Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Malgus not remember you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

ScrubbyBK
10.09.2019 , 10:08 PM | #1
When Malgus returns in jedi under siege why does he say nothing about you killing him? My Sith Warrier killed him in the False Emporer flashpoint yet it's not mentioned by him and there are no dialogue options for it.

Lhancelot
10.09.2019 , 10:10 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ScrubbyBK View Post
When Malgus returns in jedi under siege why does he say nothing about you killing him? My Sith Warrier killed him in the False Emporer flashpoint yet it's not mentioned by him and there are no dialogue options for it.
He used the Force to make you think he doesn't remember you, when in fact he does.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

MikeCobalt
10.09.2019 , 10:44 PM | #3
Didn't Malgus say something like "let bygones be Bygones", "Put our Differences /History behind us"? I thought I *Did remember him making a small No-longer Important type comment somewhere in the beginning. Some small comment mostly seeming to get past that and move on to the upcoming battle. Its a real pity either way that last few seconds back & forth with Malgus about the Empires change I've always thought was the best part of the Flashpoint, Also his comments when at "Malstrom Prison"
Spoiler
Now all or most of those best parts are pushed aside for the minimal number of words and so Generic (to reduce dialog options to One) it falls into obscurity.

denavin
10.09.2019 , 10:45 PM | #4
He's gone Senile...
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

OldVengeance
10.09.2019 , 11:13 PM | #5
There's a bug that sometimes affects certain characters. It causes them to have the default dialogue options as if they never did False Emperor when they meet him. I'm not sure why if affects some characters and not others, there doesn't seem to be any patter that I've detected.

And if it still affects you then it sounds like Bioware hasn't dealt with it.

Balameb
10.10.2019 , 08:04 AM | #6
I don't the dynamic between my toons and Malgus. I did not feel that we did not know each other, but still the whole "i'm the one that kill you" was not present, that really pisses me.
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
There's a bug that sometimes affects certain characters. It causes them to have the default dialogue options as if they never did False Emperor when they meet him. I'm not sure why if affects some characters and not others, there doesn't seem to be any patter that I've detected.

And if it still affects you then it sounds like Bioware hasn't dealt with it.
Mmmm, never hear of that. I even look at videos of people going for every possible dialogue choice to look for any reference that player chracter was the one that killed him and found nothing
If that's a bug then i'm even more pissed because i cannot repeat Ossus story.
BW can track perfectly whatever i choose in a very unimportant side quest in the starting planet(malora) but cannot track the ending of one of the main storylines?
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Lhancelot
10.10.2019 , 09:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Didn't Malgus say something like "let bygones be Bygones", "Put our Differences /History behind us"? I thought I *Did remember him making a small No-longer Important type comment somewhere in the beginning.
Darth Malgus isn't one to carry grudges around for a lifetime.

He has moved on, and so should you, OP. It's never helpful dredging up the past dwelling on the bad things that someone did!

If Malgus is to be a part of your life moving forward, it's best to forgive him and move on. GL with your relationship with Darth Malgus.
TRUE
FALSE
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

IoNonSoEVero
10.10.2019 , 10:09 AM | #8
Going through Ossus I think my characters have always had a conversation choice that was like "I thought I killed you" and at the end there's something like "I'm glad to have fought with you again." The player doesn't spend an hour talking about how they previously killed Malgus but in my experience there's always been something there.

xordevoreaux
10.10.2019 , 11:27 AM | #9

Not in Felwithe or in Qeynos or in Faydark did he roam,
For the darth known as Malgus maintained Ilum for a home,
And while he may have met a lady all fine and rich and rare,
We've no sure way of knowing he invited someone there,
But he fought her in the wilds and fought her on the land,
And fought her on a log in the middle of Alderaan,
So if someone ever wonders why he cannot recollect,
Such simpletons as you (of no great intellect),
Take no great pains to ponder such a simple thing as true,
For the man fought someone far more fun...than someone such as you.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Lhancelot
10.10.2019 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post

Not in Felwithe or in Qeynos or in Faydark did he roam,
For the darth known as Malgus maintained Ilum for a home,
And while he may have met a lady all fine and rich and rare,
We've no sure way of knowing he invited someone there,
But he fought her in the wilds and fought her on the land,
And fought her on a log in the middle of Alderaan,
So if someone ever wonders why he cannot recollect,
Such simpletons as you (of no great intellect),
Take no great pains to ponder such a simple thing as true,
For the man fought someone far more fun...than someone such as you.
haha, BRAVO! Well done, well done. English is not your first tongue, right?
TRUE
FALSE