So.. Account Wide Datacrons

SardaTFK

It's a legacy title.

Unlocks should work for entire legacy.

BiS gear is won by winning rolls, and it certainly cannot be used on every character. Having BiS gear doesn't give you a legacy title. The NiM achievements don't give legacy titles either.

Datacrons do.

I'M enTITLEd to it whether you like it or not.

And I will KILL anyone who claims that they gathered all datacrons on every char they have, because that would mean they are the GREATEST LIAR in human history.

And btw, I seriously suspect all those "BUT WE FARMED THOSE CRONS, DON'T GIVE IT TO OTHER CHARS!!!!1" people even have the title. It takes considerable amount of time, effort and patience to get it, and I'm %110 sure at least 9 out of 10 of you dudes didn't even bother farming ALL of them.

If you had, you'd know what kind of a torture it is. You'd know the pain of your soul getting ripped from your core, the excruciating feeling of dread everytime you miss a jump on a 20 minute wait, the unmistakeable, pure, unadultered HATRED that seeps out from every pore in your body every time you realize the mob / datacube / item you need is farmed / killed / on another planet.

It's like being a real life Sith, without the powers, but with all the emotional roller coaster it brings.

I'm speaking HATRED people, not stupid anger, not simple annoyance.

At one point, I tried to hack into LinkedIn profiles of SWTOR devs just so I could devastate their professional image in online world.

You don't know true hate until you went for Datacron Master title. ( Unless ofc, unlike many of us here, you had a real life tragedy happen to you that caused such hatred)

Edited by Manweth

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a legacy title.

Unlocks should work for entire legacy

I'M enTITLEd to it.

And I will KILL anyone who claims that they gathered all datacrons on every char they have, because that would mean they are the GREATEST LIAR in human history.

You also get a Manhunter title for getting XXXXX amount of kills in PvP yet that doesn't enTITLE your whole legacy the same PvP stats…. just a title thats all.

You also get a Manhunter title for getting XXXXX amount of kills in PvP yet that doesn't enTITLE your whole legacy the same PvP stats…. just a title thats all.

That title is won on multiple chars. Manhunter is NOT a guarantee for a shining 1500+ pvp ranking. It's a title that shows you killed 40k people on all your chars at ALL times. It's only reward is the legacy title. Adversely, people without manhunter is in the ranked leaderboard.

YOu don't get manhunter with BiS PvP gear. You get manhunter by killing 40k people, period.

THERE IS NOTHING THAT COMES WITH MANHUNTER.

Datacron Master, in itself, comes with the stats you gathered from datacrons. So it should apply on all chars if you are willing to pay for it.

I will pay for it. CC or credits.

Hell, I've manhunter, and I certainly don't do ranked.

Fail analogy is fail.

Next!

Edit Note: I've no idea why you whiners whine about this. The stat bonus it comes are no use to you casuals. It only comes into play in NiM ops of endgame.

Run around and do dailies.

Edited by Manweth

**OFF TOPIC**

ummm what are you talking about…. you even quoted me talking about the game and how its revamped…. I mean yeah the knock backs have been changed they're instant and no longer have a ramp up time with a jump…flip… slam and what not… the jedi sage telekinetic wave changed also and thats the part you quoted lol…. do you even read what you quote? or do you just see my name and say you have no clue what you're talking about.?

so what do you mean I don't have a clue about the game… obviously I've been here since prior 2.0 (Dec 19th, 2011 to be accurate) up to now if i can talk about prior stuff before 2.0 and then talk about how its changed and the current content (i.e. the datacrons on Makeb that i mentioned in an earlier post in this very thread).

I just talk on the forums while I'm at work when things are slow (I live in japan so I'm 13hrs ahead of you EST people, currently its 7:15pm Friday night and my GF is in the hospital working). I'm taking a break from playing to read the forums in hopes some bioware personnel can take the time out to say, "No this will not be a cartel coin purchasable item. this will only be a 10 million credits purchase."

Thats what i want… let it be a 10 million credit sink and ill be happy. Grind to get 10 mil credits and dump them or look for the datacrons. No CC.

