Premade who actively ignore objectives.

gtangtan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been PvPing since the beginning of this game. I've been on #1, undefeated ranked 8s teams. I've spent hours a day playing with and VoIP chatting with top players from the most elite PvP guilds across different servers (back when there really wrer other servers). I've number farmed with the best of them.

Based on 6 years of that kind of experience, I will say this: if you really want to farm good numbers, you need the objectives to be attended to. If you ignore objs and the other team gets bombs planted on Voidstar, or caps two nodes on the other maps, players spread out. They move onto the next room. They go to try to cap side nodes and draw enemy players away. You will never, ever get top numbers trying to farm in a game where you don't put at least some effort into stopping a cap or watching a door.

If you want to farm real numbers - elite numbers - you actually need to pay some attention to objectives.

Based on the screen shots that I have seen on other websites of you and your team, Dabbin, I'm not surprised that you guys take such pride in farming damage and ignoring objectives, because the numbers are pretty low for people trying to number farm. If you really want to see some elite numbers, consider keeping tabs on the objectives a bit more.

I'm serious. I'm not trying to insult you, here, and I am not totally opposed to playing a match with the end in mind of farming numbers. Wins and losses only satisfy on their own for so long, and eventually those numbers are the kind of thing that gives the main satisfaction from a game. The thing is that getting high numbers AND winning is always better than getting high numbers and not winning, and to top it all off it's much easier to get much higher numbers when you're paying *some* attention to the objectives.

The numbers I've seen from your team are not elite. Keep your eye on the objectives more and maybe that could change.

Well all you have to do is come over and see for yourself if we do put up low numbers. I don't think you're capable of doing such thing, So I don't really know what pics your talking aside the the 6-0 zanadin run where no one gave a crap about it so idk, but hey I'm personally telling you to come see us :) don't be scared.

Never impressed with premade numbers because its fixed. It's like showing up to a pick up game of basketball with 4 of your friends, all of them ex-nba players standing 7ft tall and trash talking and flexing on neighborhood randoms who are just there to have some fun.

The only numbers I'm impressed with are yolo que numbers. If you top heal/dmg and you truly solo que, then I tip my hat to you, because that is more realistic of what pvp should be like - not fixing the match with a premade so you can look good, but actually playing good with the ebb-and-flow of fellow pugs and still being able to form, that is more of a testimony of a great pvpers then Mr "let me grab my 3 friends so i can show u how elite i am". Forming up with gang bang squad with dedicated heals/guard on your "elite" dps player and farming spawn points is cancer to regs and isn't respectable. Just saying.

But to each there own, Lord knows I've done it as well, form up supergroups just to troll regs, but at the end of the day its a pretty dirty move and I own up to it.

Edited by DenariusJay

PS: nothing makes my... "tail" get more tingly than catching a number farming premades dps alone, dumping on him solo and watching his hlr come barreling around the corner to save the day. makes me deeply happy, and yes, it happens a lot.

Wow ur so mene. Stop attacking people in PvP.

Let me know when any of you pvp regstars (who coincidently *only* que up with healers that have mained sorc heals since 3.0 or earlier) get ALL 7 MVP votes while miraculously que'ing solo and also running on their 3rd alt dps.

Four words :

never going to happen

Remember - its elite to play together in min/maxed gear against random nobodies, but its worthy and impressive when the decimation of an entire team comes from que'ing by yourself.

Okay :) since everyone is just instigating. Let us do this bois.. and /Good day.

/challenge accepted - and for the power of the all mighty jebez, holy be thy name, take this as banter.

Since some of you are just pimple faced noobs of PvP :) let ME explain the WORLD to YOU.

There is a reason why EU teams in WoW are like 3/4 in all International competitions. Yeah the World smallest player base has 3/4 of Worlds best PvP teams - if you live outside EU, you are basicly just average contenders..

So therefore :) as you GUYS are clearly not EU.. I just want to add one thing.

/B**** Slap (Read my signature)

you are weird.

thats cute bud. but the reality, when its not in your head, is that "elite" pvpers can dps and do objectives at the same time. you are just a one trick pony.

game is hard. specialy pve and objectives. know whats easy? globaling fresh players in pug regs with guard and heals. game is hard mang.

Exactly !!!

If they’re elite, they can do both at the same time without breaking a sweat.

Only bads have to farm numbers to prove themselves to other bads, especially a premade that has to tell everyone they are going to farm. If they were elite they could carry the team while doing both.

Edited by Totemdancer

It's rare to see a match end because enough players decided they didn't want to face a Huttball kill-farming premade where they just pass the ball around and farm kills while the clock counts down, and that is about the most un-fun match I've ever seen. You might get "everyone good quits" from one side of the ops frame, which they might notice after a while.

Depends on the time of day. I play when there is a low population in the queue, so it doesn’t take many to rage quit before it goes from 8v8 to 4v4 mode.

I played Vandin with 3v5 the other day because of rage quits. In the end I quit too because it’s extremely hard to solo score in Vandin without blowing up.

