Tulak Hord and Naga Sadow

Dendarogg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Khem Val isn't exactly sane. He doesn't seem to realize that after several hundred years, people tend to go off and die somewhere, so his ranting about Tulak "imprisoning" him there might be less literal than we think it is. I honestly can't remember if Zash ever tells you outright that Tulak put him there.

Korriban is the ancient homeworld of the Sith. The Dark Lords of the Sith that we know of today, took over their old monuments and buildings and re-purposed them. So most likely, the tombs were already in existence but were made infamous by Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, etc, etc.

It really makes no sense.

Something else from the SI story line that makes no sense:

why Lord Kallig, who was around at the time of Tulak Hord (so at least 1300-3000+ years before the game begins) seems dismayed that he hasn't secured the position of his descendants, like, a hundred generations later. It would be like expecting the thousands, if not millions of descendants of William the Conqueror to own a country each.

No, actually this does make sense. The SW story has your background as the scion of a powerful Sith lineage, this Empire is very big on ancestry. Those who are known to come from powerful Dark Lords of the Sith, or who can trace their ancestry back several hundred generations (Sith Pureblood is a good example of this) are treated as nobility.

Kallig let his name/family fall into anonymity, so instead of being a descendent of Lord Kallig, you're just slave.

Something I never understood is if your playing an alien how Lord Kallig is your ancestor, I suppose you could say at some point there was hybridization with Sith (species) or Humans, but the Sith Empire plotted extremely isolated in the Unknown Regions for thousands of years and Kallig is implied to be ancient. Edited by usmarshal

• 5 months later...
Another question about Naga Sadow's tomb: why is it on Korriban?

I know he died on Yavin 4, where he fled after he was defeated at the end of the Great Hyperspace War and where his spirit was destroyed by Freedon Nadd 600 years later.

i think it is because the sith built their tombs before they died, darth vader actually had a tomb built for him on korriban

Another question about Naga Sadow's tomb: why is it on Korriban?

I know he died on Yavin 4, where he fled after he was defeated at the end of the Great Hyperspace War and where his spirit was destroyed by Freedon Nadd 600 years later.

The Egyptians built tombs of their pharohs soon after they came into power, so possibly that was where he was meant to go, but couldn't?

You should talk to Talos Drellik more. He asks the EXACT same question. And he, as a Naga Sadow expert, can't answer it. My best guess would be that the tomb was not erected for Sadow in the first place but later named as such.

EDIT:

Another possiblity I just considered is this: We learn on Balmorra, through a Codex entry, that Tulak Hord had hidden vaults throughout the galaxy. Maybe he contained Khem in such a vault. Somebody found the vault someday, and at some point the Tomb of Naga Sadow was built around Hord's vault, with Khem as a possible final safeguard against intruders.

Edited by Darkelefantos

You should talk to Talos Drellik more. He asks the EXACT same question. And he, as a Naga Sadow expert, can't answer it. My best guess would be that the tomb was not erected for Sadow in the first place but later named as such.

What if the Tomb on Korriban was someone other powerful Sith but its name became lost and people started to assume it was Sadows?

• 1 year later...

Seeing as Khem Val was a loyal servant and honor-bound to tulak hord after have been defeated by Tulak hord in an honorable duel, he was never "imprisoned" he was put in the stasis chamber to sleep untill the day that Tulak hord would return for him (there is no lore that i could/have found yet) that tells us why he did this, how ever this as said before is now known as tomb of Naga Sadow, but the fact is that said tomb existed long before Naga Sadow. and a possible reason for it to have been named after him is that his acolytes moved his body to burry it on the sith home world. and as for the "playing an alien and being hier of Kallig" well it is known that the dark jedi that found the sith species later "mixed" DNA with them and bringing other bloodlines in to the pureblood's bloodline, so there is a possibility that kallig himself was not an pureblood, how ever seeing as all "races" can be an hier of kallig. well that is most likely because Bioware didnt wanna limit the "class" to one or 2 races so the heir of kallig might be alien, after all its been a few generations before "SWTOR" launched.

we also know that his only aprentice killed him, and that Kallig was just at the right place at the right time, and collected manny of tulak hord's artifacts. which leads the inquisitor questline in to getting khem val as a companion because the artifacts that was found by kallig did not all go in to "hidden vaults" some of them was to be kept as "public" records in the sith academy.

Keep in mind that he tells you that the only reason we were able to beat him is because he was in a weakend state, i mean who wouldent be after haveing been asleep for over 600 years+ :cool:

Edited by Drethius

• 3 weeks later...
What I don't understand is how it could have been possibile to imprison him in a tomb of a Sith Lord born and dead several centuries later.

Maybe he switched tombs at some point? :rak_09:

Edited by Karkais

Something I never understood is if your playing an alien how Lord Kallig is your ancestor, I suppose you could say at some point there was hybridization with Sith (species) or Humans, but the Sith Empire plotted extremely isolated in the Unknown Regions for thousands of years and Kallig is implied to be ancient.

My SI was an alien. There was an offhand mention that Kallig was very remarkable for his time for being an alien Sith.

My SI was an alien. There was an offhand mention that Kallig was very remarkable for his time for being an alien Sith.

