30 days?

garry

From what I see on the blurb, if we have an active sub on Apr 12 AND a level 50 character then we get 30 days xtra free play time. A $15 freebie if I read this correctly. Fine and good.

But...

I entered the game in beta, pre-ordered the DDE and have played ever since. I am not a power leveler nor an elite player who rams thru to the max endgame. I enjoy playing the alts and have 5 with my highest a lvl 26. Thus I am not eligable for it AT THIS TIME!

However, there is no mention that I can see that says I will get this nice perk when I do reach lvl 50. So I want to ask anyone (dev especially) if those of us who have faithfully paid and played since the start but not reached lvl50 (beloved by game companies) will have that perk available when we max out our first 50?

Please spare me the burns, just a simple reply is all I ask.

NO kidding! I am an altoholic to the max. I spent the last few months getting every core class to lv20 and then some just to see the ship interiors. Then, I messed around with specs to see which ones I like playing the most. I do things pretty methodically, and I don't ever just stick to one class. I'm in this for the long haul, baby! I go get geeked out and see how to best maximize healing, (minimize) down time, dps, defense and procs.... And look what happens...

They go and give these power levelers a free hand when I have been loyal since open beta... Makes me want to say, "Go "F" yourselves, wheres my kudos for hangin in there through all the bugs, graphics problems, and n00b nonsense?" I guess my loyalty isn't worth anything. I was going to hold out for the 1.3 additions, but after I heard about the lv50 stuff... I just dont know now.

What BioWare should have done was give everyone who has an active subscription from day one and who didn't cancel for more than 30-days a free ride. I guess it's too much to ask for a bit of appretiation for the people who helped this game pwn the other mmorpgs into dust... <.<

PS: Don't you think it is ironic that BioWare cuts out the very people that will benefit from this patch the most? ALTOHOLICS! Wow, I mean, make a patch that caters to people creating alts that are related to eachother, and give them the shaft... Nice Job guys!

Edited by The_Edge_Ender

yea... I am an altoholic too, for the first two months, i didnt have a character past 29, then for some reason i said, "ok, focus on one alt every week..." bam 4 50s. now i am starting my first chiss jedi sentinel, really fun! but anyway I think that it should be based on how continuous you subbed, cause I have a good friend that it took him 3 months to get a char to 50, and for some people it takes even longer, so maybe it would be easier if it was based on 50s.

Still, would be nice if it was awarded based on, (i was in on first day of pre release) and those who subbed after march wont get it etc...

I agree. I am a bit put off by it as well. So because we chose to see the part of the game that was supposed to be really really important (the story)... we get nothing? But people that just subbed, powered through to 50, then more than likely sat and complained about endgame.. they get a free month? That makes a lot of sense. ><

Getting to level 50 in four months is hardly a hardcore gamer. If you couldn't get to level 50 just playing a few hours a week in that time span, there is something wrong.

I can understand the one guy doing things methodically, and leveling all his toons around level 20 and enjoying everything, but a couple hours a week from someone (me) that works about 60 hours a week, takes care of my eight year old, got level 50 in a couple months.

People will always have something to complain about. It's what ruins games. Oh this player got this and I didn't. Well tough ****. Deal with it. It's called life. If you want something, then work for it for once.

This goes to all gamers out there. Stop your complaining. I'm neither hardcore, nor so casual that I only play four hours a week. But people like you ruin games. Look at WoW. It got so diluted because people complained "things are too hard, since I have alts everything should be easier" and I say eff that. It's in every MMO that I've ever played. Fact is, not everyone is going to be happy, period. So what do you do? You make the majority happy. I'm all for that. Why? Because it works. The rest of you, bite it.

That is all.

I agree. I am a bit put off by it as well. So because we chose to see the part of the game that was supposed to be really really important (the story)... we get nothing? But people that just subbed, powered through to 50, then more than likely sat and complained about endgame.. they get a free month? That makes a lot of sense. ><

I think it was more than enough time to get to 50 , I like doing all the quests in a planet and I hit 50 (last week) while still on Hoth , I also pvp through leveling a lot and do space missions and since you get exp from everywhere , I think 3 months is more than enough :p for at least 1 level 50.

If I had any reason to think I had to/needed to focus on that one 50... you would be correct. HOWEVER, that was not the case. All I have heard since people started hitting 50 was how absolutely dreadful end-game was... why in the WORLD would I be motivated to get to a point where I was going to spend all day complaining? I wouldn't. So I didn't. In an attempt to keep myself entertained while BW took the time to figure out how to fix endgame to be appealing to people, I levelled up 7 chars (ranging from mid-20s to 40ish). I guess instead of wanting to level as slowly as possible to give more time to get things hammered out, I should have just rushed to 50 and then spent my free time bashing BW for having such a horrible game. Then I would get a prize. :p Sorry, their logic just makes absolutely no sense. It's not about the money, if I NEEDED a free month, then I probably would have already cancelled due to (lack of) finances. It's just.... bothersome to see people who badmouth a game/company rewarded while those who defended it are snubbed. *shrug* I am not criticizing the game, or the company, I just feel they chose wrongly in who to reward. It would have been better, in my opinion, to award the 30 days across the board.