It devolved into me getting the ball and just getting to the line and blowing up before it. No one else was even trying.

The best PVPers leave with the win, the most OBJs, most damage, most protection, double the HPS of the next healer and make the “damage farmers” rage while doing it. EZ + PZ

Yes basicly.

Edited by Mannok

the bottom line is very simple.

you can teach someone to be a number farmer. give them dcd knowledge, counters and dps rotation.

but you cant teach how to be a good player. simple as that.there is so much more to pvp than just counter dcds/dps.

The best PVPers leave with the win, the most OBJs, most damage, most protection, double the HPS of the next healer and make the “damage farmers” rage while doing it. EZ + PZ

So true. Lemme just add this: and they don't need the second half of the team as "training wheels" to actually do objective so they can "focus". They can do so themselves.

there is so much more to pvp than just counter dcds/dps.

This should be written in neon on the PVP window.

there is so much more to pvp than just counter dcds/dps.

This should be written in neon on the PVP window.

Don’t forget the flashing lights and the voice over saying Baron Deathmark is selling “pvp for dummies” for those that need it.

Or they could just read “https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/”

Edited by Totemdancer

Honestly at this point I don’t even blame them. I’ve been playing mostly solo for YEARS! There’s nothing more noble or honorable about it. Nowadays it can actually be a soul crushing experience, to be doing 3-4x the damage of the next dps while taking twice the damage and getting killed 7-8 times, because you don’t have a pocket healer. It’s infuriating to be a damage sponge as a healer then at the end of the match no dps on your team even topped a million damage.

At least a few years ago there were enough good players that even queueing solo you would get some on your team often enough to at least put up a fight against a premades. And maybe even join together and form a decent rag tag group of your own.

I play maybe a day or two every two weeks, and when I do log in, nothing but tumbleweeds on my friends list. Just about everyone I knew abandoned this game.

If you one of those people that still have a solid group to run with... count yourself as fortunate and go stomp the **** out of regs. I hope you are having a blast. Seriously

You don't ask Aaron Rodgers to play defense .... You don't tell Lionel Messi to play keeper, and you don't ask LeBron to play defense either ... So why be mad when offensive players only want to play offense? PK Sabban plays defense because he is a beast at it and no one is going to dare ask him to play centre so again why the hate? Once you understand this then it makes it easier to understand the type of players out here in the PvP community.:):):) Accept them for the type of players they are, because if you like guarding and turning nodes and playing defense then you're going to smash the other team badly because its balance, if it's nothing but number players, while the damage will be big, but the warzone will be lost because no one is doing defense. It's a team event and these players like myself have already chosen the positions we are good at. Edited by dabbinwax

You don't ask Aaron Rodgers to play defense .... You don't tell Lionel Messi to play keeper, and you don't ask LeBron to play defense either ... So why be mad when offensive players only want to play offense? PK Sabban plays defense because he is a beast at it and no one is going to dare ask him to play centre so again why the hate? Once you understand this then it makes it easier to understand the type of players out here in the PvP community.:):):) Accept them for the type of players they are, because if you like guarding and turning nodes and playing defense then you're going to smash the other team badly because its balance, if it's nothing but number players, while the damage will be big, but the warzone will be lost because no one is doing defense. It's a team event and these players like myself have already chosen the positions we are good at.

Are you using guys in your analogy who fall down, cry real tears and grab their leg if someone bumps their hair?

Never said I was a fan of these players lol Aside from Sabban that dude is a monster.

I am 99.9999% sure you have not crited 40k on lightning sorc. bs

but uh.... the last .0001% is willing to concede you found some troll in empty slots running around naked. or paid a friend to do it. one or the other.

Edited by Seterade

I will drop here two things:

1.The best football (soccer, whatever you call it) teams would lose ALL their games if not for the goalkeeper, but none of them lose all their games due to not having a superstar. Hence objective is more important than "numbers". The fact that fans drool more about numbers doesn't make them more important. I hope these "legendary attackers" are capable of at least assisting in blocking goals when necessary. Usually, a good offense and lack of defense will lose versus a mediocre defense and mediocre offense.

2. To get the greatest crit possible, you need to have 0 alacrity and overstack power and crit. Your performance in combat will be far lower, but the flytexts will always show greater numbers (just the time interval between them will be greater as well). Worshipping the biggest hit is dumb even for number farmers...

Edited by Rafiknoll

You don't ask Aaron Rodgers to play defense .... You don't tell Lionel Messi to play keeper, and you don't ask LeBron to play defense either ... So why be mad when offensive players only want to play offense? PK Sabban plays defense because he is a beast at it and no one is going to dare ask him to play centre so again why the hate? Once you understand this then it makes it easier to understand the type of players out here in the PvP community.:):):) Accept them for the type of players they are, because if you like guarding and turning nodes and playing defense then you're going to smash the other team badly because its balance, if it's nothing but number players, while the damage will be big, but the warzone will be lost because no one is doing defense. It's a team event and these players like myself have already chosen the positions we are good at.

In short, you're not very good at the game.