Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

Just spitballing here, since this has my creative juices flowing:

Not all guilds are the same and it seems a shame to simply have 'one' ship fit all, as it goes.

I'm suggesting that there be a list of ships, each more and more expensive than the last, larger and more impressive, all the way up to Harrower-sized ships.

Because, seriously, a guild of 10 players shouldn't have the same ship as a guild of 300+ players.

Also, consider the idea of letting us decorate the outside of our Guild ship, even if it costs credits. I want my guild to stand out of the crowd.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it as the basic Sky Palace costs 250k, and the 3 rooms cost together 1,250k (guess there might be differenced sized roomes which do not cost all the same).

That makes more sense. After all, it is Nar Shaddaa, where (I am assuming) cost of living is high.

Or the cost increases with each additional room

I can see that as well.

Guess that leads me to:

Is 250k the standard price for each stronghold, or is that because of The Hutt Tax? Will Coruscant's/Dk's be cheaper?

Looks awesome, but I'm confused on whether or not strongholds will be shared across your legacy, or character specific. i.e. Do I have to buy it for every character, or just once per planet?
I wish I could remember where I read it, but one of the press releases (or developer comments ... or some other source I've been tearing through today in search of crumbs of information to whet my appetite) implied that we could have more than one house per Legacy. I inferred from that suggestive implication that houses are "per character" not "per account." But I may be mistaken. I confess that I may have misconstrued my personal and possibly flawed interpretation of whatever ostensibly reliable source I was skimming through very quickly.

Now, my questions: Legacy Vault. I'm very unclear on this feature. Where/how will we access this? Do I have to have a house to do so? Do I need access to my Guild's Flagship to do so? Will there be Legacy Vaults on Fleet (like Guild Vaults)? Can we deposit bound items? I assume we will be able to buy multiple bays ... will we be able to do so with credits, CC, or both?

I wish I could remember where I read it, but one of the press releases (or developer comments ... or some other source I've been tearing through today in search of crumbs of information to whet my appetite) implied that we could have more than one house per Legacy. I inferred from that suggestive implication that houses are "per character" not "per account." But I may be mistaken. I confess that I may have misconstrued my personal and possibly flawed interpretation of whatever ostensibly reliable source I was skimming through very quickly.

Now, my questions: Legacy Vault. I'm very unclear on this feature. Where/how will we access this? Do I have to have a house to do so? Do I need access to my Guild's Flagship to do so? Will there be Legacy Vaults on Fleet (like Guild Vaults)? Can we deposit bound items? I assume we will be able to buy multiple bays ... will we be able to do so with credits, CC, or both?

They've said that the Legacy Storage will be attached to our Strongholds.

We can have more then 1 house.

Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa or both – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!

But it doesn't really specificy if it's 1 house per toon or not.

If I were a betting man, I would say it would be globally shared, as the article did say your legacy can own multiple Strongholds. But if EA/Bioware is looking to cash in on this, it might be one per character.

They've said that the Legacy Storage will be attached to our Strongholds.

Yeah that suggests the strongholds will be legacy related also , as in , all our characters per server share one. Not sure though as my sniper might not like sleeping in a used bed , even if they are part of my family. Hope they wash their feet!

Anyway the legacy bank makes me very happy , I spent about 2-3 hours searching for the old equivalent of basic armor mods etc the other night , the 66 purple or blue mods for a character at level 53. So in future I could send my augmented armor to a companion of another etc. Awesome very very awesome!

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Watch the official Galactic Strongholds announcement trailer and get ready to customize your personal Strongholds and launch your Guild Flagship in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds, coming this summer!

Watch Here!

Nice. Being a social expansion, will it also include the long-promised and eagerly awaited option to toggle on chat bubbles, Tait? There are many people that wish to know that so they can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. Edited by Glzmo

Yeah that suggests the strongholds will be legacy related also , as in , all our characters per server share one. Not sure though as my sniper might not like sleeping in a used bed , even if they are part of my family. Hope they wash their feet!

Anyway the legacy bank makes me very happy , I spent about 2-3 hours searching for the old equivalent of basic armor mods etc the other night , the 66 purple or blue mods for a character at level 53. So in future I could send my augmented armor to a companion of another etc. Awesome very very awesome!

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Indeed. I have 5 chars with 5 cargo bays maxed out with 5 tabs and I'm running out of space again. Consolidating stuff in a Legacy bank will be very very very very useful to me.

I'm a happy Sith today.

Uhm... Maybe someone asked before but didn't see it.

If I'm a subscriber, the free strongholds are fixed on Nar Shadaa, and still have to buy the apartment if I want to reside on the capital worlds?