If you've collected them all on one toon I'm sure you also have the "Wealthy" title go ahead and sink those credits. keeps the game running and a reason to grind. :D

I like it..and lets make unlocking ranked pvp be a 10 mill credit sink..and GSF should have to be unlocked for 10 mill....great idea..

This is the kind of ridiculous things the pro-Legacy people like to say... made up stories and numbers and stats that have no proof whatsoever.

Why do you even say something so stupid like this? All my 55s have every single Datacron and all of my non-55s have all the Datacrons possible for them to get at their levels. I'll take screenshots for you if that'll help you sleep but come on.

And btw, I seriously suspect all those "BUT WE FARMED THOSE CRONS, DON'T GIVE IT TO OTHER CHARS!!!!1" people even have the title. It takes considerable amount of time, effort and patience to get it, and I'm %110 sure at least 9 out of 10 of you dudes didn't even bother farming ALL of them.

All 12/12 of my 55s have everything related to Datacrons. And pulling number like 9/10 and 110% out of some delusional belief doesn't mean anything. They only seem to take a 'considerable amount of time' if you wait until you're 55 and then go back and get them. I've given advice in every one of these threads to get them as you go and then you don't even realize you got them cuz they're so easy.

If you had, you'd know what kind of a torture it is. You'd know the pain of your soul getting ripped from your core, the excruciating feeling of dread everytime you miss a jump on a 20 minute wait, the unmistakeable, pure, unadultered HATRED that seeps out from every pore in your body every time you realize the mob / datacube / item you need is farmed / killed / on another planet.

You must really have some other issues going on if this is how you view Datacrons. I'm sorry you feel that they are torture and that you seem to be dying inside every time you think of Datacrons but you are way out of control.

You don't know true hate until you went for Datacron Master title. ( Unless ofc, unlike many of us here, you had a real life tragedy happen to you that caused such hatred)

I think you need to step away from this game or something as you are way too personally hurt by getting Datacrons.

There are 69 Datacrons for each faction and maybe 10 of them truly are difficult but if you guys can't be bothered to get the other 59 by walking down a path, hopping onto a rock, or bending over to pick one up that's right next to your story/planet missions then I just don't know what more I can say.

The pro-Legacy Datacron peoples' hyperbole and aggressiveness is really getting out of hand. These threads should just be closed since neither side is gaining any ground and it's creating some bad vibes.

Edited by PetFish

I have yet to see a reasonable argument against account-wide datacron unlocks.

Your definition of 'reasonable' must be different than everyone else's.

There are plenty of 'reasonable' arguments against account-wide Datacrons, but, just like most pro-Legacy Datacron people, you choose to ignore and/or dismiss them and that's nothing anyone can help you with.

I have yet to see a reasonable argument against account-wide datacron unlocks.

I have yet to see a reasonable argument FOR account-wide datacron unlocks. The only argument for it is "I am too lazy to get them again"

I have yet to see a reasonable argument FOR account-wide datacron unlocks. The only argument for it is "I am too lazy to get them again"

if you think that's the only argument for them that has been presented, you haven't been reading this thread.

I'd like to bring up Lore Objects again.

Datacrons are essentially Lore Objects. You must get the Lore Objects on every character to get that Codex entry but once you get them once across your Legacy you get the Loremaster Achievement and title. Just like Datacrons.

But Datacrons have the stat boost which is what people want. They want that advantage over the other players, no matter how insignificant. Since they provide stats they need to remain earned per-character.

If Datacrons had Lore-only Codex entries and no stat boosts we wouldn't even be having this conversation, or on the flip side, why isn't everyone freaking out and begging

for Legacy-wide Lore Objects?

The reason is cuz the Datacron stats improve the abilities of your character and that's what people want.

Why else spend so many credits (that you have to earn grinding dailies and other things) on a minimal stat increase on a mod for you gloves? And when you *do* buy that mod to improve your abilities does that same mod show up in the inventory of ALL your characters?

Datacrons give you a statistical advantage and no advantage should be free for any character which is why Datacrons need to be earned on the character you want them to be on.

The "against" crowd's argument is, "I don't want it, therefore I do not want YOU to have it either."

That's not my argument at all and further shows how the pro-Legacy Datacron people only read what they want to read.

