a assin tank since launch. Pve sin has always been at the top for tanks but for pvp they have always been at the bottom for tanking unless they have a pocket healer atleast as far as I can remember. I am excluding shank tank from the statement as that just a dps really. You can't nerf the dcds without making sin useless in pvp. Inorder for the class to be useful in one area they have to very strong in another.

How to fix this I have no idea. I have honestly been of the option that removing stealth from the tank sin and making it a defensive was the best option. But truthfully I got nothing.
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

MasterRummy
10.10.2019 , 05:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
I have been a assin tank since launch. Pve sin has always been at the top for tanks but for pvp they have always been at the bottom for tanking unless they have a pocket healer atleast as far as I can remember. I am excluding shank tank from the statement as that just a dps really. You can't nerf the dcds without making sin useless in pvp. Inorder for the class to be useful in one area they have to very strong in another.

How to fix this I have no idea. I have honestly been of the option that removing stealth from the tank sin and making it a defensive was the best option. But truthfully I got nothing.
well their new setbonus, when ever its actually available to use, will help out in many different ways.........like 1% affectiveness.....

I have a feeling that all tanks are going to hurt going forward in 6.0 outside of the tacticals if they actually work, as I have yet to see them work......

ShinLunaAzure
10.10.2019 , 10:46 PM | #23

Speaking of skank tanking why does bioware feel the ridiculous need to implement classwide nerfs across the board when they decide something is specifically out of whack in pvp? Bolster is already being applied in warzones anyway why not alter that? If they decide to suddenly nerf tank damage output for pvp it shouldn't also suddenly make tanks that much weaker in pve as well.
May the force ever serve you.

allexj
10.11.2019 , 12:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ShinLunaAzure View Post
Speaking of skank tanking why does bioware feel the ridiculous need to implement classwide nerfs across the board when they decide something is specifically out of whack in pvp? Bolster is already being applied in warzones anyway why not alter that? If they decide to suddenly nerf tank damage output for pvp it shouldn't also suddenly make tanks that much weaker in pve as well.

Honestly I have never understood why they have never used bolter to fix the shank tank problem. The only thing you would have to do is make it check for spec, then check for the maximum allow dps stats on tank gear if it exceeds that limmit a reduction in stats is applied to ensure the spec is not overpowered.

MasterRummy
10.12.2019 , 06:21 PM | #25
Honestly I have never understood why they have never used bolter to fix the shank tank problem. The only thing you would have to do is make it check for spec, then check for the maximum allow dps stats on tank gear if it exceeds that limmit a reduction in stats is applied to ensure the spec is not overpowered.
Who other than the devs gives anyone the right to trash talk about peoples choice to gear their characters.

Some of the best tanks run more crit power and endurance..... just let it go...

allexj
10.12.2019 , 06:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRummy View Post
Who other than the devs gives anyone the right to trash talk about peoples choice to gear their characters.

Some of the best tanks run more crit power and endurance..... just let it go...
No one is trashing talking anything or anyone. I am a shank tank myself because tanking is almost useless in pvp which is why tank run offensive mods and augs. It is also a fact that shank tanks have the potential to be OP in pvp. The only way to fix this is by nerfing PvE which is where shadows are going to be at in 6.0.

MasterRummy
10.13.2019 , 04:33 PM | #27
No one is trashing talking anything or anyone. I am a shank tank myself because tanking is almost useless in pvp which is why tank run offensive mods and augs. It is also a fact that shank tanks have the potential to be OP in pvp. The only way to fix this is by nerfing PvE which is where shadows are going to be at in 6.0.
Sweet! Its great to know there are more tanks like us who like to modify our gear as we like. I think tanks will be nerfed big time as our set-bonuses are not priorty to our class. I checked all tanking classes and they are quite useless.....its more about tacticles and amps that I think will help us boost our numbers, yes outside using which augs we need

allexj
10.16.2019 , 12:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRummy View Post
Sweet! Its great to know there are more tanks like us who like to modify our gear as we like. I think tanks will be nerfed big time as our set-bonuses are not priorty to our class. I checked all tanking classes and they are quite useless.....its more about tacticles and amps that I think will help us boost our numbers, yes outside using which augs we need
And that is great for those who do that BUT once the imbalance hits we will be hit with a Nerf bars so hard we will be useless. This is what I'm trying avoid personally. Iv played shadows since launch. I have 5 of them and as of right now PvP wise they are just not where they need to be to even contend with top teir dps or even tanks for that matter.