Conquest Reward Issues and Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have read a few threads about issues with Conquest rewards not being granted and acknowledge there is definitely an issue with that system. As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

For those who have not received this week’s Conquest rewards, we’re reviewing the situation and will give you an update soon.

As a note, it is likely that over the next few weeks leading up to Fallen Empire there may be continued issues with Conquest rewards being granted. If you choose to participate in Conquests between now and 4.0, please be aware you will not receive your Conquest rewards when the Conquest ends. There is no need to file a Customer Service ticket. We will attempt to grant them to those that have earned them in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to assume this means that the exclusive Conquest-only mats needed to craft the high-end gear won't be available for a month after FE goes live?

First thing that came to my head. New end-game crafting material is rewarded exclusively through Conquests which get turned off for a month lol? :rak_grin:

While your at it, how about re-vamping conquest completely! like adding true conquest per planet like fighting waves of npc's for points, taking over key points on a planet for points, gsf map to fight other guilds for points etc etc etc... also the rewards can be if your guild places top 10 your guild gets a 10% boost to credits when looting or something in those regards... come on bioware make conquest great! and bring back the idea of driving at-at's! Conquest is just making us run old content and gets boring really really fast as it stands now... just saying...

First thing that came to my head. New end-game crafting material is rewarded exclusively through Conquests which get turned off for a month lol? :rak_grin:

well the hard core raiders will be happy. they'll get a month to waggle their e-peens and think anyone else cares :)

I have to assume this means that the exclusive Conquest-only mats needed to craft the high-end gear won't be available for a month after FE goes live?

I like it this way. When I read the crafting blog, I felt sad that the new HM gear is not exclusive anymore. For all previous content, when a new tier first came out, you could only get it by running the operations yourself. Then a few months later when all progression players had the gear, everyone else was able to get the gear from crafting.

By delaying conquest, they make the HM gear more exclusive. It will also drive down the gear prices because crafters can start stockpiling gear and learn the schematics. Then the only thing driving up the prices will be the conquest mats but since everyone can do conquest on his own, he can farm the mats himself and trade them in for gear at a crafter.

I wonder how this will affect future raids since they did say they will bring new operations, and how they will handle it then if we get a new tier.

Edited by Jerba

Lol this is utter gold - release a blog telling us about conquest changes and within an hour release a post saying things that are more or less contradicting it.

Seriously Eric ... sort your **** out.

Look how quick other eagle eyed players noticed this was an issue yet you make no mention of it in your post above? Does communication exist within your team or company? "If we do this what are the consequences and let's communicate those consequences to the community at the time so we don't look even more foolish".

Yet as usual you'll probably take a day or so to reply if you bother at all to alleviate or confirm our concerns and what, if anything, will be done about it.

Or maybe I'll be surprised ... one can only hope.

They could turn them off for a year and I wouldn't care - so long as they grant what has been earned but not received. I have lost three titles and planetary Conquest achievements, now.

well the hard core raiders will be happy. they'll get a month to waggle their e-peens and think anyone else cares :)

By deriding our feats and earnings, you show your jealousy.

Amazing! How did you miss this Bioware? We cannot do conquest the first month, and we cannot craft elder game gear without meeting said conquest goals?

Also, all that stuff being "removed" from the game...what abuot the crafting nodes we have from conquest in our strongholds? and What about the prices of the items themselves? Is there going to be a vendor price for said removed items?

Seems like there's no point in crafting at all for the time being, because these mats are going to be useless. No point even leveling a crafting skill.

My gosh Bioware! How much more can you mess up at once? I'm furious! You guys just don't think ahead and we pay and pay and pay.... how are you going to achieve these things? Wow.

Turning off conquest is a feature, not a bug!

But seriously, turn it off, go back to the drawing board, get some of the actual players of your game involved in the design and then re-launch it. There have been numerous ideas put out there.

As it is broken more than a year after launch it's an embarrassment for BW. It lacks imagination and worse, it shows that you don't have the capability to code properly. It has the potential to be a great component of the game, but you're going to have to put some intellectual and financial resources into it.

By delaying conquest, they make the HM gear more exclusive. It will also drive down the gear prices because crafters can start stockpiling gear and learn the schematics. Then the only thing driving up the prices will be the conquest mats but since everyone can do conquest on his own, he can farm the mats himself and trade them in for gear at a crafter.

what gear can be stockpiled? the crafting post stated operation gear could not be r/e so you lost me here

Edited by shadowvashed

what gear can be stockpiled? the crafting post stated operation gear could not be r/e so you lost me here

The shells cannot be RE'd but the mods can. From my understanding:

• Story mode schematics can be gotten directly from the trainer, or by running SM operations and REing the mods.
  • Hard mode schematics can be gotten by crafting and REing SM mods, or by running HM operations and REing the mods.

Since we cannot craft SM mods without the conquest materials, the only way to get the schematics for HM mods is by running hard mode, pulling out the mods and REing them for the schematics.

But we'll see ourselves when KotFE launches.