Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why No Social For PVP


MK-ULTRA's Avatar


MK-ULTRA
10.08.2019 , 01:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
In game, Immersive pvp has no social aspect therefore game rewards of "social points" wouldn't be a factor, however this IS A video game, and therefore, the shear act of interaction with others as in pvp is a social environment and should support the reward of social points.

I think social points were created for flashpoints and the devs just never thought about pvp in that regard. As, players we are playing together in pvp. The social points should apply.
Your brain is functioning at maximum efficiency master.
You spelled tyranny wrong.

denavin's Avatar


denavin
10.08.2019 , 01:40 PM | #22
As with most PvPer's You Can't See the Forrest because of all of the Bodies.

The main premise of PvP is to Gather in a Group to KILL EACH OTHER. There is NOTHING social about that.

Quote:
SOCIAL:


Examples of Social:
// The vacation resort held a lot of social events.
// I joined the club to improve my social life.
// Her sister is much more social than she is.
// Social institutions like marriage and family Health care is a major social issue.
// Martin Luther King, Jr., fought for social change.
// Most humans are social beings.
NOT:
The vacation resort held a lot of social events. Like Killing the other Vacationers.
Or
I joined the club to improve my social life. "Hi Nice to Meet You. Sorry Now I Have to Kill You.
Or
Most humans are social beings.
Ok you go over there and sneak up behind them and kill them.

I am sorry but Killing Your Fellow Players is Not a Social EVENT even if you do it in a group.
That is Anti-Social.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Nickodemous's Avatar


Nickodemous
10.08.2019 , 08:51 PM | #23
This sounds a whole like a "gimme, gimme, gimme, something for nothing thread! The least social aspect of this game is pvp….it is what it is.....
Clandestu TyranticusTyranticus
Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord

The Harbinger - POT5 - Jedi Covenant

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.08.2019 , 10:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
I just had to laugh.
I know right. And some of these arguments to say it’s not are all being made by non Pvpers. LMAO.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
10.09.2019 , 07:07 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
As with most PvPer's You Can't See the Forrest because of all of the Bodies.

The main premise of PvP is to Gather in a Group to KILL EACH OTHER. There is NOTHING social about that.



NOT:
The vacation resort held a lot of social events. Like Killing the other Vacationers.
Or
I joined the club to improve my social life. "Hi Nice to Meet You. Sorry Now I Have to Kill You.
Or
Most humans are social beings.
Ok you go over there and sneak up behind them and kill them.

I am sorry but Killing Your Fellow Players is Not a Social EVENT even if you do it in a group.
That is Anti-Social.
Repeating your argument over and over again without saying anything new, while criticizing pvpers for having tunnel vision, is not particularly helpful. It is ironic, however.

Try making the case for how FPs deserve to get social points when you're being awarded them for clicking a conversation option in cutscenes. How you can go through an entire FP [or an entire op] without saying anything, but still be awarded social points. Your "competition isn't social" argument is completely irrelevant to why we have social points.

If anything, the only people who should be getting social points on a regular basis are RPers and the fleet trolls.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

ZeroTypeR's Avatar


ZeroTypeR
10.09.2019 , 02:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
LMAO, it is the definition of social.
It is ^.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.09.2019 , 02:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
This sounds a whole like a "gimme, gimme, gimme, something for nothing thread! The least social aspect of this game is pvp….it is what it is.....
Hey, if you really want "something for nothing," I think social rank should be legacy-wide. Because I'm equally sociable regardless of the character I'm playing.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
10.09.2019 , 03:41 PM | #28
Why no social points for hanging around somewhere talking to other players, that's being social, right ?
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.09.2019 , 05:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
"Repeating your argument over and over again without saying anything new, while criticizing pvpers for having tunnel vision, is not particularly helpful. It is ironic, however."
Ardrossan, when I read this I hear/see Colonel Tavington from The Patriot movie saying this.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.09.2019 , 06:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Ardrossan, when I read this I hear/see Colonel Tavington from The Patriot movie saying this.
That’s just art imitating real life, especially at the moment