Server Events?

Liviticis

A couple months back when the origin servers were going into jung ma, there were awesome events hosted by this server's community players. The last big event I remember was the vip event on belsavis and alderaan, but i haven't seen anything like that for quite sometime. I think the guild that hosted it was tribus? Do they host anymore events? We can all use fun stuff like that again. Just curious. Edited by Liviticis

<Clan Epsis> hosts planetary events for Imperial side hunters; we basically run a target aground on a planet, block the star port, and slice into the broadcast systems (use general chat) to announce that a 10,000 - 20,000 credit bounty mark just landed on the planet and is hiding somewhere. The first character within the level range of the planet to engage and kill the target (through a duel), wins.

We did it on Nal Hutta... the target was caught in thirty - forty minutes.

Keep an eye out for smaller scale events like that; we personally try to do stuff like that for the community, but we also do events like that for our guild on a regular basis to provide some incentive for people to join/ stay within our guild.

I know <The Imperial Guard> used to do events (I don't know if they still do) and I also know <Jen’Jedi> does stuff in the Black Hole. On Republic side I've seen <Knights of Sokan> host many internal events. <Alpha Company> typically tries getting PvP events together by announcing that they are going to be in a certain location at a specified time, or they are going to take an objective and they encourage Imps to stop them. <Seelund Trading Company> hosts a weekly speeder race among other evnets they are likely to have.

And those are just the guilds I'm aware of; I am sure many more guilds have stuff going on without my limited knowledge.

There are lots of other events, but many of them are hosted by actual RP-PvP guilds/clans. If you're not an RPer... that might be why you're not seeing stuff go down. That's not to say the non- RPers in the Jung Ma community don't do anything... I just don't have my finger on the pulse of that part of our community.

Edited by Creedys

The world pvp on Hoth was not as good as the VIP event imo. Tribus was the guild that set up the VIP event and they have either disbanded or the majority of players have stopped playing. Which is unfortunate considering how fun the VIP event was.

Well that's disappointing news, then again I think it's a sheer sign that this game is dying a bitter death. The players from tribus were also part of tor-talk, which has disbanded too. Tor-talk was loyal to this game and its community, but if they left...maybe that's my queue too. Very sad news that our community has deteriorated and I have no confidence that the community will thrive like it did before when swtor goes F2P.

Edited by Liviticis

Alpha Company set up a server event about two months ago, if I recall. However, due to complications, only other Republic guilds showed up, apart from two smaller Imperial guilds. We might try to get something going again if there is interest.