Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorcerer/Sage Topic


TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.11.2019 , 12:39 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Genei rule of thumb is don't bubble another sorcerer. Main reason is since you don't know what utilities they may have going you don't know if they have the lightning shield or the passive that heals. Those only trigger if the sorcerer bubbles themselves.

So unless asked I never bubble anyone other then myself.

I also don't bubble juggernauts for the same reason as stated. I can't count how many times ony juggernaut where I died because I pop Enraged Defense to be healed back to full, I get a bubble put on me and I miss out on a large amount of healing.

There are only so many charges of Enraged Defense and they expire fairly quickly which means they could potentially lose some or all of their heals.

So rule of thumb is is never bubble another player unless they ask or state at the beginning of the FP, OPS, WZ, etc that unless asked you won't bubble people.
100% agree and have had exaclty the same issues. What annoys me is when you actually ask other Sorcs not to bubble you they do it anyway. They are either trolling or don’t even know their own class enough to understand they are being dumb. Then at the end of the match they point to their dps and say they are better than you because they farmed dps all match instead of playing the objectives.

What’s annoys me the most about these bad players is Sorcs are ideally positioned to be node go betweens for back up. I nearly always disengage and head to a node before calls even arrive. But in doing so my dps will suffer because I don’t stay for the last kill to “buff” my dps ego,
People need to learn that the dps board means jack **** if you lose. DPS matters, but so does playing the objectives and knowing your class role on the team. Standing at mid spamming AOES to measure who has the biggest dick on the scoreboard doesn’t win matches,

I really wish they’d just remove the public dps scoreboard stats and totally replace them with a proper medal system that rewards winning and contributing to the team. If people want to see their own stats to measure their performance that should be private. Pvp is and should be a team effort, not who can do the most dps at the expense of the losing the game.

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
01.11.2019 , 12:42 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
100% agree and have had exaclty the same issues. What annoys me is when you actually ask other Sorcs not to bubble you they do it anyway. They are either trolling or don’t even know their own class enough to understand they are being dumb. Then at the end of the match they point to their dps and say they are better than you because they farmed dps all match instead of playing the objectives.
.
PVP I agree for the most part, outside pvp I don't. Read up what I wrote.
. <--------just this little red dot

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
01.11.2019 , 12:46 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
So rule of thumb is is never bubble another player unless they ask or state at the beginning of the FP, OPS, WZ, etc that unless asked you won't bubble people.
If I'm healing you, and you want my heals you're getting my bubble. Better beat me to it. Never had anyone say they didn't want my bubble. And when I'm sorc DPS I'm putting points in other activities than bubble stuff so I'll gladly take another's bubble especially if it helps their heals on ME. The few sorcs that wanted THEIR bubble, made sure it was on before I could put mine on.

However, if you're NOT the healer but are a sorc, absolutely, KEEP YOUR BUBBLE TO YOURSELF!
. <--------just this little red dot

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.11.2019 , 12:53 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Versatile doesn't equate to potent or effective. From the perspective of someone that played healers predominantly, DPS should hurt. ling sorcs do not hurt. Madness sorcs can hurt when played well.

I guess it is a L2P issue for every ling sorc I ever encountered because I never met one that dominated matches and struck fear into me like some of the better mara, mercs, snipers, operatives, juggs, and even the rare PT.

I guess nothing but unskilled need 2l players play ling sorcs?

There were some madness sorcs that actually hurt my healers, it took them time to ramp up their damage but some madness sorcs really can put decent single target pressure on an enemy.

Personally I'd rather have killing power over "versatility" any day as a DPS.
Lighting is basically a glorified utility spec that doesn’t do either dps or healing properly. They are broken if all you can do is AOE to get damage. IMO, Dots shouldn’t even be a thing on lightning and AOE should be an ability that’s only slightly annoying to stop spam cappers and nothing else.

