I need to know if my gear and stats are good enough for Operations

As he said with regards to accuracy.

I think you put too much in Surge (since it trades with Acc), i believe that for your gear, you should only need around 85% Crit Multiplier? (70% Base/Items + 15% from Tree).

Depending on how good you are at following mechanics and outputting DPS, you could easily do SM Ops to probably HM TFB or SnV (Styrak not included).

Edited by vdbswong

Thanks for the feedback. The reason why my surge and strength are so high is because I am in the Rage tree and wanted to take advance of the automatic critical hits and the power increase in my other attacks once I Smash.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason why my surge and strength are so high is because I am in the Rage tree and wanted to take advance of the automatic critical hits and the power increase in my other attacks once I Smash.

Just to say, rage is not that good for OPs (great for PvP though). So I wouldn't do HM ops in it. Carnage and annihilation are much better for ops.

Oh i know,

But since you're so reliant on your smash, in the event it gets resisted, you'll lose a substantial amount of DPS. Not sure if having a tick of Force Crush resisted will grant you a stack of Shockwave either.

Either way, it's always Acc -> 100% before you worry about other stats.

I'm assuming your quickbar with smash, obliterate, force crush, etc is behind the character screen? Because if you aren't using those then your gear means nothing and you need to go over your skill tree and abilities more than anything. You can take a 51 sent or mara into S&V hm and be fine, the main thing is you need to know how to play your class, as long as you're able to do that, and the rest of your group is competent, there is nothing you "can't" do.

Surge Rating has diminishing returns past a certain point. I don't remember the exact number right now (the Crit Multiplier should be around 70% or so when taking only gear into account) but you'll definitely be hitting said diminishing returns by the time you reach 91.59% Crit Multiplier. I'm not familiar with Marauders, though, they might be an exception to the usual rule.

As others have stated, you should be fine gear- and stat-wise for SM operations once you address your horrid Accuracy stat. That said, the gentleman above me is absolutely correct: two quickbars' worth of keybinds are not enough to get by in an operations setting.

Ideally, you should have enough quickbars and keybinds to account for each and every in-combat ability you have. Tabbing between two quickbars for your main bar can be enough to get by in a flashpoint, but your raid group will need every drop of damage they can squeeze from you, and they'll need it on-demand. Those precious instants lost in the transition from one bar to the other will result in downtime.

On both my jugg and my op, for example, i have two quickbars dedicated entirely to in-combat abilities and another three for clickables and any additional keybinds that I couldn't fit into the first two (medpacks, stims, adrenals, DCDs, CC breaker, threat dump, buff, etc) The final quickbar I toggle to on my main bar for such things as mounts, Rocket Boost, Quick Traveling, Repair Droid, etc.

Edited by TorvinAugeri