Getting to level 50 in four months is hardly a hardcore gamer. If you couldn't get to level 50 just playing a few hours a week in that time span, there is something wrong.

I can understand the one guy doing things methodically, and leveling all his toons around level 20 and enjoying everything, but a couple hours a week from someone (me) that works about 60 hours a week, takes care of my eight year old, got level 50 in a couple months.

People will always have something to complain about. It's what ruins games. Oh this player got this and I didn't. Well tough ****. Deal with it. It's called life. If you want something, then work for it for once.

This goes to all gamers out there. Stop your complaining. I'm neither hardcore, nor so casual that I only play four hours a week. But people like you ruin games. Look at WoW. It got so diluted because people complained "things are too hard, since I have alts everything should be easier" and I say eff that. It's in every MMO that I've ever played. Fact is, not everyone is going to be happy, period. So what do you do? You make the majority happy. I'm all for that. Why? Because it works. The rest of you, bite it.

That is all.

Couldn't agree more. Too many people want everything but aren't willing to work for it. I've got 2 lvl 50's, 2 lvl 28's, lvl 21 and a lvl 1 and play casually. If you've been playing since launch and still don't have at least 1 lvl 50 you're doing it wrong.

bought $170 version of the game that did not come as advertised, check.

Have toons with the combined lvl ( on the one server I play on ) 100+. check.

Continued paid sub. check.

do have a toon that hit lvl 50 at 8pm 4-12-12.

do I get a free month from my support... heII no.

Edited by kiddeth

Its not about getting to level 50. You say its a game but if your gonna offer perks to people it should be givien to everyone. I pay the same amount of cash as a level 50 does to play this game in fact just because people dont LEVEL up to 50 in four months they shouldnt be left in the cold. so to speak.SWTOR is a great game but pr mistakes like this can kill giants.......:eek:

It's a reward for hitting 50. Of course if any of the devs were even remotely clever this should apply to everyone that hits 50 for the first time in the future as well.

It's like rewarding a bad habit and saying FU to the rest of you who have managed to play an MMO without skipping job/school.

On some level I guess they though this was a nice thing to do, but giving away an entire month free to all lv50 and not expect a serious backlash from everyone else is just sad.

This coupled with the zero effort going into stabilizing server populations makes me think they don't actually want anyone to keep subscribing to the game.

Edited by Gremmel

It's a reward for hitting 50. Of course if any of the devs were even remotely clever this should apply to everyone that hits 50 for the first time in the future as well.

It's like rewarding a bad habit and saying FU to the rest of you who have managed to play an MMO without skipping job/school.

On some level I guess they though this was a nice thing to do, but giving away an entire month free to all lv50 and not expect a serious backlash from everyone else is just sad.

This coupled with the zero effort going into stabilizing server populations makes me think they don't actually want anyone to keep subscribing to the game.

This. Very good post.

I don't know what's wrong with BioEa. Have they got market guys from reality agencies, or someone from Ubisoft came over?

This is probably worst possible way to show theirs appreciation for our continued support. If they would keep it as ingame reward, sure, why not. Even better if they said that this ingame reward will go to anyone, who will, say, managed also hit lvl 50 in April. Then i could make choice to concentrate on 1 char only to get him fast to lvl 50, or not with full underestanding what I will lose because of it.

But to suddenly reward basicaly one way of playing, and what's even worst, if you thnk of it - in a way that is actualy stealing money from all players who doesn't play a way Bioware think they should - that's a low one.

This game has its issues (way too small groups, inability to raise instance levels for better challenge and other MMO things it misses) but in general I'm enjoying it. But if they think they can steal my money - sorry, no game.

It's kinda paradox, but I never considered playing Tera before, but i guess i'll give it a go - or finish other excelent single player games till Secret World and Guild Wars 2 comes out.

It's a second time this year Bioware managed to screw up so hard. Guess theirs time of great game makers is ending.

I look at it as free time to keep all the PvP players who were going to quit because of no ranked warzones getting tempted into staying till they get it out. It is obviously a reaction to delaying announced content for PvP when those players have been jerked around so much already.

Bonus for us raiders :)

Edited by sol_

If you've been playing this game since day one and do not have any level 50's, please /quit, go to your uninstall option under SWTOR, click uninstall and proceed to open up MW3, and enjoy. Thank you.

And who are you, o blessed one, that you are telling me how I should play a game and how much time should i spend with each character?

If you are unable to accept others people prefferences, please /quit and go play COD, you fit there better.

Edited by kumacurry

I agree this is complete BS. I too pre-ordered, beta'd and played since day 1. Now to be slapped in the face because I prefer to play each class before I decide to take one to level 50, WELL what can I say?!?!?! I am really glad to see SWTOR prefers their grinder players who decide to rush level 50 and then complain and unsub or threaten to unsub than they do the loyal players who do not complain and WAIT for stuff to be fixed.

Hey SWTOR, if I complain now and threaten to unsub, can I get 30 days free????

The Asia Pacific Servers only been up for 6 weeks i am altoholic 8 char 2 each class (no advanced Class respec FAIL) from level 10-33 guess no free game time for me i should of just play 1 char it also make my decision next month to go play d3 easier

Hey SWTOR, if I complain now and threaten to unsub, can I get 30 days free????

+1 here

Edited by Stonedd