I *want* you to have them, but I want you to earn the statistical advantage they give you just like you earn the statistical advantages from gear doing daily grinds and operations and flashes.

I *want* people to have them all, and I *will* help anyone who wants help or a partner to get whatever they need. As long as you're on Jedi Covenant you can look up any of my characters and I'll help.

That's not my argument at all and further shows how the pro-Legacy Datacron people only read what they want to read.

I *want* you to have them, but I want you to earn the statistical advantage they give you just like you earn the statistical advantages from gear doing daily grinds and operations and flashes.

I *want* people to have them all, and I *will* help anyone who wants help or a partner to get whatever they need. As long as you're on Jedi Covenant you can look up any of my characters and I'll help.

The advantage is statistically and tactically irrelevant.

Do you want me to earn the advantage Rocket Boost gives me on my alts? How about all that awesome Presence my noob gets because I have a level 50 Human? That stuff makes my companions godlike and grants a far greater benefit than all the Datacrons.

Edited by DarthTHC

And what, pray tell, is the statistical advantage? As was stated earlier it amounts to around 1 augment. Statistically, it is an insignificant advantage. I guarantee that progression raiding guilds don't check for datacron's before they allow people into their Op groups. The fact that getting datacrons on just one character is one of the most mind-numbingly boring tasks created in a genre that is defined by its boring and repetitive tasks means that for the vast majority, it isn't worth the effort.

If you get them on one character, you've earned it. But like titles and achievements they should be something shared by toons. After all, getting the Willpower datacrons on a trooper gives you zero advantage so why should the trooper bother? But if you let them count like every other achievement you can get credit for getting them all without doing something boring and non-advantageous.

You, and others like you, seem to think that it gives players some sort of overwhelming advantage that should be required to be obtained on every single toon when in fact there is no real advantage. No one is at a disadvantage for not having them because the amount of benefit they provide just doesn't matter at end game stat levels. If they provided a larger...much, much larger...advantage then and only then would you have a valid argument.

We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

:csw_crawler:

Why are you set on making what is already one of the easiest MMOs out there even easier?

Just curious.

Why are you set on making what is already one of the easiest MMOs out there even easier?

Just curious.

How would it be easier if they would make it that one can olny get the datacrons with this that one got with at least one other character already? It makes it just more convinient, not easier.

Your definition of 'reasonable' must be different than everyone else's.

There are plenty of 'reasonable' arguments against account-wide Datacrons, but, just like most pro-Legacy Datacron people, you choose to ignore and/or dismiss them and that's nothing anyone can help you with.

Who's everyone else? You and Ratajack? Please.

I choose to dismiss them because the term "lazy" when you're talking about a computer game is hilariously inappropriate. If you have some other argument, please, by all means, trot it out.

The argument is not "I am too lazy."

The argument is "I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SANITY LEFT TO DO THEM AGAIN."

Get it right. Because this is a BIG detail.

Not enough sanity, people, LITERALLY. Not. Enough. Sanity. Left.

Datacrons are like an ex-wife that still lives in your house.

Oh, and the "12/12 chars I got all cronz!" dude?

Datacron Master title, in itself, just doing them once gives a guy like me an acute PTSD. If you farmed them on all your chars.......:t_rolleyes:

You are a sociopath. A psychopath, a sociopath and a schizo all in one.

There is no OTHER explanation if you REALLY did all that.

You CANNOT be human if you did.

Edited by Manweth

Just curious.

These responses always make me chuckle.

Oh you.

What is this self abusive, self absorbed culture that pervades this genre?

"Herp derp, the game has to be as hard as possible and doing something once isn't good enough. I spend 12 hours a day doing repetitive tasks so you should do."

That's what you sound like. Not trying to be rude but that's how it reads.

Edited by Arkerus

Look, I don't care if they make these things Legacy or not but seriously, you folks so adamantly against it need to come up with something better than "lazy" or "game too easy" if you want anyone to take your criticisms seriously.

Lazy denotes not wanting to do work. All gamers are inherently lazy as we would be out doing something constructive with our free time rather than spending it lost in a fantasy world. And for the game to be too easy it would first have to be hard at some point and I have yet played a game that could ever be construed as hard even under the most flexible use of the term.

