Ranked Warzone Development League

SEANeD

Because theres very few teams queueing for ranked and teams looking to get better either need to resort to premades or get destroyed by the same 2 or 3 top notch guilds, my guild and a few other guilds are starting a ranked warzone program where guilds with good pvpers wanting to do ranked can schedule ranked matches with other guilds with the same goal; to get better. I think this will benefit almost all guilds with pvp aspirations except for the prominent teams like uncensored. I'm not trying to exclude the better ranked teams from ranked warzones, the goal in starting this is to get teams to the point where they can compete at a higher level and want to queue more often. I think by doing this we can prevent super queues and add more teams to the ranked community.

Teams available for scheduling/ contact person

Qdodgers- Seane

Chaotic Pixels- Roxxay

HYDRA- Fadee

Try Hards United- Pillowz

Hail Scroob- Skarr'face

Transcendents- Aard

Afterlife- Lolah/Wane

Edited by SEANeD
More info

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess you are basically talking about forming kickball again? Good luck, and I hope you get a lot of participation. But don't pick Wednesday or Friday 8 eastern to start playing since this is when unc/ld50 play each other. And my impression is you want to play with less experienced teams in order to improve. Edited by EnzoForMe

So I guess you are basically talking about forming kickball again? Good luck, and I hope you get a lot of participation. But don't pick Wednesday or Friday 8 eastern to start playing since this is when unc/ld50 play each other. And my impression is you want to play with less experienced teams in order to improve.

^This. Playing Unc/Ld50 is an automatic loss most of the time for a pug group. Getting destroyed by them....not fun...

No, what i'm saying is that for a guild new to ranked to get better, they have to do premades and superqueues. Why not have guilds that want to do ranked play each other in ranked, but schedule it at a time where they are the only 2 teams queuing. This way they can get a competitive game instead of destroying people in regs or getting killed by the 2-3 teams that do ranked consistently. Edited by SEANeD

No, what i'm saying is that for a guild new to ranked to get better, they have to do premades and superqueues. Why not have guilds that want to do ranked play each other in ranked, but schedule it at a time where they are the only 2 teams queuing. This way they can get a competitive game instead of destroying people in regs or getting killed by the 2-3 teams that do ranked consistently.

And what happens if one of the teams gets a queue pop against another team (not the scheduled one)? Will you queue dodge or actually compete against another team?

And what happens if one of the teams gets a queue pop against another team (not the scheduled one)? Will you queue dodge or actually compete against another team?

Compete of course, but we would try to schedule them at times where we we're the only 2 teams queueing.

lol.. kind of have to with a guild name like that (Qdodgers)... no in all seriousness, take the queue pop. Im sure the intention is for a lot of teams to be queued. There are alot of pvp guilds in our server and if we actually used the intended rating system, this wouldn't be a problem. But to be honest though, I am a little skeptical if this is going to succeed or not. The problem in my opinion is in the design of the game itself and in addition, it requires a significant effort in part of the participants to field a ranked team.. There is no real incentive to participate in ranked other than to compete (which is intrinsic and a good philosophy to have) but not enough for most casual players. And add in the factor of the effort of creating a ranked team. What you get is little reward with huge effort from the players. Is it really a surprised that we only see a few serious ranked teams on our server, probably just two (uncensored and ld50)?

Edited by tigershrimps

Truthfully people have to accept that there is always bad teams and good ones, which one you are is only up to you, but you can only get better by playing better teams, to do so you have to leave your ego on the fleet when you take rated pop, which most people don't, they expect to compete with the best when they're newcomers.

1. Switching players every night building no chemistry

If your idea is to bring the same 8man everytime to build up chemistry and picking habit from players you're playing with, it should be fine, if you're just looking to throw a random 8 in there and expect to get better, sorry, it just won't happen.

2. People get butthurt and think only of their ego

When you take a rated pop and you're a newcomer leave your ego on the fleet before pressing ''Join Warzone'', to play ranked is to play as a team, scoreboard is meaningless at the end if all you see is ''Defeated''. Don't think of your rating, don't even worry about it, all you have to worry about is ''What could i've done better this game and get the W''

3. Strategy

Team need to think of a strategy for every map before the game is even started, this isn't regular warzone where you have no control over where people are going, work a strategy with the AC you have and switch spec depending of the map you're in.

Most of the time unexperienced teams are beaten before the 2min marks, if that happen, take note of what the other team did and work a counter for it.

4. Communication

People need to talk and be vocal about EVERYTHING : focus target, focus healing, hard CC, soft CC, incoming to a node and how many ennemies, if you can't talk it will be very hard for people to build chemistry with you, no one can read your mind, so speak up.

