Hacks in WZ still?

DasEmperor

Go up against a team in huttball and jsut get spammed with force pushes. I figure hey they got a lot of annoying sorcs and **** and whatever

So I see a lvl 20 marauder, jump to her, and immediately just get pushed back and bounce off

How the hell does that even work?

Force push? Sith Inquisitors have "Overload" ("Force Wave" for the Jedi equivalent). That's on a 20 second CD (can be reduced to 15), and has a small amount of resolve to it, so it can be used multiple times. Especially if there is another utility active that makes use of a root.

What you are describing just makes it sound like you were Overloaded several times, by several players, and unsurprisingly like many other people who have very little knowledge of PvP, and other classes' abilities just come here to complain.

Edited by MasterFeign

So I see a lvl 20 marauder, jump to her, and immediately just get pushed back and bounce off

• A Powertech or Assassin tank pulled you back?
  • A Sorc or Merc or Assassin (in stealth?) was near the Mara and pushed you away?
  • Random lag spike caused the server to reposition you or the Mara (who then was out of your reach)?
  • You are usually the "hacker" and accidentally activated your lag switch?
  • The mara is the "hacker" and by chance used his lagswitch just in time to ruin your jump?
  • You are well known to be a pro-PVPer, a true force to be reckoned with, so someone spied out your IP, and when the Mara saw you jumping at him, he told his hacker-buddies to start a DDOS attack on your computer to create a lagspike?
  • You are well known to be a pro-PVPer, a true force to be reckoned with, so someone gained access to your computer and installed a modified game client, that will have you automatically bounce off when you jump at one of their guildies?

Edited by Mubrak

Go up against a team in huttball and jsut get spammed with force pushes. I figure hey they got a lot of annoying sorcs and **** and whatever

I do this on my sin all the time it is so fun to see some one leaping to you only to hit them with overload mid air. And yes it can be done by very good pvper with out hacking. Did this to a jugg once just to put his leap on CD from the pit as I let him leap to me only to knock him right back into the pit. My team stated to complain saying you idiot don't let him leap to you. Only to go lol nice when he was back in the pit with no way to get in the EZ before death. Since we had a few none stealth players coming out of our spawn point... One of those player had already let the jugg leap and get one score. The jugg rage was fun as the person knew i did it on purpose i told him don't try the weak leap crap here... We won the match because i kept making sure the Jugg could not stay in the EZ to score the rest of the match.

Edited by Neoforcer

Queshball's pipes have always been buggy. A warrior jumping to someone on a pie doesn't always work. Also overload sort of works as a 3D space, if there was a sorc below you and they jumped at the same time as using overload, it can have a chance to effect you. But even your poor description still sounds like latency, game mechanics in general and at very best, bugs in general. But definitely not hacks.

I'm fairly confident the enemy Marauder and I weren't near anyone else at the time.

She was standing alone on the pipe during huttball, and I jumped to her and just bounced off.

What probably happened is that the Mara was standing close enough to the edge that when you leaped to him you fell, can do that on any class to any of the leaps if you stand RIGHT next to the edge. The quesh pit pipes are a bit different since you can fall off of them easier so many people have this happen even by accident

Edited by Nic__

Saying that hacking doesn't exist in SWTOR is quickly rising to the level of the Earth being flat and Elvis being alive somewhere in Cincinnati...

Hacking exists, but a hacker can only manipulate his own speed and position, not someone else's unless he's directly attacking/manipulating that person's internet connection. Not unheard of in competitive MMOs or MOBBAs, but it requires some groundwork to get the victim's IP. Someone doing this to a random player in lowbie warzones in SWTOR could just as well be Elvis himself; wouldn't be any less likely.

Like Nic wrote, now that we know that the OP jumped to a player that stood on a pipe, the OP most likely bounced off the pipe not the mara, i.e. the engine didn't register that he stood on the pipe. Everyone who did the datacrons knows that this happens a lot in this engine.

Edited by Mubrak

• 1 year later...
There are hackers in PVP but no-one *********** listens and they all say "Aww git gud, you suck, you're just bad" until it happens to them and then they start complaining and the cycle of idiots repeats itself.

If there weren't hackers in the game, a **** ton of people wouldn't be complaining about it.

It's blatantly effing clear as to reason why there are so many people complaining about hacking but

BEAware doesn't do **** because they can't do ****.

actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...makes more sense for them drum up conspiracy theory bs...in life the people most in denial about a subject are most likely to be the ones doing it...hacks and cheats exist and since swtor is a dying game the mods and devs dont do squat about it...u see it in pvp all the time

the whole get gud thing is just cheat speak for "Lulz i just pawned u with my hack and there is nothing u can do about it"

actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...

Where is your proof that the skeptics are running hacks?

Hacking certainly goes on but the responses in this old thread were likely on the ball, and the OP simply fell off the pipe. There number of hacking allegations made by PVPers far outnumber the actual amount of hacking that goes on.

Where is your proof that the skeptics are running hacks?

