Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

I came back to the game after a long break and I must say I have never done flashpoint before (geared on operations to almost full rakata), and after coming back was a bit shocked that you can skip so many bosses but I never complained. I started using Group Finder to learn how to tank again because after such a break I was not sure if I can still do it. I must say I enjoy doing the full run because it's more training, but I also don't care if we skip, because in a matter of minutes I can do another Flashpoint and kill some bosses again. I think everyone here has it's own preferences and it doesn't matter how you do it. If people in my party want to skip we skip (even though at first they had to show me how to do it, and people were really not too nice when I was doing Lost Island HM for my first time and I did not know how to skip - good thing I was a decent geared tank otherwise I would probably get kicked). When I queque for a Flashpoint I always think that we will do a full run and I'm trying to have enough time for that.

What I want to say is there is no need to argue about such a thing. I understand the people who want to skip, because they did the flashpoint so many times and don't want to waste their time for people they don't even know!. But I also understand the people who want to try the full flashpoint, because there are many reasons to do so. You can always quit the group if you don't like it and find people that have the same preferences you do. I think there will come a time when people who complain here will start to skip bosses or just stop doing flashpoint after they gear decently.

Or, instead of spending daily coms for them I can get them from fighting the bosses in FPs.

ya know, it's easy to get /ignore and /kick for needing for companions...

'or instead of waisting time for 3 other people, I can get them while earning credits, learning how to play, looking for a guild who will take me sm/hm operations...'

ya know, it's easy to get /ignore and /kick for needing for companions...

'or instead of waisting time for 3 other people, I can get them while earning credits, learning how to play, looking for a guild who will take me sm/hm operations...'

I don't need for companions, not without asking if everyone is fine with it. I don't see why it makes more sense to grind dailies for weeks to get implants when I could just take a few minutes to fight the bosses. I also enjoy fighting the bosses, while dailies are boring grind.

There's no way in hell I would join a guild and/or do Ops. Haha, no.

Doing dailies should come natural for a new lvl 50, you need it for cash, daily coms, bh coms as well as to get better with your rotation/specc.

Dailies are also mind-numbingly boring. I don't particularly need them for credits or anything, not unless I want to stockpile huge sums of credits.

Edited by Revanchis

Dailies are also mind-numbingly boring. I don't particularly need them for credits or anything, not unless I want to stockpile huge sums of credits.
Yes they are, but they are necessary to quickly get relics, ear and implants. Even if you pick them up off a boss in HMFP, they will not be rakata level.

Section X give 3 comms each and can be done in 20 mins (not doing heroics) and that is me doing them on a healer on my dps it is even faster. On dps I can do all the dailies even all the heroics, but the 4+ in about a hour.

Getting gear is the individuals responsibility and we should not expect people to carry us to gear that we can get for ourselves especially when that gear is inferior to the gear that we can get for ourselves.

The last 3 toons that I've leveled (last 3-4 months) have been leveled with a mix of class/main planet quest only and Flash Points. My current toon is at 39 and I've done everysingle FP that appears in GF and depending on when I log on in the evening, I get to do 2 (sometimes 3) FPs per play session (as a DPS). This is true for both Empire and Republic sides (latest is a Sage, previous 2 were a Juggernaut and a Mercenary).

I'm on The Red Eclipse (EU) server. Maybe it is a problem on your server.

I do play on the same server, maybe it's because of the time of day i play at, it's off peak hours, is why i'm having the problem, i still find the hardest to find a group for are the ones right before lvl 50 like D7 story, red reaper, and colicoid.

I initially started playing off peak because it was easier to complete dailies (this is back at launch when you'd have up to 1 hour wait to log into some servers), but i guess the flip side is it's also harder for find groups at that time

Yes they are, but they are necessary to quickly get relics, ear and implants. Even if you pick them up off a boss in HMFP, they will not be rakata level.

Section X give 3 comms each and can be done in 20 mins (not doing heroics) and that is me doing them on a healer on my dps it is even faster. On dps I can do all the dailies even all the heroics, but the 4+ in about a hour.

Getting gear is the individuals responsibility and we should not expect people to carry us to gear that we can get for ourselves especially when that gear is inferior to the gear that we can get for ourselves.

Who said anything about being carried, the number one reason I want to fight the bosses is because they're fun to kill. That's the whole point of the game, not gearing but having fun. If the game isn't fun in and of itself then it's pointless.

Who said anything about being carried, the number one reason I want to fight the bosses is because they're fun to kill. That's the whole point of the game, not gearing but having fun. If the game isn't fun in and of itself then it's pointless.

