Why are all the Powerful Bosses Male?

I was just decorating my stronghold and noticed a serious lack of female bosses with my trophies. Why do all my pictures have to be of dudes? Shouldn't there be more female bosses? It's only fair and equal since we all know women can be just as powerful as men.

Cortanni, Bestia, Brontes, sword squadron 1's driver, storm callers driver, and kelsara . There are six female raid bosses and out of the twenty nine humanoids in the end game.

Brontes was the toughest boss in not 1 but 2 ops. If anything it sounds like powerful women are overrepresented. But then again jedi and lightsabers don't actually exist either.

Cortanni, Bestia, Brontes, sword squadron 1's driver, storm callers driver, and kelsara . There are six female raid bosses and out of the twenty nine humanoids in the end game.

I was also thinking of Flashpoints, but yeah, your numbers illustrate my point very well, thank you.

You really don't want to start this kind of conversation on an MMO forum. If you feel he's being offensive, feel free to correct and\or report him. For now, you look like you're starting an Internet fight.

Good point, thank you.

You forgot Thrasher, Pearl and Sparky;)

And of course Revan was also female:p

Firstly they are not.

Secondly ask yourself how many players go out of their way to play the Amazonian female build or add scars. There is of course no overweight option like there is for males.

The playerbase likes sexy looking females whatever their actual gender and the developers know this. Boss characters have a tendency to be outrageous and grotesque in appearance and/or mind. That doesn't mesh well with sexy looking females.

Even Gaza the trooper class director has a decent set for someone old enough to be a grandmother.

The game is biased towards a certain ideal and that doesn't have many options for female boss characters without heading down a possibly japanese kinky female boss route which would not suit the "totally evil and nothing likeable bosses" theme which is a core of every operation.

So to avoid that they prefer to stick to majority male bosses which can be hugely grotesque, evil, mutilated and insane and that will be totally fine. A few female animals and totally not sexy token females can be mixed in for variety.

Bottom line is you shouldn't like the bosses. SWToR females have to be sexy due to the audience. Therefore there's a creative limit on female bosses.

Brontes was the toughest boss in not 1 but 2 ops. If anything it sounds like powerful women are overrepresented. But then again jedi and lightsabers don't actually exist either.

Coratanni (and i mean Coratanni only) is pretty tough in hc and it seems she will have a come back in the future.

I don't mind most of the bosses being male. After all, I am there to kill them. Down with the patriarchy. :D

Oh yeah, that's a good point. Women aren't the only people who deserve equal rights here. We need less male deaths on boss fights! :p

You know the hardest fights in the game?

Dread Council: Mix of males and Females

Corratani + Pearl: First half is girls, second half is men

Sword Squadron Commander: Mix of males and Females

I see a pattern forming...

That's a good point, I hope they stick with it 'cause that is really cool. The Beroya couple (Valk & Jos) are another good example in the FP area.

I don't mind most of the bosses being male. After all, I am there to kill them. Down with the patriarchy. :D

Haha, I was going to say this! :p

As a female I don't care that most of the bosses are male. And I bet that even if the developers DID add more female bosses, you lot would still refer to them in male terms as you discuss the boss fight. :rolleyes:

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8.

Don't forget the Infernal Council, the original SWTOR individual-gear-check boss. Somewhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 of them are female. (I wonder if the ratio changes between 8m and 16m?)

Master Control from the Operator IX fight has feminine programming, judging by the voice. And as mentioned before, the spawning of larvae by the Writhing Horror and the Terror From Beyond indicates that they are female (or in the case of the TFB, possibly hermaphroditic/asexual).

Thrasher is referred to as female, in S&V.

something something male disposability.:rolleyes:

And I bet that even if the developers DID add more female bosses, you lot would still refer to them in male terms as you discuss the boss fight. :rolleyes:

Heh, yeah. Some people I raided with always refered to Bestia and Brontes as "he".

Edited by Loc_n_lol

OP was probably baiting, and my post was tongue-in-cheek, but in all seriousness:

I think BW has done a great job with gender representation in this game. The only thing I slightly side-eye sometimes is the lessened (Flirt) options while leveling up for female characters. I've seen some say they have less Love Interest options, but when you look at all classes, I think that pretty much balances out overall.

Anyway, on this particular issue, good job BioWare, seriously. When you look at the Star Wars movies and compare female representation THERE to this game? Eeeesh. SWTOR is more on par with the animated series The Clone Wars, which is excellent.

(now players of color and lgbt players probably have a valid complaint in this department...)

Edited by halcyon_havoc