where is mouse-look mode?

PeterisGls

Left mouse button down and drag? Not sure if that is what you are referring to though.

Nope. With "mode" I meant that its working that way automatically without pressing mouse button - FPS style camera if that makes things more clear.

Preferences >

Game Tab >

Controls >

Camera Rotation Speed

I dont need camera rotation speed (although mine are on 0 and still too fast), I need FPS style camera that follows mouse movement.

There isn't one. Never has been as the game wasn't designed to be played that way.

Which was another poor decision made by the original development team. SWG had "mouse look" mode and it was awesome. This game badly need the option to lock the cursor and look around by moving the mouse.

Are you sure you are not talking about fully zoomed in, which is similar to fps style?

they are talking about ESO and Neverwinter style mouse look, where you cannot just drag your cursor wherever you feel like as moving mouse= moving your camera. aka - clickers need not apply, as you cannot mouseover anything with cursor stuck in a center of the screen during active gameplay

this game was not designed for that. especially given the way healing and targeting works in this game.

Edited by Jeweledleah

The majority of modern games that I played before I began playing swtor were mouse-look games.. I greatly missed it and put a good deal of effort into trying to get it to work, without satisfactory results. Now I just keep my right-mouse button pressed wherever I go.

The funny part is that the game frequently bugs out and enters a state that mirrors mouselook mode exactly. :eek:

This happens on a 'soft load' (no loading screen, but changing location, like when you respawn at a med droid that's not too close or use an elevator) when you had your right mouse button pressed as the loading started.

Edited by cyrusramsey

This happens on a 'soft load' (no loading screen, but changing location, like when you respawn at a med droid that's not too close or use an elevator) when you had your right mouse button pressed as the loading started.

I've had it happen coming out of the settings or after closing windows on occasion. I think perhaps it doesn't always like having the bank, GTN, inventory, collections, character page and preview pane open all at once. LOL :D

Which was another poor decision made by the original development team. SWG had "mouse look" mode and it was awesome. This game badly need the option to lock the cursor and look around by moving the mouse.

Hasn't enough time passed now we can drop this "Well SWG had this in it" mentality?

Nope. With "mode" I meant that its working that way automatically without pressing mouse button - FPS style camera if that makes things more clear.

Which RPG in the recent years had it ? Because I can't remember any ...

I haven't played all RPGs in the recent years, though. Taste is a strange thing ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Can you imagine turning screen up or down if you want to click something?

• Confused 1

No mouse-look mode in game?!

/facepalm

/facedesk

About "game not designed for that" - ridiculous nonsense.

I hope somebody from bioware will be reading this topic.

Guys implement mouse-look mode.

about what MMORPG games have it - both games that are better than SWTOR - GW2 and TESO (and also NW).

Edited by PeterisGls

You're right, the entire topic is ridiculous nonsense since it is already a given that it was not designed this way, and you really can't expect them to recode the entire game just to use a technology that really hasn't been popular in most MMO's for years.

You're right, the entire topic is ridiculous nonsense since it is already a given that it was not designed this way, and you really can't expect them to recode the entire game just to use a technology that really hasn't been popular in most MMO's for years.

This.

• 5 months later...
No mouse-look mode in game?!

/facepalm

/facedesk

I hope somebody from bioware will be reading this topic.

Guys implement mouse-look mode.

about what MMORPG games have it - both games that are better than SWTOR - GW2 and TESO (and also NW).

The Secret World by pressing t.

Speaking as a software developer I can tell you now that it won't take much coding to swap things round so that mouselook is the default and a new key binding can be introduced for 'cursor-mode' or whatever you want to call it. Little bit of UI work in the preferences section to add an option to turn on this new mode if so desired. Seriously, this is simple work in the grand scheme of coding.

There may be some additional tweaks required to accommodate aspects of gameplay where mouselook is not appropriate, easily done, but already the game itself caters to a mode of gameplay that isn't reliant on clicking on targets in combat. Players who like to click on targets could continue playing with the right-click to mouselook gameplay, and players who like to select and cycle targets through the use of the keyboard could appreciate mouselook always being available.

Seriously, it's not rocket science :p

PS I really liked the helpful posts in this topic, such as the link to the Reddit post and links to other forum topics where this has already been discussed - really useful, thank you peeps!

Edited by LostScot
  • Thanks 1