What would you like to see for PvP?

aristrokratie

In 4.0 nothing really new or cool was announced for PvP, they seem to keep the idea of swtor being turned into a chapter based role play heavy game. The current issues we have in PvP are not adressed in any way.

Just post whatever comes to your mind that could be helpful.

- seperate PvP balancing from PvE: (e.g. ability x does 30% reduced damage in PvP combat)

(this is crucial because if something gets nerfed or buffed in one section, the other section takes a big kick into the balls)

-New content:

Maybe a whole new gamemode like 2v2 deathmatch, or just a few fresh maps, one reg is not enough, bw has the misconception that everyone is a regstar. that is wrong, basically the people who complain at least do some sort of ranked

-Huttball lockout :D

You can enable it and once you did one huttball or quesh huttball, you are save of them for 1h

-change solo rating system

It is just bad, apart from the all present douchbag-roulette the game also really punishes people who refuse to queue dodge or just are not smart enough to do so. Also faction imbalance matters-.-. swtor employees should also be able to give rating back to people who are victims of wintrading.

-reduce the amount of roots every class has and reduce all slows.

make roots count to the whitebar and make every loss of control effect that lasts longer than 1.5 seconds default fill the bar by half (3.5 second aoe stun pt). Yeah lolslash would also count.

-tune down burstdamage and nerf sorcheals as well as other well known fotm specs down to a considerable niveau, NOT MOREM BW likes to nerf fotm specs if they get around to it waay more than necessary

-Do not buff mara, regardless of how much some of them cry!!

they'll be fine when some of the roots are gone and some of the fotm specs nerfed. Especially I as a scoundrel healer am like ***? when maras cry that they are not as op anymore and melting people with 16k hits (back then that was 50% of our health) as they used to be doing. Shell I also start to cry because my scoundrel is no longer op? Maras actually are doing really well right now, they are just no match for the godmode specs that dominate pvp atm.

Mara is good, fotm specs are better that is it.

-Make some classes more challenging to play:

There are classes that I like to play like sent or scoundrel healer, which are at an okayish difficulty, and there are classes like sorcheals which ''only need only 4 buttons'' to win (ofc that does not make you a good sorc but every jerk can at least do something good with a sorc and good sorcs are at least as good as godlike mercs) . this should be adressed.

-overhaul guardian survivability:

It is very sad. They cannot die when focused by 3 people, but they are dead very quickly in arenas. Their defensives are a bit like force barrier, a little time godmode and then nothing, you have no real escape option

-change lolslash:

It is annoying as **** that sins can stun you for 4 seconds with a 30 yard range 3-4 times a minute if they do not damage you, it is intended to be a anti kiting skill but actually is far more than that, it is a 4 second healer stun in arenas with the whitebar filling less quickly. make it only root the target in place for 4 seconds depending on if the target gets damaged if used from further away than melee range

-make sin tanks and pt unable to kill people by pulling them into the fire/acid or making them fall down in voidstar.

-remove cc immunity for most classes (looking at sins primarily, then juggs, having no option to not take the ravage is stupid, make them immune to knockbacks but not stuns)

-balance specs bw, buffing overperforming specs is what you like to do but you should not :p

I hope we can start a constructive discussion here and maybe BW realizes that PvP needs some attention, It has always felt to me like PvP is just a second source of money but nothing they really care about (like ''lol you want a new map? you all hate huttball? HERE WE GO, QUESH HUTTBALL!!!)

I'd like to see CC toned down, immunities to CC taken away, and speed bursts in pvp combat removed. All of this crap did nothing but bloat a CC system that was already not in the best place. Go back to when 55 was cap level, before 3.0. I was satisfied with how pvp was then, mostly anyway.

I love pvp the way it is. I like that certain classes do way way better in certain warzone. Homogonization ruined wow pvp in my opinion. I think maras need a large buff in the form of hp regen or leech or something. You know, like when they were good.

EDIT: ACTUALLY I do want some changes. Allow respeccing IN arena before the gates open. I dislike praying to RNGESUS. Also do cross server pvp. I don't accept previous reasons for it not being a thing already. What is this, the dark ages? Get with the times.

Edited by Huggsnotdruggs

The biggest thing they can do for pvp is balance classes for both pvp and pve. No more balancing for one or the other. As far as nerfing LOL slash, what exactly would you propose to replace it? Assassins have been hit with a lot of nerfs lately, which yes some were needed, but some were not, like the range nerfs to hatred. If you buff or nerf something you need to balance the class properly so it doesn't become under powered or over powered. Edited by Iona_Var

I think the biggest thing they could do for PvP is write a script that takes into account a players choice of discipline when putting people into teams.

I know that healers don't always win matches, but a game of Ancient Hypergate, where one team dominates mid due to a 2/3 vs. zero healer situation, that's just boring. Mix a tank into there and you have a thick wall of "f*** you!" between you and the orbs.

It can't be hard to write a script that starts to balances the teams out. As soon as sixteen people have been found for the wz, can't the script check who is a healer, and if there is more than one, put it onto the other team? This doesn't always work with premade groups, but I've seen a lot of situations where people got 2 or 3 healer vs zero healer situation without any premades. Both on the winning and the loosing side.