dungeon Q when?

When will SWTOR have dungeon q's or is that comming soon or not at all? chats spammed with poeple LFGs I hate wow but the dungeon q system is pritty good will swtor ever be getting this ? dose anyone have any info on this?

To answer the intended question, the new "Looking for Group" tool will be released with the new patch. I do not believe the patch date will be announced before implementation. However, I would speculate it to be within the new few weeks. Edited by Wolventhorne

^This. I was unaware of the presence of dungeons in TOR. I thought they were called flashpoints and operations.

And Corso Riggs isn't a pet, he's a companion.

...with the intelligence of a pet.

When will SWTOR have dungeon q's or is that comming soon or not at all? chats spammed with poeple LFGs I hate wow but the dungeon q system is pritty good will swtor ever be getting this ? dose anyone have any info on this?

The group finder will be included in Update 1.3 - Legacy and Allies:

-You'll be able to select which instances (heroics, norm fp, hm fp, story op) you're willing to join and your role (tank, healer dps).

-If you choose to be in random fp mode, you'll get black hole commendations.

-It will be singe server, no cross-server.

-Once the team is ready you'll be able to teleport right inside the instance, at the beginning. For example, you could be on Tatooine questing and teleport inside Athiss fp.

-To prevent the leader to single-handedly kick anyone from the group, there will be a vote kick system. Everyone (beside the kicked player) will have to agree to kick someone.

Edited by Sammm

Goddamnit people, I thought we agreed to use no WoW terminology for this game. Please don't tell me the same bloody idiots that hangs around the Dungeon Queue all day will start playing when the group finder tool is implemented.

Can we just assume when people say "dungeon" they mean "flashpoint"? This constant need to correct people is getting tiresome. It's like people hate WOW so much that the word "dungeon" scares them,

It's still irritating when someone uses the wrong name. It would be nice if everything in MMOs didn't revolve around one particular game, bad enough that now every FPS revolves around COD and every TPS revolves around Uncharted.

gosh darnit people, I thought we agreed to use no WoW terminology for this game. Please don't tell me the same bloody idiots that hangs around the Dungeon Queue all day will start playing when the group finder tool is implemented.

The pathetic WoW refugees didn't go to Star Wars school before playing TOR.

Greetings everyone!

We have a few sources of information for you in regards to our Group Finder feature which is coming in Game Update 1.3!

From our Community Q + A Blog for May 25th, 2012:

Supaaq: I am extremely excited to see a Group Finder being added to SWTOR in Game Update 1.3. I would say of all the features I wish the game could have ASAP, that definitely tops my list. What else can you tell us about the specific implementation of this most welcome improvement? Will it automatically teleport group members to the entrance when the group forms?

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We are very, very close to releasing the full design of the feature in an imminent blog post written by yours truly. That being said, highlights do include that it can be used for flashpoints, heroic flashpoints, ops and planetary content. For the instanced combat, it will give you a free teleport to the content location once all group members agree to the group.

From our Community Q + A Blog for April 27th, 2012:

Lovarboy: Will we get dual spec with Game Update 1.3?

Daniel: Unfortunately, no. Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one.

From our latest Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I, you can find the following information:

•  

Eric: Speaking of systems that we are going to be able to iterate on, why don’t we talk a little about 1.3? 1.3 is our next content patch that is coming out, why don’t you guys talk a little bit about what players can expect to see in 1.3?

Damion: 1.3 is, well, it is the group finder patch. That’s not the official name, but really that is our top priority. We have some other features that we are going to go and put inside of it but really this is us really getting a group finder to you guys as fast as humanly possible.

Brooks: I am super excited about group finder because that is one of the biggest things that I have run into in lower game is finding groups and actually being able to run those flashpoints that I get. For players who have maybe never used a group finder before, and I know we have plenty of those, what is that actually going to look like in the game?

Damion: It is fairly simple and basically what we want to do is to give you a really simple front end that you can use as well as those give you the ability to fine tune your choices a little more so the really simple approach is you open a group finder you choose what role - tank, heal or DPS - that you are willing to fulfill and you can choose multiple if your class can fill multiple and then you choose what kind of content that you want to do and that content is going to be flashpoints, heroic flashpoints, operations although story mode operations only for now and then world content, the planetary content where you basically say I want a quest on Belsavis.

Then if you hit select from there, then it will try to find people who want to do that stuff. Now if there is a particular dungeon or particular planet that you want to do by default what it does it gets you to the level of appropriate flashpoints for you. If you really want to the quest in the Mandalorian Raiders flashpoint for example you can go and unselect everything else and just say, "Hey, I just want to sign up for that." And the group finder will try to find other people who are looking for that content as well so that is a great way for you to target certain quests that you want to accomplish. We felt that was important in our game because of where the game is right now where people are trying to clear out their quest logs and accomplish certain goals in certain places.

If you would like to discuss our latest podcast, you can do so in this thread:

Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

Edited by Ellvaan

gosh darnit people, I thought we agreed to use no WoW terminology for this game. Please don't tell me the same bloody idiots that hangs around the Dungeon Queue all day will start playing when the group finder tool is implemented.

well dungeon is definitely not a WoW terminology and I'm sure what they are refering to is actually an instance (and we can all agree the flashpoints and operations are instances ;D)

either way... I'm pretty sure they will, considering that people never even bothered using the original LFG function because everyone wanted a freaking dungeon finder (I'm serious, people I asked to join the global lfg channel even said they would refuse because they went a dungeon finder tool. *headdesk*)