Hacking certainly goes on but the responses in this old thread were likely on the ball, and the OP simply fell off the pipe. There number of hacking allegations made by PVPers far outnumber the actual amount of hacking that goes on.

yeah the OP most likely did fall off the pipe...since i play jug, maur, and PT i have never bounced off anyone...but i have encountered all manner of cheats, exploits, and most likely hacks (most via cheat engine)...and ur broken *** arguement of 'wheres ur proof' is just the main weapon in the arsenal of the deniers...where is ur proof that hacking DOESNT go on...

and no the amount of allegations USED to outnumber the actual amount when this game was vibrant and alive and regularily policed...but since im seeing the same people doing the same **** over and over i realized that the mods simply dont care/cant care/or dont have the ability to care about pvp anymore

and even in the 'good ol days' cheating went on with no punishment...who hasnt played huttball in the old days and didnt see the rubber banding exploit done time after time after time...i have witnessed everything this game has to offer in regards to pvp content and i can say with absolute certainty that it does go on and no one gets punished for it anymore

in 3 years of playing this game I haven't seen anyone hack in regs

people who accuse others of hacking in a reg are just not well versed in all of the finer details of classes, mechanics, engine flaws, etc.

I mean some of the tryhards out there will do things like phasewalk cap but those are exploits, not hacks.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...makes more sense for them drum up conspiracy theory bs...in life the people most in denial about a subject are most likely to be the ones doing it...hacks and cheats exist and since swtor is a dying game the mods and devs dont do squat about it...u see it in pvp all the time

the whole get gud thing is just cheat speak for "Lulz i just pawned u with my hack and there is nothing u can do about it"

Here's how to speed hack:

Roll Marauder or Sentinel, take your pick, side doesn't matter. Level up a bit, can't remember which level you get it but eventually you'll get an ability called Predation (for Marauders) or Transcendence (for Sentinels), and with the Masterful Utility Relentless/Ardor you can use it without fury/centering and with the Heroic Utility Unbound/Fleetfooted you go faster. There, speed hack for your entire team (within 40m) every 30 seconds.

There's also utilities in other classes that do similar things for that class, for example guardian has 2 good speed buffs, one on Combat Focus and other on Focused Defense, a moderate one on Freezing Force, and a root break on Blade Blitz. And you can pick all of them legitimately, and basically run at +35%/+70% the entire match, as a guardian. No speed hack there either.

Here's how to speed hack:

Roll Marauder or Sentinel, take your pick, side doesn't matter. Level up a bit, can't remember which level you get it but eventually you'll get an ability called Predation (for Marauders) or Transcendence (for Sentinels), and with the Masterful Utility Relentless/Ardor you can use it without fury/centering and with the Heroic Utility Unbound/Fleetfooted you go faster. There, speed hack for your entire team (within 40m) every 30 seconds.

There's also utilities in other classes that do similar things for that class, for example guardian has 2 good speed buffs, one on Combat Focus and other on Focused Defense, a moderate one on Freezing Force, and a root break on Blade Blitz. And you can pick all of them legitimately, and basically run at +35%/+70% the entire match, as a guardian. No speed hack there either.

its hillarious to read these responses and the utter assumption i have no idea what im talking about...i have played since beta...have every single sith class (yeah i have a maur, jugg, pt, bh, sin, inq, op, sniper...etc...) all at cap and all pvp as their primary lvling mechanism and then futher play at cap for funish...nothing u say here is relevant to me and yeah i can identify the diff between a jug tank speed buffing his whole team and maur with his speed buffs going vs a true speed hack...

a good example of the naive attitude about pvp hacks is some player in the forums stated he had never seen hacking except for operatives rolling twice in a row..and he attributed it to positional lag..now we all know that all operatives can as a class feature roll twice in a row with a 10sec cd...so pardon me while i dont give a **** about his opinio

Necro’d thread.

Regardless I need to say I came up against a hacker in lowbie arena yesterday. He was using the map exploit to get outside the map so we couldn’t kill him and neither could the green crap. He wasted both ours and his own teams time for both rounds. We killed their whole team in 20-30secs and then had to wait the rest of the time for this fool.

in 3 years of playing this game I haven't seen anyone hack in regs

people who accuse others of hacking in a reg are just not well versed in all of the finer details of classes, mechanics, engine flaws, etc.

I mean some of the tryhards out there will do things like phasewalk cap but those are exploits, not hacks.

I've seen it three times, and all were fairly recent. All three were also by a notorious hacker who used to post videos of his hacking matches on the forums (he was banned several times for it), or by someone else using a variation of prior logins he used. His name begins with a J. If you've been active on the forums for awhile you probably know who I'm referring to.

In one match he capped mid at Alderaan before our team was still on the speeders at the start of a match. He was then clipping into the walls at mid so he couldn't be targeted but was still spamming AOE to break cap attempts. The other was a Voidstar match he capped a door from the far side of the door, and likewise couldn't be targeted. He also announced his presence at the start of match by laying down an AOE inside the start point for the opposing team before the match had even started. I was on his team for the third match and he kept capping the enemy's node in Ancient Hypergate, saying in Ops chat that he didn't need any help holding it, and he was holding it by doing the same clipping hack he had used in Alderaan. He was also using a hack to cap the enemy's node before they got there.

Hacking definitely exists, even in regs. It just isn't anywhere near as common as some people make out, and most of the accusations of cheating boil down to people not understanding the abilities of classes they are faced with or misinterpreting errors like rubber banding as someone hacking.

I was on the receiving end of that recently in an arena where after we completely destroyed them in Round 1, one of them posted in Say, "Show me how to hack like you," or something to that effect. There were no hacks, they just got outplayed. I don't know specifically what the person was referring to but assume since it was a Sorc healer that posted it, that he or she didn't understand that electro net won't let them phase walk or bubble. (I was on a Merc and myself along with an Assassin teammate globaled him/her)

Edited by Aeneas_Falco