Crazy Lag

DonBosso

Yesterday evening and this evening I'm experiencing HUGE lag in game.

It was fine during the day, then it suddenly began to lag like crazy. MS jumping up to 2k and more, then drop down to like 160 ms and build up from there.

I've checked my internet speed and everything, it's all fine.

Tried other MMOs and it's all fine there too.

Restarted the modem just in case, but it didn't change lag in SWTOR.

I heard Darth Malgus had issues today; but ... I just wanna see, is anyone else experiencing these strange lag intervals?

Yarp. Tried to log in earlier, took multiple attempts because I kept getting the "log in servers are offline, please check Twitter" (obviously no tweetery relevant because they weren't down, just timing out), then loading screen kept repeating on itself back to the server selection list before it finally accepted my choice. Got in to Fleet Chat full of "OMG LAAAAAG!" and having to click things twelve times before it realises I'm trying to interact. Did a GSF and it was actually stable, which is odd, but as soon as I came out and looted my wee box, nope, no reaction to selections and then just disconnected. Only to character screen luckily, don't think I have the log-in-server battle in me for a second time tonight!

So yeah, whatever it is seems to be fudding the log in servers and the main play servers, but somehow GSF is immune. That or I was just mad lucky for that specific window.

To be honest I did have in the past week some issues the ping rocketing to the sky while not allowing me to do anything in the mean time and then after 3-5 min coming back to normal! Im in the UK, internet is working fine on anything else also my ping in game usually stays betwen 20-30 ms so dunno, the last days didn't have any issues so....its weird XD