5. Game knowledge

Learn every AC in the game, learn every spec in the game, so you can counter them with the proper reaction instead of going with your regular rotation, by doing a lot of duels you will learn the animation of defensive CD and what exactly they do, nothing more funny to me than a carnage marauder using their ravage in the 1st 3 seconds of my saber ward. See what I did? If you don't know what i'm talking about go duel some more.

Why duel? Because you have the chance to see in 1on1 situation defensive and offensive CD in a smooth approach. When you'll get in group battle when someone is using CD you'll know what and what not to do.

6. Cut the fat

At the end of the day when you have worked with those things out and you still find your team losing more than winning, the brutal truth is some people are slacking, which lead you with 2 options :

A) work with them even more

B) look for a better player

Thats just my 2 cents if you guys trully want to improve, that being said, play better to get better, if you want to avoid playing teams like Uncensored or LD, you'll only have a brutal awakening when you do, which will come back to :

2. People get butthurt and think only of their ego.

Want to really be in ranked? Go against anyone, because that queue isn't meant for practice.

Edited by Amortys

Panser I agree with almost everything you said. When I was in TL7 we made a set team and people were butt hurt,we used to talk strat and scout other teams that we thought were queueing that night for 45min- an hour before we queued.( this is right before I left when we started to get pretty good), but in order to get that good we had to practice in outlawz den all the time, and superqueue from time to time with premades running every night. If the guilds looking to do ranked practice against each other where the competition is better then regs, but worse than ranked, I think a lot of guilds can benefit. When we first started out and got destroyed by you guys we weren't getting better. Towards the end of me being in TL7 we got to the point where we were good enough to at least give you guys a game ( if we had our best), but it took months before we got good enough to get to the point where we could even learn from you guys. I think scheduling games is the fastest way to get good if your a team new to ranked. And i'm not saying I would only play teams of even competition. Just once or twice a week getting a few competitive games in would be nice. Tbh I don't like everyone in uncensored, but when I was on mumble last night me and lesseps both agreed that if uncensored wasn't around this server would be way worse off. We would like nothing more than to give you guys a good game, but right now we are not good enough and we don't have enough people in the guild. Edited by SEANeD

Ah I see now. Well for the reasons Panser gave having a consistent team will be better if you are trying to improve enough to play competitively with LD and Unc. Gl.

Thanks. And a set team is ideal but like panser said, ppl will get butthurt. And in a guild where there are more people butt hurt then there are doing ranked, getting good is hard. When Panser said "cut the fat" it was hard to do if there is more fat then not. That's one reason why i'm in Qdodgers. And like I said its not about not getting you guys. In an ideal scenario there would be ten teams queueing just bc they liked pvp. And there would be you guys along with other guilds of different ability.

Panser I agree with almost everything you said. When I was in TL7 we made a set team and people were butt hurt,we used to talk strat and scout other teams that we thought were queueing that night for 45min- an hour before we queued.( this is right before I left when we started to get pretty good), but in order to get that good we had to practice in outlawz den all the time, and superqueue from time to time with premades running every night. If the guilds looking to do ranked practice against each other where the competition is better then regs, but worse than ranked, I think a lot of guilds can benefit. When we first started out and got destroyed by you guys we weren't getting better. Towards the end of me being in TL7 we got to the point where we were good enough to at least give you guys a game ( if we had our best), but it took months before we got good enough to get to the point where we could even learn from you guys. I think scheduling games is the fastest way to get good if your a team new to ranked. And i'm not saying I would only play teams of even competition. Just once or twice a week getting a few competitive games in would be nice. Tbh I don't like everyone in uncensored, but when I was on mumble last night me and lesseps both agreed that if uncensored wasn't around this server would be way worse off. We would like nothing more than to give you guys a good game, but right now we are not good enough and we don't have enough people in the guild.

im pretty sure you're not get any better by playing other baddies. this just sounds like another excuse to me. what are you gonna do after you think youre ready from doing lots of these so called ranked matches and get face rolled again by us and LD. whats gonna be your excuse then?. im pretty sure we didnt get good overnight. we kept playing LD, learned from our mistakes and improved.

im pretty sure you're not get any better by playing other baddies. this just sounds like another excuse to me. what are you gonna do after you think youre ready from doing lots of these so called ranked matches and get face rolled again by us and LD. whats gonna be your excuse then?. im pretty sure we didnt get good overnight. we kept playing LD, learned from our mistakes and improved.