The correct terms are fun, enjoyment and not boring. These are what the hunt for datacrons currently isn't. As MMO players, we do these once for whatever reason and quite often not even once just because the reward is not worth the effort.

Again, if the reward were more than that given by one augment at end game there might be an argument since the advantage would be such that it should be required on every character. But lets face it, if you can swap mods about on legacy gear to toons that didn't "earn it" what makes it so important to make something as inconsequential as datacron bonuses an individual character endeavor?

About the only argument I can see as valid in not making datacrons legacy wide is that the bonus just doesn't matter, and I will defend that stance to the end until someone shows parse data that proves conclusively that they provide a greater advantage to players than being able to move BoP mods on legacy armor to toons that didn't earn the mods.

These responses always make me chuckle.

Oh you.

What is this self abusive, self absorbed culture that pervades this genre?

"Herp derp, the game has to be as hard as possible and doing something once isn't good enough. I spend 12 hours a day doing repetitive tasks so you should do."

That's what you sound like. Not trying to be rude but that's how it reads.

Why are you all advocating the removal-by-monetisation of everything that makes an MMO, an MMO?

In this case, exploration ---> rewards for same as incentive to do it?

This is one of the few ways in which this game encourages exploration whereas otherwise, the exact opposite is often the case.

I mean, we already got the Sims and Second Life, don't we? If you want everything monetised, then go play those.

I'm not even going to mention how this is pay-for-potential-advantage, and where that vileness can lead to.

To answer your other question:

Some of us like a little challenge in our games, and the feeling that comes with earning rewards from overcoming same.

But then, I know better than to try and convince the smugly self-righteous, over-entitled pay-to-win generation of the upsides of that.

Thankfully, I and those like me have still got other options, at least for now.

Edited by midianlord

And what, pray tell, is the statistical advantage? As was stated earlier it amounts to around 1 augment. Statistically, it is an insignificant advantage. I guarantee that progression raiding guilds don't check for datacron's before they allow people into their Op groups. The fact that getting datacrons on just one character is one of the most mind-numbingly boring tasks created in a genre that is defined by its boring and repetitive tasks means that for the vast majority, it isn't worth the effort.

If you get them on one character, you've earned it. But like titles and achievements they should be something shared by toons. After all, getting the Willpower datacrons on a trooper gives you zero advantage so why should the trooper bother? But if you let them count like every other achievement you can get credit for getting them all without doing something boring and non-advantageous.

You, and others like you, seem to think that it gives players some sort of overwhelming advantage that should be required to be obtained on every single toon when in fact there is no real advantage. No one is at a disadvantage for not having them because the amount of benefit they provide just doesn't matter at end game stat levels. If they provided a larger...much, much larger...advantage then and only then would you have a valid argument.

Then you aren't missing anything by not having those stat bonuses if you choose not to find the datacrons on all your characters.

How would it be easier if they would make it that one can olny get the datacrons with this that one got with at least one other character already? It makes it just more convinient, not easier.

It makes it easier because a player could find the datacrons with only ONE character and magically be able to create INFINITE sets of stat bonuses, one for each and every character they have, present and future.

Saying it only makes it more convenient is like saying that it's only more convenient, not easier, if your boss were to pay you every week until you retire since you already did all that work last week, even though you will be doing no work in the future.

The argument is not "I am too lazy."

The argument is "I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SANITY LEFT TO DO THEM AGAIN."

Get it right. Because this is a BIG detail.

Not enough sanity, people, LITERALLY. Not. Enough. Sanity. Left.

Datacrons are like an ex-wife that still lives in your house.

Oh, and the "12/12 chars I got all cronz!" dude?

Datacron Master title, in itself, just doing them once gives a guy like me an acute PTSD. If you farmed them on all your chars.......:t_rolleyes:

You are a sociopath. A psychopath, a sociopath and a schizo all in one.

There is no OTHER explanation if you REALLY did all that.

You CANNOT be human if you did.

A rose by any other name still has thorns. The definition of laziness is an aversion to work or EFFORT. Most of the pro-legacy datacron posters certainly sound like people with an aversion to the effort of finding the datacrons on each character. By definition, that qualifies as laziness. No matter how you want to justify that laziness, it is still laziness.