Lighting should be more like an Arsenal Merc or MM sniper. But if Bioware want them to be more utility, then they need those utilities to be useful. That means allowing lighting to have either more damage to make a difference in a 1v1 fight or to pressure some classes like healers. Or they need to give them much better heals so they can properly off heal at the expense of doing less dps. Either make the class a proper utility class or make it a proper dps class.

IMHO, we don’t need any utility classes or hybrid classes. Dps Sorcs don’t need to off heal because healers are great, especially pared with a dedicated tank. The same thing goes for DPS Jugg, Sins and PTs, they don’t need to have a guard utility or taunt. Tanks should be enough if they know how to play. Hybrids are outdated and aren’t needed in this meta.

Remove Sorc off heals. Keep healing to self healing only. Slightly nerf the self healing and boost dps output to that of a proper dps class.... Fixed.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.11.2019 , 12:56 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
PVP I agree for the most part, outside pvp I don't. Read up what I wrote.
I can only contribute from a pvp perspective. I’m not a raider (or haven’t been for 5 years).

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
01.11.2019 , 01:03 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
I wasn't aware that healers had a specific rotation to follow. I know there are abilities that take priority because of buffs and procs and such.
To me that's just semantics. I could have said priority instead of rotation. Either way, I was doing one out of order and it's made healing for me much less frantic. I'm doing better numbers across the board just from changing prioritization of one single ability.

I agree about sorc bubble in PvE, it's really helpful from my perspective and there really shouldn't be too many times where someone's health is plummeting like that besides something dumb they're doing to themselves. If that's happening I'm not thinking about the bubble anyway. I will keep what you've all said about the bubble in PvP in mind, however. It's far more chaotic there and it's probably just easier to not bother and fill that space with something more useful.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Ecksi
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!
There's a difference between constructive criticism and hostility because you didn't get your way

YodaUnrea's Avatar


YodaUnrea
01.11.2019 , 05:12 AM | #47
Well in that case can somebody explain me why people saying that your 10k dps is not enough for them in nightmare OPS?

The answer is clear because other ranged classes like gunslinger forexample are doing waaaaaay higer damages then sages/sorcerers and they are ranged as well so what is this BS around what bioware said about rangeds? so thats not matters at all. in this case it is clear there are a very decent amount of elitism is effecting the current issue as well, while other classes performing way better as ranged dps in pve. What would you say in this case hm? you would form your own group? sure but when they see you are a sorc/sage people leaving your group. Because tehy all know how the class is perfmorning in high end meta build. So this is this is the reason to buff the sorc/sage damages too, becasue they got outshadowed by other classes and specs. And this effects alot of players who will get fustrated and leavs the game. And they are also see how other classes are performing, currently juggers are disgustingly overpowered with the gunslingers as well, and gunslinger is a ranged one, not a mele. while other ranged dps class like sorc/sages are at the botom of the dps list, and thats an issue. I dotn give a damn thing about PVP. cos sorc/sages are basicly in pvp means you are a free kill for mele, and other overpowered ranged classes. This is an issue, and it is all leads back to the fact that sorc/sages are weak as hell. Look up the statistics as well if you have doupts in my words. isntead just kepp saying teh same mindless BS about the sorcerers and sages are fine. What is fine about you are not accepted in any endcontet ops becasue your class is under performing? Alot of people arguing about this issues in almost every chat ingame. And i have seen there are also alot of same topics as well on the forums, and they are right. I have seen i have experianced what is wrong with the sorc/sages damages and thats not okay at all. You think thats fair and fine to see otehr ranged dps on teh deccent position on the list wihle yours are always at the bottom? No thats not okay reguardless what Bioware thinks about the ranged dps classes. And i dont think thats fine you are getting locked out from any group activity becasue of this sheet show what is going around with sorc/sages.
Refered Link for Free Stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/SxdhVj

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
01.11.2019 , 07:55 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by YodaUnrea View Post
Well in that case can somebody explain me why people saying that your 10k dps is not enough for them in nightmare OPS?