Is there anything ruling out Tulak and Kallig as being members of the Exiles who became the first Dark Lords of the Sith? This would actually explain a lot of the oddities about what we've heard of both those characters.

• We know there were aliens among the Exiles, such as XoXaan, which could account for the possibility of an alien Kallig. (The only real plot hole would be how his family line continued without others of his species around, but that can be easily explained away by saying they found and enslaved others of the appropriate species.)
  • It would allow Tulak to have been a "lightsaber master" like Khem Val and Kreia said, since we know the Exiles used lightsabers (or proto-sabers) before Sith Alchemy Swords became more popular in the Empire.
  • It would mean Tulak could have "fought the Jedi" if they were talking about during the Second Great Schism - it just would be before he actually considered himself a Dark Lord of the Sith.
  • And a really minor point, that by itself I would never consider "proof" of anything, but with the upcoming packs Tulak Hord is getting an armor set, and so is every (other?) known member of the Exiles.

Edited by DarthDymond

Is there anything ruling out Tulak and Kallig as being members of the Exiles who became the first Dark Lords of the Sith? This would actually explain a lot of the oddities about what we've heard of both those characters.

I started looking into this, but to my knowledge there is nothing that would support either possibility (they were or they weren't). Although dark jedi arrived to Korriban roughly 7000-6900 B.B.Y, if that matters. (mentioned in both Book of Sith and "Jedi vs Sith"). Apparently the hundred-year darkness/war was 7000-6900 BBY and the dark jedi exiles arrived to Korriban after that.

Sorzys Syn's chronicle in the book of Sith claims there were 12 exiles that arrived to Korriban. We know five of those names: Ajunta Pall, marchioness XoXaan, Sorzys Syn, Baron Dreypa and Karness Muur.

ps. Exiles had lightsabers, but they had to be connected to a power pack in their belt with a cord. I'm not sure when was this limitation removed.

Edited by Karkais

I started looking into this, but to my knowledge there is nothing that would support either possibility (they were or they weren't). Although dark jedi arrived to Korriban roughly 7000-6900 B.B.Y, if that matters. (mentioned in both Book of Sith and "Jedi vs Sith"). Apparently the hundred-year darkness/war was 7000-6900 BBY and the dark jedi exiles arrived to Korriban after that.

Sorzys Syn's chronicle in the book of Sith claims there were 12 exiles that arrived to Korriban. We know five of those names: Ajunta Pall, marchioness XoXaan, Sorzys Syn, Baron Dreypa and Karness Muur.

ps. Exiles had lightsabers, but they had to be connected to a power pack in their belt with a cord. I'm not sure when was this limitation removed.

From Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber#Sith_developments_and_usage

It seems the Dark Lords of the Sith Empire were ultimately responsible for the advancement of lightsabers, replacing the belt-mounted power pack with a power cell within the hilt. An internal superconductor was introduced, which transferred the returning looped energy from the negative-charged flux aperture back into an internal power cell. With this modification, the power cell would only expend power when the energy loop was broken, such as when the lightsaber cut something, solving the power supply problem. According to the Tedryn Holocron, the Sith also created the schematics for the first double-bladed lightsabers.[4][16] Wielders of these original modern lightsabers include Karness Muur, a Dark Jedi who had wielded an archaic lightsaber, but later switched to a curve-hilted modern lightsaber.[17]. The Sith crew of the Omen were also equipped with modern lightsabers.[18]

Muur also appears to have been one of the Sith Lords to establish the tradition of wielding lightsabers with synthetic lightsaber crystals, which was maintained until its resurgence in 3653 BBY. However, this tradition was disregarded by Exar Kun during his reign, as he and his followers opted instead to continue using their Jedi lightsabers in combat, though at least one follower used a lightsaber with a red crystal. However, this tradition was reestablished by the Sith acolyte Haazen and the Dark Lords Revan and Malak. After Revan and Malak, the tradition continued to be observed by virtually every noteworthy Sith Lord.

Despite the advancements in lightsaber technology apparently pioneered by the Sith, most Dark Lords of the era spurned the use of lightsabers in favor of Sith swords.[16]

So the limitation was removed during the time of the Exiles but weren't used by all Sith.

Thus even if many Sith preferred Sith Swords, Tulak Hord could have used a lightsaber.

Also even though there were 12 exiles, they all had their own followers and servants.

Edited by Little_Judas

Also even though there were 12 exiles, they all had their own followers and servants.

In my opinion it can be presumed that the followers and servants were not force-sensitive, and thus shouldn't count for the purposes of this discussion.

edit: By this I mean that Sorzus Syn would have counted extra force-sensitives of any stature among the 12 that she mentioned.

Edited by Karkais

EDIT: Nevermind this post. I had a long thing about how, even if Hord was definitively an Exile, Kallig would have to be ambiguous because Pureblood Sith is a species option.

But I forgot that they explicitly say in the race description that 'pureblood' is a misnomer and most have human ancestors as well. So Aloysius Kallig may have been human (and thus an Exile) even if the Inquisitor is Sith "Pureblood" (the only species that it would otherwise have been impossible for an Exile to be).

Edited by DarthDymond