This is probably close to the truest statement i've ever read online!

The game is about having fun. If your not having fun and are playing anyway that's called an addiction

Who said anything about being carried, the number one reason I want to fight the bosses is because they're fun to kill.
Can you solo yourself to the gear? Can you kill the boss solo? Then you are be carried by the group to some extent. There also many people that just want to get gear, but do nothing to benefit the group in getting gear. I have seen people log in once a week to collect gear in ops. They were too lazy to augment, practice their rotation, get relics, get implants or ear, they were even too lazy to get the matrix cube. However, they were the first one that yell they needed a piece of gear.

Sorry that I implied you were like that, but that is the way it sounded when you said you did not want to do dailies because they were boring. I have heard that excuse many times. Guess what dailies are boring to me, but dailies gets me daily comms and black hole comms, which gets me gear and adds to the groups ability to complete a instances. So I have done my dailies over and over on 4 different toons now.

. That's the whole point of the game, not gearing but having fun. If the game isn't fun in and of itself then it's pointless.
I can agree with that and if I were grouped with you in group finder we would kill all the bosses if you gave me that reason even if we had to complete it and go back and kill the skpped bosses with our companions. I enjoying killing them too and have no problem doing it. I am also willing to help anyone get gear, what I am not for is getting people gear because they are too lazy or bored to get it themselves. Edited by mikebevo

But.... they give you a QUEST to go and get it! *facepalm*

Well, no. They don't "give" you a quest. You actually have to go to a mission terminal and pick it up. This myth that it's handed to you in the mail or whatever is what drives the misinformation about why some players miss out getting this free tionese gear.

Well, no. They don't "give" you a quest. You actually have to go to a mission terminal and pick it up. This myth that it's handed to you in the mail or whatever is what drives the misinformation about why some players miss out getting this free tionese gear.

It is however the same mission terminal that gives you the daily and weeklies for HMFPs. Makes you wonder if they are missing out on those comms too.

Actually you do get mail about it after a while. Not sure about the specifics, but there is a message sent to you about it.

Bioware doesn't need to change anything. You already have options. Join an active guild and run these fps with friends, or manually look for people on the fleet and tell them of your intentions to fight all bosses.

Agreed. Tell them up front you would like to do a full run and pick up all trash mobs and bosses.

I agree, it's ridiculous how people skip bosses. I mean some of the bosses drop implants, which the free tionese coms don't give you and the others drop tionese gear you could use to gear up companions.

most of gear u get from mid bosses and bonus become usless in 2 days if u know haw to play i play since beta and do hm only for coms as soon as i join i ask fast run or u guys watching if they say they kill all and watch movies i will apologise and quit grup once u run them hundrets of times u get bored and try to get them done asap

story mode for story driven players watch there and kill as much as u like on hm's only think that counts is last boss and bh coms

if i would not be able to skip bosses would not run the fp's but then i would have nothing to do in game so probebly would move on to another game

Edited by Brutal

Haha tbh after a while FPs like Taral V (which to my mind is the most boring thing I've ever played next to the Esseles) drain on you so I'm glad u can choose to skip bosses to get ur rewards etc. I do find it a bit amusing though in FPs like the foundry when 3 Jedis run up to stop the intruders as you run right past them....they don't even bat an eyelid haha

Hi all. I dont find this practice a problem. Most Peeps will do wat is asked of them if made clear at begining. My only prob is the speed at which they want to leave group members in the dust. As a healer its tough to stay on the Tank and the dps that thinks hes #1Eleetz and jumps ahead of the tank and melts away. The dps then cries to me about no healz man!!

In any case it should b up 2 the group and im always down for doin it all or skipping. But I totally see where your coming from OP.

The thing is with skipping is that a lot of people have no idea how to skip the mobs and bosses properly. They aggro while driving past mobs or drive into exhaustion zones. Ilum HM is always fun to watch when people try to make a shortcut through the snow instead of sticking to the metal path.

Sometimes skipping is more complicated and tiresome than actually killing whatever's in your way.

EDIT: Although once I was in a T5 HM with 3 Shadows and 1 Scoundrel. Fastest daily ever.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Simple rule: If you want to kill a boss, ask. I have never seen someone get turned down.

Now that being said, I prefer to skip as much as possible. I run FPs on my campaign / dreadguard geared tanks & healers not because I need the comms, but because many in the community want or need them. Queuing as a tank or heals lowers the queue time for the community as a whole. If you want me to stop being helpful, then by all means get BW to make bosses unskippable. I can gladly stop queueing. Ashara's already in BH gear, she doesn't need any upgrades.