Smugglers reason for warzone?

Rakeria

This has actually crossed my mind while playing Warzone. What motive does the Smugglers have to join the battle? They are said to be free and independent and they aren't bound to the Republic. Bounty Hunters, I understand, they get hired to win the battle but that ain't the Smugglers job, right?

What do you guys think, what motives does a Smuggler have to fight on a battlefield?

(LORE-Talk here, no "My smuggler feels like it to get XP.")

I'd be interested to hear anyones RP-motive also! :)

Chapter 2 spoilers:

The smuggler becomes a civilian contractor for the Republic military in chapter 2 of the class quest. So it makes perfect sense that they'd be in the WZ.

Aah, that makes sense!

You have any idea how much red tape would be involved in bringing enough kolto to a skirmish to keep eight people from suffering any permanent injury? Any idea how expensive it would be to move those supplies while utilizing normal channels, in proper, Selkath-certified medical vessels?

I'm guessing the answer would be somewhere between "a whole lot" and "astronomical."

You could also use the kolto connection to explain crit heals on the battlefield: the shady export of off-brand "duty-free" kolto doesn't always meet certain minimum purity requirements.

Chapter 2 spoilers:

The smuggler becomes a civilian contractor for the Republic military in chapter 2 of the class quest. So it makes perfect sense that they'd be in the WZ.

haha yeah I was about to reply with 'ohhh someone actually hasn't played the smuggler story' :D

and to the OP: you're not the only one who doesn't fully understand it. even one of the smuggler's companions doesn't understand why they help the republic ;D

Edited by amnie

haha yeah I was about to reply with 'ohhh someone actually hasn't played the smuggler story' :D

and to the OP: you're not the only one who doesn't fully understand it. even one of the smuggler's companions doesn't understand why they help the republic ;D

Miss Akaavi "Oh the Sith Empire is the best and they are gonna win" Spar? She drives me nuts.

Some smugglers are republic privateers and are either paid to do that or extremely patriotic. Others are insane or realize they can make a quick buck patching up a jedi or trooper. Or get paid completing the objectives in each warzone.