The answer is clear because other ranged classes like gunslinger forexample are doing waaaaaay higer damages then sages/sorcerers and they are ranged as well so what is this BS around what bioware said about rangeds? so thats not matters at all.

in this case it is clear there are a very decent amount of elitism is effecting the current issue as well, while other classes performing way better as ranged dps in pve. What would you say in this case hm? you would form your own group? sure but when they see you are a sorc/sage people leaving your group.

Because tehy all know how the class is perfmorning in high end meta build. So this is this is the reason to buff the sorc/sage damages too, becasue they got outshadowed by other classes and specs.

this effects alot of players who will get fustrated and leavs the game. And they are also see how other classes are performing, currently juggers are disgustingly overpowered with the gunslingers as well, and gunslinger is a ranged one, not a mele. while other ranged dps class like sorc/sages are at the botom of the dps list, and thats an issue.

I dotn give a damn thing about PVP. cos sorc/sages are basicly in pvp means you are a free kill for mele, and other overpowered ranged classes. This is an issue, and it is all leads back to the fact that sorc/sages are weak as hell.

Look up the statistics as well if you have doupts in my words. isntead just kepp saying teh same mindless BS about the sorcerers and sages are fine. What is fine about you are not accepted in any endcontet ops becasue your class is under performing?

Alot of people arguing about this issues in almost every chat ingame. And i have seen there are also alot of same topics as well on the forums, and they are right.

I have seen i have experianced what is wrong with the sorc/sages damages and thats not okay at all. You think thats fair and fine to see otehr ranged dps on teh deccent position on the list wihle yours are always at the bottom?

No thats not okay reguardless what Bioware thinks about the ranged dps classes. i dont think thats fine you are getting locked out from any group activity becasue of this sheet show what is going around with sorc/sages.
Here I fixed it for you so it's easier to read.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
01.11.2019 , 08:52 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Here I fixed it for you so it's easier to read.
Awesome. I refused to read that earlier. Thank you.

Here's an idea OP:

BW needs to make 3 "cookie cutter" templates. One for Tank classes, one for DPS classes and one for Heal classes. Give each class a specific set of abilities, all having the exact same effect - all tanks get the abilities, all dps get the same abilities and all healers the same abilities. The only difference would be the animations and visual effects. Remove all utilities so there is no way to hybridize.

Next, change all armor and weapons to have fixed stats - color crystals become cosmetic. We can use the appearance designer tabs to change what characters look like, with the inclusion of weapon slots.

Finally give everyone a set health pool and ability pool.

No diversity, other than playing the 3 different roles, basically.

Now ask yourself this: How long would such a game keep my attention? For me, the second they do something like that would be the second I was out the door never to look back, except in disgust. And I'm already disgusted enough at the state of the game.

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
01.11.2019 , 09:14 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I thought the tooltips expressly said that this effect would only happen for you and not others that you bubble. Bubbling others should only absorb incoming damage to them, right?
See this again:
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
3 reasons some sorcs don't want someone else's bubble:
  1. Lightning Barrier: Your Static Barrier crackles with electricity, shocking attackers for X damage when it absorbs direct damage to you. This effect cannot occur more than once each second.
  2. Backlash: Static Barriers you place on yourself erupt in a flash of light when they end, blinding up to 8 nearby enemies for 3 seconds. This effect breaks from direct damage.
  3. Corrupted Barrier: Your Static Barrier, Force Barrier, and Enduring Bastion heal you for 1% of your total health every second for as long as they last. This healing scales up to 4% with the charges of Enduring Bastion.
When other sorcerers "bubble" me it prevents me using my own awesome shield (I use Lightning barrier and Corrupted Barrier) for their crappy bubble. Even if I get rid of theirs I still have the enforced cooldown before I can re-shield myself to contend with It is very annoying!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link