Class / Disciplines Streaming Schedule

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As many of you know, we will be streaming around each individual Advanced Class and the changes coming to their Disciplines in 3.0. We will be starting those streams this week and do one set of base Class mirrors each week for the three weeks thereafter. Here is our currently planned schedule. As always this could change, but here is our plan as of right now!

• Friday, November 7th - Bounty Hunter and Trooper
  • Thursday, November 13th - Inquisitor and Consular
  • Friday, November 21st - Warrior and Knight
  • Wednesday, November 26th - Agent and Smuggler

Thanks everyone! We'll see you on stream to talk about all of the changes coming to in 3.0.

-eric

Edit:

Link to the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/

Edited by HillaryNicole

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As many of you know, we will be streaming around each individual Advanced Class and the changes coming to their Disciplines in 3.0. We will be starting those streams this week and do one set of base Class mirrors each week for the three weeks thereafter. Here is our currently planned schedule. As always this could change, but here is our plan as of right now!

• Friday, November 7th - Bounty Hunter and Trooper
  • Thursday, November 13th - Inquisitor and Consular
  • Friday, November 21st - Warrior and Knight
  • Wednesday, November 26th - Agent and Smuggler

Thanks everyone! We'll see you on stream to talk about all of the changes coming to in 3.0.

-eric

Thank you. I'm glad to hear this. I think this might help dispel some of the theorycrafting going on the forum recently.

Would also love to hear what and how you guys plan to adjust mobs on the leveling planets, and anything else you currently have planned to adjust for 3.0 to coincide with the projected class changes and adjustments.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear this. I think this might help dispel some of the theorycrafting going on the forum recently.

Would also love to hear what and how you guys plan to adjust mobs on the leveling planets, and anything else you currently have planned to adjust for 3.0 to coincide with the projected class changes and adjustments.

How will holding a stream for some classes the week before the expansion is set to go live dispel all the angst driven theory-crafting going on the forums?

I'm glad to see them post an actual schedule, but I find it rather poor form to see them keep playing the 'string along information' game for all of November.

Edited by DawnAskham

Why is it the imp agents/snipers/operatives are always the last for this type of thing? :( That's cutting it far to late in my opinion, are things really that far behind that you won't be able to show us any details on snipers until a week before it's release for those of us who pre-ordered at the right time? Or have those dates been pushed back?

For the record it's the sniper I'm interested in rather than operative, please don't say we're having to wait till last because of operative issues?

• Dev Post
How long will these be? Based on the past two streams, one hour will likely not be enough to cover both ACs discipline sets and still allow questions which I am sure will be many.

Our goal will be to hit around one hour in length, although I certainly understand going through 6 Disciplines will take a while. The target is one hour but we will go as long as we need!

-eric

Our goal will be to hit around one hour in length, although I certainly understand going through 6 Disciplines will take a while. The target is one hour but we will go as long as we need!

-eric

Seeing as the 3.0 sorc stream has been the best thing you and your team has done in the last 12 months may I strongly recommend you clear another hour our of your busy schedule to give the streams the time they deserve.

We all want to see you pull this off well Eric, 1 hour is no where near enough time to cover 3 specs from 2 AC's; you're looking at 10 minutes to cover all the changes per spec.

Should this thread be made a sticky?

Yes.

I finally got around to watching the (recording of the) previous stream last night and was wondering where to post "When are you going to post the schedule?" I found it this morning just by happenstance, so this should probably be stickied and/or edited into the existing Developer Intro to Disciplines sticky.

Having watched an unofficial stream doing something similar I'd say one hour to cover both ACs is optimistic in the extreme. You can aim to do it in an hour but expect it to take a minimum of 90mins without rushing through it. 15mins for utilities, 10mins each discpline and a 15min Q+A at the end still looks like a tight schedule to me.

• Dev Post
Seeing as the 3.0 sorc stream has been the best thing you and your team has done in the last 12 months may I strongly recommend you clear another hour our of your busy schedule to give the streams the time they deserve.

We all want to see you pull this off well Eric, 1 hour is no where near enough time to cover 3 specs from 2 AC's; you're looking at 10 minutes to cover all the changes per spec.

Totally fair! We have the full two hours blocked out and ready if we need it. I should rephrase the stream times to say "at least one hour" :rak_03:.

Also, going to stick this thread as requested.

-eric

Thanks Eric.

I love the streams, so thank you!!! But with these running up to less than a week before release, is there any possibility that you'll release the class information earlier for Agent and Smuggler? This is a huge change coming...I just fail to see any reason to keep the changes hidden until so close to launch.

Thanks Eric.

I love the streams, so thank you!!! But with these running up to less than a week before release, is there any possibility that you'll release the class information earlier for Agent and Smuggler? This is a huge change coming...I just fail to see any reason to keep the changes hidden until so close to launch.

Agree with this. Great that you're going over it with us for the explanation, but why not let us see it. Might even get better questions on your streams this way as well.

Can't really be afraid of community outrage. We have that regardless of what you do or don't do. It's who we are. :rak_03:

Edited by Technohic

Agree with this. Great that you're going over it with us for the explanation, but why not let us see it. Might even get better questions on your streams this way as well.

Can't really be afraid of community outrage. We have that regardless of what you do or don't do. It's who we are. :rak_03:

LOL so true, though I would prefer to have the outrage based on fact, rather than speculation, which is all we have now for many of the changes.