Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

Lhancelot
02.16.2020 , 09:27 AM | #11
Icy_kill created a post complaining about vote kicks being exploited back in 2016. Safe to say aint **** gone be done about it if it's been 4 years and the exploit continues on.

You can see the thread yourself. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=880246

Thread titled, "Vote to kick cheats."
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Raansu
02.16.2020 , 10:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by carruck View Post
Maybe try learning how to play the game in regs, ranked isn't for you to waste others time while you learn basic game mechanics. If you're getting kicked its probably because you either suck or someone actually doesn't like you, but since it happens all the time I would say its because you suck. Take a moment to look at it from the ranked players view, a match starts with 7 good players and 1 troll. whichever team gets that troll will most likely lose, then they kick you. New players should be learning how to play the game before queueing.
The vote kick system should not be removed, tho a gate should be added to prevent total noobs from queueing into ranked.

Bottom line: your issue will be solved if you get good.
People like you are the reason ranked queue is dead. You're probably not even that good.

Beyrahl
02.16.2020 , 09:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
One wonders why such people are still considered "friends."
I was talking in terms, that the people who kicked the person were friends, teaming up to kick players they do not like. Not people I would consider a friend.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
What about people that miss pops because they're afk? What you're suggesting is the way it worked before, and I remember plenty of afk leavers back in sesaon 1 when people were forced into the matches. I know cross-role backfills suck, but I think it's better than a 3v4.

There's perhaps a hybrid solution, which is when you get a pop, you get a ready screen like they have for flashpoints, except you can't see who the other players are. If everyone readies up, the match starts. If someone is afk or declines at that point, the match won't start and no one loses anything. Maybe that could still be abused in some way, or just used to troll the queue by declining constantly, but I think it would be better than what we have now.
You extend even better on this idea, though it's just one part of the problem. The more the people realize it's a problem the better solutions as a community we can come up with. While yes someone AFKs into games, I feel like they should be punished for such a thing, we at least have their name and can report them for constantly reoffending. As currently, we don't have a clue who they are or if it was coordinated, even with a ton of coincidences that make it look like it was.

JediMasterAlex
02.16.2020 , 11:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
I was talking in terms, that the people who kicked the person were friends, teaming up to kick players they do not like. Not people I would consider a friend.
Fair enough, my mistake.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
You extend even better on this idea, though it's just one part of the problem. The more the people realize it's a problem the better solutions as a community we can come up with. While yes someone AFKs into games, I feel like they should be punished for such a thing, we at least have their name and can report them for constantly reoffending. As currently, we don't have a clue who they are or if it was coordinated, even with a ton of coincidences that make it look like it was.
Knowing who they are is good I suppose, but only if Bioware takes decisive action based on credible reports. It seems as though things have been better on that front since Mike B took over, but I'm not sure we want to rely on that. It would be better if it was as autonomous as possible.