First off, most of the guilds in this don't have extensive tryouts or require an application, so why do you think that they can just go into a game with you guys and even stay alive long enough to learn from it? Second, there are guilds that can still give you guys competition regaurdless they just need more time to develop in a competitive 8v8 warzone. And if we're playing with baddies and it wouldn't get us better than why do you care? do you want us to play you? you want to play "baddies". Oh wait, i thought you said that doesn't get a team better. Besides, most of the guilds that are considering entering are pretty good and can compete if they practice. And i believe uncensored was a prominent guild when you joined and i think you yourself haven't had to lose a lot before you learned from your mistakes and improved.

First off, most of the guilds in this don't have extensive tryouts or require an application, so why do you think that they can just go into a game with you guys and even stay alive long enough to learn from it? Second, there are guilds that can still give you guys competition regaurdless they just need more time to develop in a competitive 8v8 warzone. And if we're playing with baddies and it wouldn't get us better than why do you care? do you want us to play you? you want to play "baddies". Oh wait, i thought you said that doesn't get a team better. Besides, most of the guilds that are considering entering are pretty good and can compete if they practice. And i believe uncensored was a prominent guild when you joined and i think you yourself haven't had to lose a lot before you learned from your mistakes and improved.

1. you're right we wouldnt get better from playing you guys but that doesnt mean that you wont get better. embrace the faceroll like we had to.

2. you wouldn't know how many games ive lost to improve because you don't do ranked. Ive had more ranked experience and lost many games because i actually do ranked. you think i always played with uncensored? i know what it means to get facerolled. ive experienced wat you've experienced.

1. you're right we wouldnt get better from playing you guys but that doesnt mean that you wont get better. embrace the faceroll like we had to.

2. you wouldn't know how many games ive lost to improve because you don't do ranked. Ive had more ranked experience and lost many games because i actually do ranked. you think i always played with uncensored? i know what it means to get facerolled. ive experienced wat you've experienced.

Before you were in uncensored and when i was in TL7 we played you guys and LD50 a lot. Ive lost over 100 ranked games, but like i said earlier, towards the end of me being in the guild, when we made a set team, are best 8 would have probably given you guys a game. Still wouldn't be close, but we would be able to kill you guys. And the reason we got better was weeks of premades and trying to superqueue along with ranked games with guilds other than uncensored and LD. What me and the other guilds participating are trying to do is get better so we can have more teams queueing on a regular basis. I'm not suggesting the way you have put forth doesn't work, its just i think this is a faster way of getting a set team with coordinated players.

To all the comments about uncen and ld annd not facing or facing them in my opinion it works if you want to get better the first 2 or 3 games you get facerolled after that the general process seems to be go in there **** its....(insert guilds name that facerolled you) play like ****. In all honesty in this game if you can mind **** your opponent enough or make their morale bad you will win every time. If you want to face uncen or ld and win dont go into the ranked with the mindset that your going to lose automatically. No offense to uncen or ld but they still have a lot of things to do better at before they are damn good.

Go into a ranked and treat it like any other game leave the negative attitude at the door then after the warzone is done win or lose tell people this is what you need to improve upon and this is what you did good. If you consistently tell a guildy "you are a piece of ****, get good" they are not going to improve or at least not with your team.

They'll probably hate me if they found out I told... But us <Hail Skroob> scrubs queue 2 full teams for ranked every Saturday night (to play against each other). We do it for fun, but I ain't scurred of you muh****as. Lol

But that's just a heads up. They'd queue dodge if they knew some of the better teams were playing that night but I think I can convince them to give the lesser known guilds a run. Even if we do get ran through.

I solo queue almost exclusively and got dammit I'm tired of it. Maybe a few wins in ranked against other guilds will give some of these guys some confidence to pvp more with me.

They'll probably hate me if they found out I told... But us <Hail Skroob> scrubs queue 2 full teams for ranked every Saturday night (to play against each other). We do it for fun, but I ain't scurred of you muh****as. Lol

But that's just a heads up. They'd queue dodge if they knew some of the better teams were playing that night but I think I can convince them to give the lesser known guilds a run. Even if we do get ran through.

I solo queue almost exclusively and got dammit I'm tired of it. Maybe a few wins in ranked against other guilds will give some of these guys some confidence to pvp more with me.

Pd will prolly que rank this week not sure when! Scheduling has been hard. So we will see!

I know what ya'll need

Problem solved

There's so much win in this post! I thought I was the only one who stood shirtless in front of the mirror doing hip thrusts listening to this song, slapping myself in the face, yelling "play like a champion today," and getting pumped before doing any serious PvP. Legend has it that its what leetness is made of.

You sir... Are doing it right!

Edited by Cowflab

Was just in a group against 4 qdodgers.. Impressive on the response times to various moves on different turrets... You seemed to really have a good grasp on PvP. Looking like once you guys get up and running that there may be another team to add to the ranked pool.