(I like the annuncement, and greatful, and even see the logistical reasons, but still hate that glitter sprayed hutt trashdump :t_biggrin:)

Do you think it will be tied into fleet chat or have it's own chat?

I pick up a lot of PUG runs from fleet. I would hate to spend money on a house, decorate it up and never actually spend time there cause I need to stay on fleet to grab some pick up runs.

Do you think it will be tied into fleet chat or have it's own chat?

I pick up a lot of PUG runs from fleet. I would hate to spend money on a house, decorate it up and never actually spend time there cause I need to stay on fleet to grab some pick up runs.

I'm going to bet that we'll see the bulk of the fleet population move to Coruscant/DK once Strongholds open, especially since they'll have all the amenities of Fleet. GTN, Quest terminals and the like, and if you need to get to an OP, no-CD Fleet Pass to the rescue.

I wonder if the PVP terminal (And PVE terminal and missions) and the augmentation table will be also inside the house, those are important as the PVP terminal is basically the only reason im at the fleet instead of my ship

This is very exciting news for everyone! Only question is this the only xpac coming this year or will we still see a lvl bump, new planet, new talents, changes to pvp etc? I love the idea of all this, I guess I'm just excited to see new pve/pvp content. Thanks!

This is very exciting news for everyone! Only question is this the only xpac coming this year or will we still see a lvl bump, new planet, new talents, changes to pvp etc? I love the idea of all this, I guess I'm just excited to see new pve/pvp content. Thanks!

They've said that a Makeb-sized expansion 'will' happen this year. I'm betting it'll be closer to December.

They said there would be BOTH a GSF sized expac AND a Makeb sized expac this year. Unless there are a lot of not yet announced features, this would seem to be the GSF sized one. So I would assume we will see something even bigger later in the year, perhaps a level increase.

Wow, I am absolutely psyched about this.

I really didn't expect Guild Cap Ships to have become a reality off of the wall of crazy this soon, or Legacy storage for that matter. And I didn't expect worlds other than DK/Coruscant at launch (figured they'd all be rolled out down the line).

Major props for EA/BW:

• Rolling out this many highly-requested features together
  • Emphasizing in the preview that credits will be a way to unlock a lot of it
  • Integrating crafting, reputation, etc. into the customization
  • Continuing the GSF trend of a free digital expansion, with the subscriber early access - plus significant bonuses (I've definitely been feeling the subscriber love ever since GSF early launch)
  • In the same patch as early access for this (2.8) they're also rolling out DP NiM and a new ship class for GSF - I just think it's a nice touch that they're showing they are still supporting other aspects of the game while (understandably) focusing on this new feature

Now a bit of good natured ribbing and a genuine question (borderline concern):

• Your apartment is your "Stronghold"? Afraid housing sounds too much like playing with dolls so you had to "action" up the name a bit? :p (Or just trying to counter WoD's "Garrisons"?). Hell, call it your "X-treme War-Death Fortress of Awesome" for all I really care, but I just found that funny.

• They specifically mentioned credits being usable in unlocking the housing part, but nothing about whether Legacy Storage or Guild Capital Ships will be CC only unlocks, Now info on those two features is still really light at this stage, so maybe that's the only reason - but it was something I noticed.

See? Everything works out in the end. I have been telling you guys to just be patient and look what happens? Don't sweat anything too much. The developers really care about giving the players features that they want. It just takes time. We are slowly getting the content that will make this game standout from the crowd and over time it will be the biggest game ever.

I can't wait for player housing and to live on Nar Shaddaa. It is my favorite planet in Star Wars. It's going to be great. Somewhere to relax, customize and have a home. Your ship is just to get around the galaxy. It is not supposed to be a home so no sense complaining about that. Just think, you are going to have a home in Star Wars: The Old Republic. A year ago, nobody saw that coming but some still had hope.

Guild ships are another thing many, many people have wanted since the game came out. I remember them talking at the first guild summit saying they were probably going to work on guild ships but it will take some time. Well, look what is happening? We are now getting them later this year. A place for your guild to be one and all that. It's going to be great.

Just please always remember. There is always hope on the horizon. The best thing to do is to be optimistic. It pays off. Trust me. It shows time and time again. There will be more coming that we the players want in this game. The things that are in the game or coming in the game will always get more additions to make them more appealing and fun. Make no mistake about that. Don't sweat things, don't worry too much, don't think it's not going to happen. The are getting a lot of money on this game now and pushing out the content pretty fast and with quality.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a great game that will keep growing and getting more things to do. I hope that everybody likes the announcements and just have fun!