SW:TCW "Revival" discussion

BrandonSM

Yep - I always had a feeling that it would be Sidious that would be Maul's ultimate demise.....

That duel is going to be the end of Maul or Savage. It will most likely be Maul because there is no way Sidious is going to let an angry former apprentice run around disrupting his plans.

In all likelyhood it will be both of them that get killed because only a few people have survived a duel with Sidious. We are talking about the guy that beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.

Edited by Aurbere

That duel is going to be the end of Maul or Savage. It will most likely be Maul because there is no way Sidious is going to let an angry former apprentice run around disrupting his plans.

In all likelyhood it will be both of them that get killed because only a few people have survived a duel with Sidious. We are talking about the guy that beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.

Yes I think Sidious will kill them both - he can't afford to leave these loose ends....

Maul is one of the few people who know who he (Palpatine) really is (and by extension he may assume Savage now does too)

He can't take any chances that they may reveal this knowledge to anyone else - especially if the Jedi somehow get to hear about this down the line....

Yes I think Sidious will kill them both - he can't afford to leave these loose ends....

Maul is one of the few people who know who he (Palpatine) really is (and by extension he may assume Savage now does too)

He can't take any chances that they may reveal this knowledge to anyone else - especially if the Jedi somehow get to hear about this down the line....

It would be an epic duel for sure. We don't get to see Sidious duel too often so it should be exciting.

It would be an epic duel for sure. We don't get to see Sidious duel too often so it should be exciting.

Indeed - Despite what people may think of Maul - he is better than Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto

So It should at least last for more than a few Seconds..... :p

Indeed - Despite what people may think of Maul - he is better than Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto

So It should at least last for more than a few Seconds..... :p

I've never seen Sidious dual wield before so that will be interesting. I'm betting he will beat them handily. He should. After all, he did beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.

I've never seen Sidious dual wield before so that will be interesting. I'm betting he will beat them handily. He should. After all, he did beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.

Sidious Dual Wielding should be Very impressive indeed

I think as part of Maul's final trial he had to fight Sidious and gave him a decent duel - but lost of course .... and in all Honesty Sidious probably was mainly testing Mauls Saber duelling skills (Which Sidious has always thought highly of) - and Held back from going all out to kill him (because he actually didn't want to at this time......)

As for the Luke Skywalker vs Sidious stuff - it's not really G-canon or how Lucas says would have done things -

So in the Cartoon The Fight I guess it will be as good as (long as) what is needed for Lucas to be satisfied that it will be Exciting enough for the viewers....and long enough to showcase some of Sidious' (and Maybe even Maul's)skills..... (seeing as Maul was considered one of the most exciting fighters in the movies - hence him being ressurected - which we all know was a marketing stunt.....)

Besides, I don't think Sidious would have taken Maul as an apprentice if he could beat him in a couple of Seconds - That would not have been good enough to challenge the Jedi (especially for a Banite Sith).....

This is an exciting fight for me - as Maul and Sidious are two of my favourites..... (although ultimately - Maul should probably have stayed dead) and they should have made Savage Opress more independant/intelligent/cunning if they really needed a Maul 'Fix' for the series....

Sidious Dual Wielding should be Very impressive indeed

I think as part of Maul's final trial he had to fight Sidious and gave him a decent duel - but lost of course .... and in all Honesty Sidious probably was mainly testing Mauls Saber duelling skills (Which Sidious has always thought highly of) - and Held back from going all out to kill him (because he actually didn't want to at this time......)

As for the Luke Skywalker vs Sidious stuff - it's not really G-canon or how Lucas says would have done things -

So in the Cartoon The Fight I guess it will be as good as (long as) what is needed for Lucas to be satisfied that it will be Exciting enough for the viewers....and long enough to showcase some of Sidious' (and Maybe even Maul's)skills..... (seeing as Maul was considered one of the most exciting fighters in the movies - hence him being ressurected - which we all know was a marketing stunt.....)

Besides, I don't think Sidious would have taken Maul as an apprentice if he could beat him in a couple of Seconds - That would not have been good enough to challenge the Jedi (especially for a Banite Sith).....

This is an exciting fight for me - as Maul and Sidious are two of my favourites..... (although ultimately - Maul should probably have stayed dead) and they should have made Savage Opress more independant/intelligent/cunning if they really needed a Maul 'Fix' for the series....

Sidious was one of the best Lightsaber duelists ever so it will be interesting to see him fight someone not 'at' his level, but up there in skill.

As for the Sidious-Skywalker duel. It's not G-Canon, but nothing in the EU( besides TCW) is G-Canon. Everything not pertaining to the movies or TCW is C-canon so it is canon. But GL would have taken the EU a whole different way. I can say that I would have too, but I'd keep the Thrawn books.

Maul is also one of my fav Sith due to his use of the Saberstaff. But I do think he should have stayed dead.

Edited by Aurbere

But GL would have taken the EU a whole different way. I can say that I would have too, but I'd keep the Thrawn books.

If I remember correctly, Timothy Zhan was handpicked by GL to do SW novels, so those novels are definitely canon (this is also where Lucas found the clone troopers inspiration).

Edited by yoomazir

Is there a reason why that female jedi was sent instead of Anakin or Mace. The council including Obi wan should have known she would of been outclassed by them and useless in a fight. Yoda knew Obi wan was no match for Sidious so they should of known Adi would of just got herself killed

Is there a reason why that female jedi was sent instead of Anakin or Mace. The council including Obi wan should have known she would of been outclassed by them and useless in a fight. Yoda knew Obi wan was no match for Sidious so they should of known Adi would of just got herself killed

She was a Jedi Master..

Well this is blatant sexism :p

I don't think that poster meant that in a sexist way, just describing Adi...

I know, but the way he said it was funny. I almost expected him to finish with 'Adi Gallia get back to the kitchen where you belong!'

Seriously though, Adi Gallia is not a weak and useless Jedi, she's a member of the Jedi council.

Obi wan was a council member and a master but Yoda told him not to face sidious. The council should of sent jedi who have actually had experience fighting sith. I mean maul was the one who killed Qui Gon who was a better fighter than Adi. Also i wasnt trying to be sexist there are plenty of BA females in star wars i just dont consider Adi one of them.

Obi wan was a council member and a master but Yoda told him not to face sidious. The council should of sent jedi who have actually had experience fighting sith. I mean maul was the one who killed Qui Gon who was a better fighter than Adi. Also i wasnt trying to be sexist there are plenty of BA females in star wars i just dont consider Adi one of them.

Sidious would have destroyed Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan wasn't strong enough and Yoda knew that. Adi Gallia was a member of the Council (senior member) and they assumed that she could handle herself. But they hadn't realized how powerful Maul had gotten. Hence, her death.

BrandomSM, I totally agree with you on the season premiere of TCW. It was well worth the wait for the season, and the plot twists were entertaining. I also think you are right in regards to the comment you made where you said that no one could have predicted the twists, because I normally can tell where an episode might lead. Let us hope the season will continue to bring more surprises. Edited by ZayneDraay