Its just me or Force Barrier is bugged?

DavidianChile

After patch 5.0 i noticed that Force Barrier isnt healing correctly with the utility point "Life Ward" (Sage). It says "Heal scale up to 4% with the charges of Enduring Bastion" But when i use Force Barrier, Enduring Bastion charges 4 times and it supposes to heal me a total of 16% but it heal me 4%. Anyone with that problem?

Enduring Bastion/Life Ward were indeed nerfed with 5.0 but you are misreading the utility. It states:

Your Force Armor, Force Barrier, and Enduring Bastion heal you for 1% of your total health every second for as long as they last. This healing scales up to 4% with the charges of Enduring Bastion.

So with 4 stacks of Enduring Bastion/Life Ward you are healed fro 4% of your max health per second. The base number is 1% that stacks up to 4 times, not 4% stacking up to 4 times. It used to be 2% so that with max Enduring Bast/Life Ward stacks you healed 8% of your max health per second but this was cut in half with 5.0

also, unless I totally misunderstand it, Enduring Bastion absorbs a certain amount of damage per stack, so it can be dpsed through and you'll only get 2-3 seconds of healing.

They should have counterparted somewhere the heal nerf, by a buff to EB damage taken, or another way to get the heal.

The way Barrier works, there should be a significant reward for keeping it up to 9sec, as it prevents any action while you do it. Defensive, offensive (CC immunity for a fixed duration would do nicely, as you just CCed yourself for 9 sec, and its not useable with most objectives, Odessen proving ground aside. Meanwhile sniper can crouch with the ball and entrench and so long as they are guarded/healed, there isnt much you can do to pull them around, except hope he doesnt go zipping out of range of your pull/kb when he'll move (ex. using covered escape).

What is important here also, is that mosty sorc healer are more than fine in pvp currently. THey have good kiting, good burst, good sustained, way to avoid shutdowns etc. The sole issue I've pointed out in another thread I can see, is merc's net preventing the use of the barrier. Something with the drawback it has and cooldown it has should override the net, no question's asked.

But again, its mostly why the heals on shield and barrier got nerfed, is that sorc healers were just ridiculously harder to kill than their ops and merc counterpart.

So whatever survivability and ability to keep dps under pressure, either by kiting or something similar, that is implanted must be implanted directly into the dps tree's passives to ensure heal spec doesnt also get access to them, and recreate a monster that will cause the nerf of the whole class in a later patch.

Thanks for your answers, im pretty satisfied. However, DPS Sages and Sorcs need to be buff in PvP, there are a lot of mercs in solo ranked.

My advice is to play a Merc unitl they bring Sage/Sorc out of the gutter. Which will be maybe a year from now or never.

I sent a ticket in soon after 5.0 hit. Response: We acknowledge the bug and will fix it at a later date. So maybe some Sorc bubbles are bugged, I know mine is, no heals whatsoever with the utility.

Same issue, sometimes when I use my shield I get no heal ticks at all.

I'm noticing there's no defense either.

Plus they're ridiculously, intrusively ugly. WAY, WAY too bright. Were people seriously unable to see them before?

I took my Sorceror out for the first time since 5.0, and I find he's incapable of doing much of ANYTHING now. He WAS one of my best characters, but now he's almost defenseless, can't do decent damage and can't even heal properly. More, he's out of power in the blink of an eye. NONE of my other characters are in this state.

I'm still assessing the damage they've done to my characters. I'll post more another time.