Can Arms tech even make credits?

Ccgv

I ask this because I'm leveling a smuggler at the moment, and we get a insanely good +5 crit for arms tech bonus that is kinda hard to ignore, can this crew skill truly make any credits? Is it worth taking? I've never used the skill so I'm not sure if it can make millions or only a few hundred to a thousand credits. Thanks guys! :D

I ask this because I'm leveling a smuggler at the moment, and we get a insanely good +5 crit for arms tech bonus that is kinda hard to ignore, can this crew skill truly make any credits? Is it worth taking? I've never used the skill so I'm not sure if it can make millions or only a few hundred to a thousand credits. Thanks guys! :D

It is not the best money maker, but it is a consistent money maker at around the 1 million credits a week mark.

Overkill and Accuracy augments (both blue and purple) are in high demand. 186 barrels are in fact cheap to make...if you know the secrets of the system (not hard to figure out, but I am not going to announce them here...sorry).

That being said, be aware that the crew skill bonuses as we know them are all but going away in about 6 weeks; That +5 crit won't be there.

Good morning.

Current state is not golden for Armstech. Of course everything is server dependent. Purple level 36 barrels go for about 16.5K. Although the mats are cheaper than dirt (lol, we all know the secret) the margins are not great relatively. The barrels do not sell quickly. So I do not find a dynamic market there.

You can make overkill augs which carry a decent price and profit margin, but they take the same costly purple (ada circ) as does resolve & might & skill augs which sell for about 10K more. Strangely, reflex augs sell for about the same as overkill.

You can also craft kits which always sell at a decent profit, but the price has been dropping there lately.

I use my armstech guy to keep my companions in barrels and to make kits when my synth is otherwise applied. The good play on the kits is that once you have the components, arrmstech requires scavaging mats while synth looks to arch mats. I find the scavaging stuff cheaper and easier to come by so the armstech player is my preferred kit maker.

All the above is meaningless because, as has been identified, the world as we know it will change with the expansion which is a little over a month away. Now it gets interesting. We do not know what the changes to the crafting skills will be with the expansion and what their relative value (if they have any value at all) will be after the changes. Remember too, the fat crafting bonuses of companions will go away with the expansion and they will all be indistinguishable.

Luck to you.

PS - My smuggler has slicing, UT, and scavaging and he makes a lot of money for me and feeds my crafting guys with tons of mats.

Edited by asbalana

The info is widely available, but from datamining, so can't be linked to or discussed here.

Try a Google search.

:)

Still haven't seen nothing on changing the old companion bonuses.

Wish Bioware would tell us by now some of the changes in gameplay and mechanics. I'm in the process of lvling up 22 toons just for crafting with said bonuses, so it would suck if they messed with it.

Still haven't seen nothing on changing the old companion bonuses.

Wish Bioware would tell us by now some of the changes in gameplay and mechanics. I'm in the process of lvling up 22 toons just for crafting with said bonuses, so it would suck if they messed with it.

Ah, ok, yes, I found the link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8412669&postcount=489

More here:

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/27/swtor-bioware-4-0-companion-qa-on-forums/

hope that helps.

:)

@ Asbalana,

Wow only 16.5k, is that Harbinger? Last I saw (just yesterday) 186 barrels were going for 25k to 35k. Granted not great but considering materials cost, pretty good.

Hi psandak, I'm on wife's computer using her account.

I cited that this morning and then checked back now to answer. There is, as I type, 1 1/2 pages at 16,500 then four listings at 21,500 then it goes to 25,000.

The server is Shadowlands. Again it is striking how the pricing and markets are different from one server to another.

Edit - Just checked BC and only about five barrels were listed and at 70K each. On EH, the same 70K barrels were listed for 18K.

LOL, all crafting is local.

Edited by WingsofCrystal

I make a slow but nothing to sneeze at rate of credits selling--and I'm not making this up--mid-range Artifact Overkill and Surge Augments.

I personally wouldn't even use them, but I don't think I have any competition and people buy them, so I keep making them. :rolleyes:

Edited by AlixMV

Good thing I didn't move to far ahead with my plans of redoing crew skills on my characters to better align with companion crit bonuses. Thankfully I'll only have to reskill scavenging on my trooper.

Hi psandak, I'm on wife's computer using her account.

I cited that this morning and then checked back now to answer. There is, as I type, 1 1/2 pages at 16,500 then four listings at 21,500 then it goes to 25,000.

The server is Shadowlands. Again it is striking how the pricing and markets are different from one server to another.

Edit - Just checked BC and only about five barrels were listed and at 70K each. On EH, the same 70K barrels were listed for 18K.

LOL, all crafting is local.

Definitely

Last night barrels (Reflex and Skill) were posting at 40K+ on the Harbinger and I sold a bunch over night. Commando Barrels are going for 75k this morning. Whether they sell at that price is unknown.